Meadowbrook 64 Vinton County 34 2021 Playoffs

Ironmen98
All State

Re: #11 (6-3) Vinton County @ #6 (8-2) Meadowbrook

Post by Ironmen98 »

EasternDspy wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:13 pm
MadeInRossCounty wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:12 pm
Ironmen34 wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:02 pm The VC hate is real lol
No hate brother. Just stating facts. A school the size of VC should expect winning seasons. Why not schedule tougher teams in non conference? With the new playoff system, if your 5-5 your probably in. Why not get your team ready for that? Like I said great starting point to push forward.
Fort Frye would love to play Vinton.
Jackson would love to play FF

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:19 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:13 pm
No hate brother. Just stating facts. A school the size of VC should expect winning seasons. Why not schedule tougher teams in non conference? With the new playoff system, if your 5-5 your probably in. Why not get your team ready for that? Like I said great starting point to push forward.
Fort Frye would love to play Vinton.
Jackson would love to play FF

Would be a great game been saying that.

Personal Foul
Riding the Bench

Post by Personal Foul »

Dundas wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:27 am Vinton County’s offense was unstoppable, once the Vikings realized they belonged in this game. Meadowbrook had the best offense I have seen since the 2014 Burrow Bulldogs. The Colts run defense however, was average at best. Honestly, one of the worst we have seen this season. VC was down 28-0 early in the second quarter. Name one team that fights back from that. Meadowbrook expected to be in this game. VC will have that mindset next year. Great fight in the Vikings. Looking forward to 2022. I have a good feeling the Vikings will be hosting one next year. Congratulations to Zane Carr on setting the single season rushing record for VC (10 games) and the rest of the seniors that have continued the rise of this program. We’ll be back.
What makes you think they’ll be better next year? HVe a good JV or something? I seen they graduate 18 seniors and majority of starters

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Personal Foul wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:37 pm
Dundas wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:27 am Vinton County’s offense was unstoppable, once the Vikings realized they belonged in this game. Meadowbrook had the best offense I have seen since the 2014 Burrow Bulldogs. The Colts run defense however, was average at best. Honestly, one of the worst we have seen this season. VC was down 28-0 early in the second quarter. Name one team that fights back from that. Meadowbrook expected to be in this game. VC will have that mindset next year. Great fight in the Vikings. Looking forward to 2022. I have a good feeling the Vikings will be hosting one next year. Congratulations to Zane Carr on setting the single season rushing record for VC (10 games) and the rest of the seniors that have continued the rise of this program. We’ll be back.
What makes you think they’ll be better next year? HVe a good JV or something? I seen they graduate 18 seniors and majority of starters
Majority of the lines return and we have depth. Younger guys waiting to showcase their skills. Also, the staff will have a full off-season unlike last year. I’d imagine had they had the same amount of time as everyone else, those 3 regular season losses probably wouldn’t have happened.

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

Ironmen34 wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:02 pm The VC hate is real lol
I just don’t see the point of bashing VC’s schedule. They had their first winning season and playoff appearance in almost 20 years and were one win away from a league championship. This is just the first step in the right direction. They need to keep improving and start scheduling up as they get better and better.

Flexworth
Freshman Team

Post by Flexworth »

Dundas wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:58 pm
Majority of the lines return and we have depth. Younger guys waiting to showcase their skills. Also, the staff will have a full off-season unlike last year. I’d imagine had they had the same amount of time as everyone else, those 3 regular season losses probably wouldn’t have happened.
Not to argue, but Coach Ryan Stewart volunteered his time and kept the winter/spring workouts going all off season until Carper was hired. The kids were working out. So the off season was no different. Snd to say the 3 losses wouldn’t have occurred because they had no off season is definitely not accurate

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Flexworth wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:30 pm
Dundas wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:58 pm

Not to argue, but Coach Ryan Stewart volunteered his time and kept the winter/spring workouts going all off season until Carper was hired. The kids were working out. So the off season was no different. Snd to say the 3 losses wouldn’t have occurred because they had no off season is definitely not accurate
I wish coach Stewart would’ve stayed on staff. We wouldn’t have had 3 losses in the regular season had that happened either.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Lets face it-- Se ohio football and basketball is pretty weak--there are a few exceptions. You can only play who is in your league---kids dont want to play as much as in the past--due to a lot of reasons. It takes time to build a program.

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

Ok Vinton County fans, Where can I find the 1993 playoff game between V.C. and Ironton? I've looked online and YouTube with no success.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:22 am Ok Vinton County fans, Where can I find the 1993 playoff game between V.C. and Ironton? I've looked online and YouTube with no success.
Jack O’Rourke has it.

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Dundas wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:17 am
Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:22 am Ok Vinton County fans, Where can I find the 1993 playoff game between V.C. and Ironton? I've looked online and YouTube with no success.
Jack O’Rourke has it.
Thank you

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

The heightons in ironton have very ironton game ever! I just got copies of my junior and senior year

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

A bunch of us from Nelsonville attend this game
Straight up if Vinton county had a fg kicker they would have Beat Ironton

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

MrFirstTake wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:31 pm The heightons in ironton have very ironton game ever! I just got copies of my junior and senior year
Thanks, I appreciate it. I watched the game at portsmouth when it happened. It was a great game between 2 heavyweight teams. One of the hardest hitting games I can remember. Thought it would be interesting to watch it again after almost 30 years to see if it was as physical a game as I remember it to be.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:13 am
MrFirstTake wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:31 pm The heightons in ironton have very ironton game ever! I just got copies of my junior and senior year
Thanks, I appreciate it. I watched the game at portsmouth when it happened. It was a great game between 2 heavyweight teams. One of the hardest hitting games I can remember. Thought it would be interesting to watch it again after almost 30 years to see if it was as physical a game as I remember it to be.
I’d like to actually get copies of a lot of the older big time ironton games but I just spent 210$ Paying for my old films I think I will chill for a little bit with the old films 😂

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

MrFirstTake wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:41 am
Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:13 am
I’d like to actually get copies of a lot of the older big time ironton games but I just spent 210$ Paying for my old films I think I will chill for a little bit with the old films 😂
They are worth every penny.

Wcpo
Waterboy

Post by Wcpo »

juice72 wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:36 am The only interceptions were Lobs at the half and end of the game. VC didn't need to throw the ball because that 1980s offense pounded that 2021 suspect MC defense. yall act like VC didn't have players out as well. MC had more speed that was it other than that what do they have? 2 or 3 stops by VC and its a 1 score game.

The little muskies will have their way with the little ponies next week lol and then all the seniors will graduate and they'll be an average 5 and 5 next season. #Toldyouso

as far as leveling up out of conference games how about the little ponies bring that same energy to Vinton County next year.
Hmm. not so much. Moving on.

Riverrats
Freshman Team

Post by Riverrats »

Meadowbrook over John Glenn 28-21. Sweet 16 second year in a row.

Digger60
Waterboy

Post by Digger60 »

juice72 wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:47 pm
Digger60 wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:48 pm
juice72 wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:36 am The only interceptions were Lobs at the half and end of the game. VC didn't need to throw the ball because that 1980s offense pounded that 2021 suspect MC defense. yall act like VC didn't have players out as well. MC had more speed that was it other than that what do they have? 2 or 3 stops by VC and its a 1 score game.

The little muskies will have their way with the little ponies next week lol and then all the seniors will graduate and they'll be an average 5 and 5 next season. #Toldyouso

as far as leveling up out of conference games how about the little ponies bring that same energy to Vinton County next year.
Scoreboard…. Running Clock…. We all told you so…
Next week when the little ponies lose to the little muskies ill find you and tell you so 😉 waterboy
I can’t hear you juice boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Football”