Meadowbrook 64 Vinton County 34 2021 Playoffs

MrFirstTake
SE

Re: #11 (6-3) Vinton County @ #6 (8-2) Meadowbrook

Post by MrFirstTake »

carbon_dated wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:53 pm If you're on FB it's on KGP Productions live broadcast. The guys are fair and do great job.
I’ve watched the passes few years they always do a great job they did like an hour long show where they would have the meadowbrook and buckeye trail coach come on and interview them I’m not sure if they did that show this year though

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:52 am
Dundas wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:50 am
Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:44 am

Get used to it. Feelings aren’t taken into consideration in the playoffs , it’s dog eat dog
That may be true. Which would make the fight, started by the Colts being upset about a hard tackle, should’ve never happened.
Eh who cares . Fights happen , it’s football. Vikes played tough and will learn and get better.
Completely agree.

Digger60
Waterboy

Post by Digger60 »

Dundas wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:27 am Vinton County’s offense was unstoppable, once the Vikings realized they belonged in this game. Meadowbrook had the best offense I have seen since the 2014 Burrow Bulldogs. The Colts run defense however, was average at best. Honestly, one of the worst we have seen this season. VC was down 28-0 early in the second quarter. Name one team that fights back from that. Meadowbrook expected to be in this game. VC will have that mindset next year. Great fight in the Vikings. Looking forward to 2022. I have a good feeling the Vikings will be hosting one next year. Congratulations to Zane Carr on setting the single season rushing record for VC (10 games) and the rest of the seniors that have continued the rise of this program. We’ll be back.
I wouldn’t call VC Offense unstoppable…. Meadowbrook came into the game with 2 starters out. 2nd half played with out 3 starting linebackers and a starting safety. VC can not throw the ball at all. They threw 5 passes the entire game 2 ended in INT’s How do they expect to win playoff games? That is 1980’s football. When you give up 64 points in a game… you really don’t belong in the playoffs. Thats what the expanded playoffs get you.
I will say VC did not give up, their kids fought hard and to the end.

Riverrats
Freshman Team

Post by Riverrats »

It was what most expected. Meadowbrook was up early and often. They pulled some of their starters in the second half but the defense is what it is, they are about outscoring teams not stopping you. Scary part is they had probably their best player out in Mcmanaway and their top receiver out in Flowers.
I agree the colts shouldn't have went for two late. It was brought on by a personal foul against Vinton which probably caused the coaches to get heated and tack on the extra point. Could have just pat, and assessed it on the kickoff and called it a day. As for the fight, looked like they laid on the interceptor, colts tried to pull him off, Vinton shoved, fight insues, coaches get involved, crap talk both sides etc. From what I see both teams aren't getting nominated for any sportsmanship awards this year but are playing to win. VC has a great back in #7 and their line did a nice job. Nothing to be ashamed of.
Hopefully they have some kids returning. This was never a game though and Meadowbrook may beat John Glenn who is missing several skill players now and are facing a colt offense that found its groove. Either way they get St. Clairsville after who will be favored big.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

Dundas wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:27 am Vinton County’s offense was unstoppable, once the Vikings realized they belonged in this game. Meadowbrook had the best offense I have seen since the 2014 Burrow Bulldogs. The Colts run defense however, was average at best. Honestly, one of the worst we have seen this season. VC was down 28-0 early in the second quarter. Name one team that fights back from that. Meadowbrook expected to be in this game. VC will have that mindset next year. Great fight in the Vikings. Looking forward to 2022. I have a good feeling the Vikings will be hosting one next year. Congratulations to Zane Carr on setting the single season rushing record for VC (10 games) and the rest of the seniors that have continued the rise of this program. We’ll be back.
I have seen a lot of posts on here by mainly you congratulating the VC vikings. That's your team so I get it. Always defending them no matter what, they can do no wrong. But they did not win their league championship, and even with an unstoppable offense got blasted in their first playoff game 64-34. Realistically, you ended 6-4 congrats on a winning record. But be honest did you beat a good team? Schedule up in your non conference and raise the expectations of that program. Good luck next year.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Digger60 wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:40 am
I wouldn’t call VC Offense unstoppable…. Meadowbrook came into the game with 2 starters out. 2nd half played with out 3 starting linebackers and a starting safety. VC can not throw the ball at all. They threw 5 passes the entire game 2 ended in INT’s How do they expect to win playoff games? That is 1980’s football. When you give up 64 points in a game… you really don’t belong in the playoffs. Thats what the expanded playoffs get you.
I will say VC did not give up, their kids fought hard and to the end.
VC scored on 5 straight possessions. That’s pretty unstoppable. If Meadowbrook belongs in the playoffs, they probably should give up 5 touchdowns to a team that “doesn’t” belong.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:11 am
I have seen a lot of posts on here by mainly you congratulating the VC vikings. That's your team so I get it. Always defending them no matter what, they can do no wrong. But they did not win their league championship, and even with an unstoppable offense got blasted in their first playoff game 64-34. Realistically, you ended 6-4 congrats on a winning record. But be honest did you beat a good team? Schedule up in your non conference and raise the expectations of that program. Good luck next year.
This team just finished above .500 for the first time in 17 years. No one starts out as state champs. We now have a foundation. I do defend my team but they definitely do wrong. 64 points is inexcusable but it’s a learning experience.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Dundas wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:58 am
This team just finished above .500 for the first time in 17 years. No one starts out as state champs. We now have a foundation. I do defend my team but they definitely do wrong. 64 points is inexcusable but it’s a learning experience.
I agree with that. Laying the foundation and a good starting/building point. VC intrigued me ever since the Zane Trace game. I do want to give them credit for not quiting last night when a lot of teams would throw in the towel.

juice72
Waterboy

Post by juice72 »

The only interceptions were Lobs at the half and end of the game. VC didn't need to throw the ball because that 1980s offense pounded that 2021 suspect MC defense. yall act like VC didn't have players out as well. MC had more speed that was it other than that what do they have? 2 or 3 stops by VC and its a 1 score game.

The little muskies will have their way with the little ponies next week lol and then all the seniors will graduate and they'll be an average 5 and 5 next season. #Toldyouso

as far as leveling up out of conference games how about the little ponies bring that same energy to Vinton County next year.

Riverrats
Freshman Team

Post by Riverrats »

The colts gave up 5 in a row but let's be honest, probably hard to stay as focused on d when you are up 28 after the first 15 minutes. Coaches rightfully yanked several starters who have been nursing injuries after half. It was 42-14 at that point. Also the game and fight is on YouTube. You can see what actually happened. A Meadowbrook linemen just standing there gets smoked from behind long after the play by #21 who isn't wearing a helmet and comes from the sideline. He ends up injured and helped off the field. Not crying about it..but like I said no sportsmanship awards in this one and don't think both teams aren't getting it on between the whistle.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Dundas wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:58 am
Let's be honest. If you want to keep building you should get a better out of conference schedule. Stinks the Trimble game was canceled so that was probably one of the better teams you'd face in season.The tvc Ohio is weak, so get better ooc games

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

The VC hate is real lol

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Ironmen34 wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:02 pm The VC hate is real lol
No hate brother. Just stating facts. A school the size of VC should expect winning seasons. Why not schedule tougher teams in non conference? With the new playoff system, if your 5-5 your probably in. Why not get your team ready for that? Like I said great starting point to push forward.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:12 pm
Ironmen34 wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:02 pm The VC hate is real lol
No hate brother. Just stating facts. A school the size of VC should expect winning seasons. Why not schedule tougher teams in non conference? With the new playoff system, if your 5-5 your probably in. Why not get your team ready for that? Like I said great starting point to push forward.
Fort Frye would love to play Vinton.

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

I really see no reason why those 2 schools shouldn't play each other. Only 90 minutes apart. Be a decent gate.
Was curious, EDSpy, if Fort Frye has its schedule for next season? I mean, they do have 10 games I hope.

Digger60
Waterboy

Post by Digger60 »

juice72 wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:36 am The only interceptions were Lobs at the half and end of the game. VC didn't need to throw the ball because that 1980s offense pounded that 2021 suspect MC defense. yall act like VC didn't have players out as well. MC had more speed that was it other than that what do they have? 2 or 3 stops by VC and its a 1 score game.

The little muskies will have their way with the little ponies next week lol and then all the seniors will graduate and they'll be an average 5 and 5 next season. #Toldyouso

as far as leveling up out of conference games how about the little ponies bring that same energy to Vinton County next year.
Scoreboard…. Running Clock…. We all told you so…

Wcpo
Waterboy

Post by Wcpo »

Playoffs, survive and move on. Take care of next season when it gets here. All the rest is academic. Win and keep going. Lose and turn in the gear. Simple. Maybe meadowbrook loses, maybe they don’t. Either way, VC is already thinking about next year. Meanwhile, looking forward to another game. Go Colts.

juice72
Waterboy

Post by juice72 »

Digger60 wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:48 pm
juice72 wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:36 am The only interceptions were Lobs at the half and end of the game. VC didn't need to throw the ball because that 1980s offense pounded that 2021 suspect MC defense. yall act like VC didn't have players out as well. MC had more speed that was it other than that what do they have? 2 or 3 stops by VC and its a 1 score game.

Scoreboard…. Running Clock…. We all told you so…
Next week when the little ponies lose to the little muskies ill find you and tell you so 😉 waterboy

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

carbon_dated wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:41 pm I really see no reason why those 2 schools shouldn't play each other. Only 90 minutes apart. Be a decent gate.
Was curious, EDSpy, if Fort Frye has its schedule for next season? I mean, they do have 10 games I hope.
Have at least 3 open dates for next year.

Omaha
Riding the Bench

Post by Omaha »

Good season VC.
See you week 9.

"Do what you do, and do it well"

Return to “Football”