Week 11….Jackson vs Columbus South

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Week 11….Jackson vs Columbus South

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson comes in as the #2 seed and faced some quality teams early on. Columbus South comes in at 7-3 and the #15 seed. A quick glance at the computer rankings will show you South’s average score this season was 50-12. When they faced a pretty good team, they lost….when they played a bad team they destroyed them. 5x over 60 points, 6x 54+ points and went over 70 1x. On paper they remind me of the Centennial team Jackson beat by a 1,000 2 years ago to start the playoffs. They did blow out D2 5-5 Independence which must be noted.

If Jackson plays as they have I’ll guess Jackson 42-22

It’s playoff time…..seniors on this team have been around and have as much experience as any group of Jackson seniors. Time to leave a legacy this postseason. Seniors need to get it done….not saying the underclassmen can’t have great games or make game changing plays….but the seniors need to see this one out. Tristan Prater, Drew Bragg and Evan Spires have been 4 year starters. Spires has the knee injury unfortunately but Prater is one of the most talented and most intelligent WR and CB around….and in 2 seasons has never had a punt returned. Bragg has been incredible on defense all season. These are two of the highest skilled athletes in the hallways of JHS. I expect them to get it done. Grant Mastin a 3 year monster at LB and one of our best ever….he’ll be crazy ready. Ty Jones, Caeleb McGraw, Holden Blankenship….these kids have been great Ironmen and like Bragg have been very successful in other sports as well. Jones and McGraw in the trenches, but skilled athletes and Blankenship just another natural athlete with a lot of wow ability. Karagosisn, the new guy…our X-man….what a wonderful young man. Kid gets it, kid wants it, he’s a big part of all this…he doesn’t want to be done anytime soon. Webb, Malone, Woodyard, Scheffler, Bice and Woolum….you guys all have big roles on the field when called upon and on the sideline, important roles…help get it done. These seniors as a group need to make the routine plays, the big plays and the game changing plays….and refuse to lose. Leave your legacy…Go Ironmen!

CAT22
Riding the Bench

Re: Week 11….Jackson vs Columbus South

Post by CAT22 »

I find it mind boggling that they blew out independence, because independence blew out Africentric, and Africentric beat south! Just seems like too much inconsistency in the bulldogs to put up a good fight with the Ironmen. I’ll take Jackson by 3 scores.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Fairland also beat South

22-14 in Week 6

In Columbus

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
3rd String
Freshman Team

Post by 3rd String »

LucasDavenport wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:17 pm Fairland also beat South

22-14 in Week 6

In Columbus
They competed with Fairland , which is also the same team that took Ironton into overtime. This game could be a lot closer than most would expect out of a 2 v 15 seed. Very tough region.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:44 pm Jackson comes in as the #2 seed and faced some quality teams early on. Columbus South comes in at 7-3 and the #15 seed. A quick glance at the computer rankings will show you South’s average score this season was 50-12. When they faced a pretty good team, they lost….when they played a bad team they destroyed them. 5x over 60 points, 6x 54+ points and went over 70 1x. On paper they remind me of the Centennial team Jackson beat by a 1,000 2 years ago to start the playoffs. They did blow out D2 5-5 Independence which must be noted.

It’s playoff time…..seniors on this team have been around and have as much experience as any group of Jackson seniors. Time to leave a legacy this postseason. Seniors need to get it done….not saying the underclassmen can’t have great games or make game changing plays….but the seniors need to see this one out. Tristan Prater, Drew Bragg and Evan Spires have been 4 year starters. Spires has the knee injury unfortunately but Prater is one of the most talented and most intelligent WR and CB around….and in 2 seasons has never had a punt returned. Bragg has been incredible on defense all season. These are two of the highest skilled athletes in the hallways of JHS. I expect them to get it done. Grant Mastin a 3 year monster at LB and one of our best ever….he’ll be crazy ready. Ty Jones, Caeleb McGraw, Holden Blankenship….these kids have been great Ironmen and like Bragg have been very successful in other sports as well. Jones and McGraw in the trenches, but skilled athletes and Blankenship just another natural athlete with a lot of wow ability. Karagosisn, the new guy…our X-man….what a wonderful young man. Kid gets it, kid wants it, he’s a big part of all this…he doesn’t want to be done anytime soon. Webb, Malone, Woodyard, Scheffler, Bice and Woolum….you guys all have big roles on the field when called upon and on the sideline, important roles…help get it done. These seniors as a group need to make the routine plays, the big plays and the game changing plays….and refuse to lose. Leave your legacy…Go Ironmen!
👏
Could you give a motivational speech for some Ross county teams?

JFLRADIO Big Mor
Riding the Bench

Post by JFLRADIO Big Mor »

LucasDavenport wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:17 pm Fairland also beat South

22-14 in Week 6

In Columbus
Fairland dropped 2TD passes in first half and one called back. Fairland had a chance to blow them out but played down. That is a huge problem for Fairland. Stop QB scramble and BIG TB, no other threats - Very undisciplined

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

I have seen Columbus South play. Sometimes they are disciplined and play good ball. Other times they lack motivation. You really don't know who will show up to play. They do have some good speed and cover ground well. I think if Jackson plays great on defense, they can handle them. Don't be fooled by the Columbus schools records or seeds. Those inner city schools have a tough league. It should be a good ballgame.

TheIronBoy
Waterboy

Post by TheIronBoy »

I am not quite sure that South has the horses to run with Jackson for 4 quarters. They will be fast, athletic, and strong. However, I think they will get tired as I am sure that they have lots of players playing both ways. I see this as Jackson's game to lose. We need to keep South on their toes through a mixture of runs and passes then occasionally running edge plays. If the Ironmen have any will to play this game (which I think they do) I for-see them running away with this game in the fourth quarter. Give me Jackson 31-14.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:30 am
Ironman92 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:44 pm Jackson comes in as the #2 seed and faced some quality teams early on. Columbus South comes in at 7-3 and the #15 seed. A quick glance at the computer rankings will show you South’s average score this season was 50-12. When they faced a pretty good team, they lost….when they played a bad team they destroyed them. 5x over 60 points, 6x 54+ points and went over 70 1x. On paper they remind me of the Centennial team Jackson beat by a 1,000 2 years ago to start the playoffs. They did blow out D2 5-5 Independence which must be noted.

👏
Could you give a motivational speech for some Ross county teams?
Football isn’t my game but I’ve motivated a kid or two in my days.

Dragonsbreath12
Riding the Bench

Post by Dragonsbreath12 »

The Fairland vs Columbus south can basically just be thrown out.. they played with basically one days notice, not much time to prepare for the other team.

I say Jackson wins by 2-3 scores.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Go SEO

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Ironmen by a couple scores. Good luck Jtown

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Jackson is ready….

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I’d say Jackson should win but never know what South team will show up

ironmenfan012
Waterboy

Post by ironmenfan012 »

the only threat I see columbus south giving jackson is there big tailback and qb they can both run and play with good pad level when they run the ball as long as the ironmen don't beat themselves with penalties and turnovers they should win this game by a few. I wouldn't mind seeing this team win a regional championship or even a state championship those seiners have done a lot these past 4 years they deserve to make a good playoff run. let johnson get more handoffs in the playoffs and get winters involed with his legs and his arm he played good vs Miami trace with his arm

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

ironmenfan012 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:19 am the only threat I see columbus south giving jackson is there big tailback and qb they can both run and play with good pad level when they run the ball as long as the ironmen don't beat themselves with penalties and turnovers they should win this game by a few. I wouldn't mind seeing this team win a regional championship or even a state championship those seiners have done a lot these past 4 years they deserve to make a good playoff run. let johnson get more handoffs in the playoffs and get winters involed with his legs and his arm he played good vs Miami trace with his arm
Has #5 always been at Jackson, or did he transfer in not so long ago? He's pretty good on offense and defense. Makes a lot of tackles on D I have noticed watching him play.

The RED should win this game no problem. Jackson by 30. GO RED!

IronNation95
Waterboy

Post by IronNation95 »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:38 am
ironmenfan012 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:19 am the only threat I see columbus south giving jackson is there big tailback and qb they can both run and play with good pad level when they run the ball as long as the ironmen don't beat themselves with penalties and turnovers they should win this game by a few. I wouldn't mind seeing this team win a regional championship or even a state championship those seiners have done a lot these past 4 years they deserve to make a good playoff run. let johnson get more handoffs in the playoffs and get winters involed with his legs and his arm he played good vs Miami trace with his arm
Has #5 always been at Jackson, or did he transfer in not so long ago? He's pretty good on offense and defense. Makes a lot of tackles on D I have noticed watching him play.

The RED should win this game no problem. Jackson by 30. GO RED!
Transferred in this year. Great athlete, even better young man.

IronNation95
Waterboy

Post by IronNation95 »

South has some size in places that make tough matchups. Rain could be interesting. I think Ironmen will be ready. I agree with earlier post, great group of athletic seniors. Time to show up ball out.
Last edited by IronNation95 on Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Nice to have turf as it’s going to rain and rain a lot from Thursday eve until early afternoon Friday

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

Would love to see Jackson take this and get a shot at jonathon alder

Return to “Football”