Freshman Team

Re: Week 11: R27 #12 Fisher @ #5 Trimble

Post by TomcatFootball11 »

Glouster Memorial has been a MSL death house since 2018:
2018: Fisher Catholic 37-0
2019: Worthington Christian 34-6
2020: Berne Union 35-14
2021: ???

I think the Cats will show up and take care of business.
Last edited by TomcatFootball11 on Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

I’m sure Uncle Phil isn’t finished with us. That man has the memory of a library. 🙁

ttomcat 80
JV Team

Post by ttomcat 80 »

Only thing I can say is hopefully no gets hurt.🙏

:roll: cats :roll:
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

‘18 was a nightmare. First half we exceeded expectations up until that goal line stand (1st and goal from the 1.) Trimble’s second score of the game broke our backs — trying to remember what exactly the play was, a PA rollout hitting a slant pattern? I recall it being a masterful play call but I can’t remember what it was. After that we looked like we DGAF and Trimble really ramped up their intensity the moment they smelled blood in the water. Went from a respectable showing by us to a freaking embarrassment. It was a rightful, unapologetic whipping.

Playoffs is house money for us. Blessing to have one more game. Don’t have even half of the tools our ‘18 team had but these boys have way more pride & heart than the team 3 years ago did as a collective unit.

Glousterite
Freshman Team

Post by Glousterite »

CalPreps has this game at (neutral field)
Trimble - 35
FC - 13
Don’t know enough about FC this year to make a valid prediction. Just know the history and in this case, we’re hoping history repeats itself. Regardless, hope both teams come out injury free.

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
Johnny b
Waterboy

Post by Johnny b »

Good luck to the cats

Roy Mcavoy
Freshman Team

Post by Roy Mcavoy »

Calpreps has it Trimble 35-13 over Fisher

Greatest 12 in US Open History
Teufelhunden
Freshman Team

Post by Teufelhunden »

formerfcfan wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:52 pm I’m sure Uncle Phil isn’t finished with us. That man has the memory of a library. 🙁
Yep, Phat Phil always remembers. Prepare to lose your brakes in this one if you are an FC fan.

Tow Head
Freshman Team

Post by Tow Head »

Teufelhunden wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:05 am
formerfcfan wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:52 pm I’m sure Uncle Phil isn’t finished with us. That man has the memory of a library. 🙁
Yep, Phat Phil always remembers. Prepare to lose your brakes in this one if you are an FC fan.
How could anyone forget? From finding out FC got videos of all 10 games and scouting reports from one of our opponents to the FC people bragging that they had the better team that night and the Cats just got lucky. Yeah, FC will have their brakes beaten off of them this time. There'll be no way anyone leaves the Tomcat Dome without knowing which team is 60 points better than the other. The only thing that might keep the score down is the running clock that will start at the second half opening KO and won't stop until it reads triple zeros.

MORBaseball
Waterboy

Post by MORBaseball »

Tow Head wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:11 am
How could anyone forget? From finding out FC got videos of all 10 games and scouting reports from one of our opponents to the FC people bragging that they had the better team that night and the Cats just got lucky. Yeah, FC will have their brakes beaten off of them this time. There'll be no way anyone leaves the Tomcat Dome without knowing which team is 60 points better than the other. The only thing that might keep the score down is the running clock that will start at the second half opening KO and won't stop until it reads triple zeros.

I for one have no idea what happened in the past. Keep in mind that Fisher Catholic has a different head coach (2nd year at the helm) and different players than they did when whatever happened that you are eluding to. Current head coach runs a much tighter ship and doesn't stand for trash talk or showboating and he doesn't disrespect any opponent. Hopefully whatever was done in the past can be left in the past and we can have a good clean game on Saturday night. FC is greatly undermatched, just as they have been in nearly every game this season. Low numbers has forced them to play several Freshmen and sophomores who need more time to develop. But they play with a lot of heart and won't quit no matter what the score is.

Tow Head
Freshman Team

Post by Tow Head »

MORBaseball wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:58 am

I for one have no idea what happened in the past. Keep in mind that Fisher Catholic has a different head coach (2nd year at the helm) and different players than they did when whatever happened that you are eluding to. Current head coach runs a much tighter ship and doesn't stand for trash talk or showboating and he doesn't disrespect any opponent. Hopefully whatever was done in the past can be left in the past and we can have a good clean game on Saturday night. FC is greatly undermatched, just as they have been in nearly every game this season. Low numbers has forced them to play several Freshmen and sophomores who need more time to develop. But they play with a lot of heart and won't quit no matter what the score is.
Yeah it will be a clean game by the Cats. They don't play dirty. Other than that it's a nice story you shared there, but it won't diminish the revenge factor in this one. Yep, clean game but your team needs to know who they played and wish they would have been matched up with someone else this year. BTW we've played FC several times and have yet to see them not think they are a little above us rutters down here in gods country so it would be a nice change if they are what you say they are. Have to see it to believe it though. Good luck either way. ;)

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

I'm not personally aware of what's being claimed above regarding the game in '18. Not saying it didn't happen; just didn't see it myself and I don't see any mention of it in the thread from that game viewtopic.php?f=2&t=69504

They (FC) didn't field a kickoff, for goodness sake. Talking trash would be silly, even with the beatdown. Then again, some of those kids were idiots and the previous coach was a clown in his conduct. Not at all a reflection of who we are, especially today.

MORBaseball
Waterboy

Post by MORBaseball »

Tow Head wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:09 am

Yeah it will be a clean game by the Cats. They don't play dirty. Other than that it's a nice story you shared there, but it won't diminish the revenge factor in this one. Yep, clean game but your team needs to know who they played and wish they would have been matched up with someone else this year. BTW we've played FC several times and have yet to see them not think they are a little above us rutters down here in gods country so it would be a nice change if they are what you say they are. Have to see it to believe it though. Good luck either way. ;)
I'm from "God's country"...further south than Glouster. Grew up 2 blocks from the Ohio River. Many of the kids on our team also have country roots (or currently live in the country...Perry County) and certainly don't think they are better than anyone because they go to a private school. Is there a bad apple or two, sure, there always will be on any team. I'm sure you have a bad apple or two on yours. But I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at the class of this team. Some of the Miller Falcon players called this team the nicest, classiest team they played.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

All of my interactions in-person with the Trimble folks at FC/Trimble games and elsewhere have been pleasant -- win or lose -- and I hope those who have interacted with me feel that they could say the same (individually and/or as a representation of my school-community.)

Handfuls of SEO roots with our people in sports and school.

Paladine
Waterboy

Post by Paladine »

Meanwhile, NC is focused on winning a state title with little concern about revenge games with lower seed teams in their region. Just a different mindset and multiple state titles supports how they do things.

Glousterite
Freshman Team

Post by Glousterite »

Paladine wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:44 pm

Meanwhile, NC is focused on winning a state title with little concern about revenge games with lower seed teams in their region. Just a different mindset and multiple state titles supports how they do things.
With Maria Stein in D7, everyone can forget about winning a state title.

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
Superman
JV Team

Post by Superman »

Paladine wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:44 pm

Let Trimble recruit from an area with as many people as Newark or Lancaster and stay in Division 7. They would never lose.

MORBaseball
Waterboy

Post by MORBaseball »

Here we go with the ignorant and stale "recruiting" talk. I can't speak for any private school except for FC but I can tell you wholeheartedly 100% that Fisher Catholic does not "recruit". If they did, they'd have more than 22 players on their football team and they wouldn't be starting several freshmen who aren't ready for varsity football. They also wouldn't have had a baseball program last year (and this year coming up) with 13-14 TOTAL players in it (no freshman team or JV team). This year's baseball program will consist of 14 players. Of those, 7 will be freshmen and sophomores and 1 will be an Italian exchange student who's never played baseball in his life. That same Italian is playing football and prior to this fall he had never even seen a football game.
So come up with a new argument rather than continually claiming "recruiting". If FC recruited they'd be state contenders in all sports and would have half the players from Lancaster High School on the roster since they won't sniff varsity until their senior year for the Gales.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Ah, yes, the semiannual discussion of recruiting that FC some how gets drug into. An SEOPS tradition as welcomed as the linemen percentages talk coming from Mercer-Vegas. :mrgreen: I suppose it's flattering to be thought of in that light, because it's never applied to programs/schools that have no reputation of having had some measurable (yet subjective) success. On the other hand, in the interest of not just separating 'fact from fiction' but also realizing the hearts of our families I do feel compelled to rebut the accusation -- not for my own reputation (don't care) but in the communal pride I have in our boys, coaches and teachers.

FC is one of the smallest football-playing schools in the state. Even in the 90's/early-mid 00's it was, but its a whole hell of a lot smaller today compared to then. Up until two years ago, it supported four fall sports programs across 75 boys in the entire school (grades 9-12.) Golf (2015 Division III team champions -- man that was a great team) has since been cut. XC is vibrant and generally one of the better D3 programs this side of I-70 and US-23; boys soccer is still alive yet struggling. Football -- we have who we have. Would it be nice to have more players? Of course. That said, I wouldn't trade a single one of our boys away if it meant a roster of 40+. Saturday will likely be rough for us (I've never been a homer) but the frankest evidence to determine whether or not "FC recruits" will be there for all to see.

We've had some major issues with enrollment and football program health after 2007. '08 recession and its after-shocks held true and through for a long time. FC is ~40% smaller today than it was in 2008. The state of the Catholic schools, let alone Catholic institutions (e.g. parishes that are about to be consolidated) has also been troubled both within the FC 'system' and the overarching dysfunction of the Diocese of Columbus in the meantime. The Catholic grade school in Lancaster (and its sponsoring parish) has been in the dumps administratively and in finances (directly stemmed to enrollment/activity) the entire past decade -- FC's second "feeder" just closed its doors permanently this summer (St. Rose of New Lexington.) FC used to have a steady flow of 10-12 families per class from Perry County, but that number is now down to 4-6 per class. Sheridan is more/less our biggest competition when it comes to the Catholic families in PC, and that's a pretty tough school to really 'compete' against. Anyone not convinced by the proceeding can ask the family of a Trimble player who moved to Glouster from Lancaster/the FC system of education about 7-10 years ago. Their son graduated in 2016. Surname begins with "R."

We have who we have. Their parents can tell you why they set their $$$ aside so their kids can go to the school "less-traveled." It's certainly not to play >95% of the snaps in a game, week-in and week-out. Our best player could easily be a star for the public school his folks are paying taxes to, except the coaches at that school don't know he even exists because he's been with us from the very beginning. Same can be said for his peers. Devotion to Catholicism, belief in the school and program to them trumps a more-glamorous Friday Night Lights career somewhere else.

We have a fine school that we love; Trimble folks have a fine school themselves chocked full of good people. I'm sure in any hypothetical where Trimble kids lived in Lancaster and had an interest in attending FC (Catholic or not), they'd enjoy FC; conversely any FC kid that lived in northern Athens County would enjoy Trimble if they weren't at FC.

Return to “Football”