Do programs want to get better?

svac83
SE

Re: Do programs want to get better?

Post by svac83 »

Do you really think a coach takes a job that pays him maybe $5000 a year just to collect a check? any of them could pick up a part time job and in the hours they put in coaching make a lot more then $5000 a year. Do you think they want to suck? I don't think any of them want to suck. now do you ask if they have the drive from being pretty good and being a state champion? that you can question and is probably a pretty good question. But i think some of these questions need to be asked. But i don't think you can look just at coach. A lot of coaches don't get a choice of who their junior high coaches are. Most of them do not have control over their youth program. Because that is run by the community not the school. So some of these situations are community based problems not direct coaching problems.

There are some very good football programs out there that are very successful on the field competing at a very high level and our very successful with turning young men into great adults. these are programs that should be modeled. there are very few of these. There are a lot of programs that are very successful on field. Get some players recognition and scholarships. But go and look at a entire graduating class of a football team 3 or 4 or 5 years later. Some of these teams that are successful on the field have a ton of kids that haven't turned in to great adults.

They have some of their players in jail or living on streets hanging out unemployed living off government being dead beat dads or these players are drug addicts. is this all the programs fault absolutely not.

But there are programs that are moderately successful they run a winning program makes playoffs most years and win a few post season games like every other year. But look at their graduating seniors 4 or 5 years later. And even know maybe none of these kids got a scholarship you look and 50% or more of them have their college degree. All or over 90% of them have jobs and our active good responsible adults.

In today's world with all the divorce we have and kids that really don't have a good home life a football program needs to be more then a football program. So if you were to ask me if i would rather my coach win a state championship and not turn out over 90% successful results or a coach who has decent on field success but turns out great young men. i will take option 2 every time.

If you are a great parent and provide a great home life for your child and say making kids a great adult i don't need that from my coach well then i guess you can ask to be a top notch program every year. But i would think if you care about all young men and your community you would choose coach that is turning out responsible young men.

There are few that do both but a lot of times that says way more about the community then the football program. that is just my 2 cents and i am sure in some peoples eyes this means i don't care about football.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Kirtland80 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:19 pm We start ours early…and the same playbook is ran from pee wee right on up to varsity
Wheelersburg did the same back in the day; believe they still do now.

MrPerfect
Freshman Team

Post by MrPerfect »

svac83 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:20 am Do you really think a coach takes a job that pays him maybe $5000 a year just to collect a check? any of them could pick up a part time job and in the hours they put in coaching make a lot more then $5000 a year. Do you think they want to suck? I don't think any of them want to suck. now do you ask if they have the drive from being pretty good and being a state champion? that you can question and is probably a pretty good question. But i think some of these questions need to be asked. But i don't think you can look just at coach. A lot of coaches don't get a choice of who their junior high coaches are. Most of them do not have control over their youth program. Because that is run by the community not the school. So some of these situations are community based problems not direct coaching problems.

There are some very good football programs out there that are very successful on the field competing at a very high level and our very successful with turning young men into great adults. these are programs that should be modeled. there are very few of these. There are a lot of programs that are very successful on field. Get some players recognition and scholarships. But go and look at a entire graduating class of a football team 3 or 4 or 5 years later. Some of these teams that are successful on the field have a ton of kids that haven't turned in to great adults.

They have some of their players in jail or living on streets hanging out unemployed living off government being dead beat dads or these players are drug addicts. is this all the programs fault absolutely not.

But there are programs that are moderately successful they run a winning program makes playoffs most years and win a few post season games like every other year. But look at their graduating seniors 4 or 5 years later. And even know maybe none of these kids got a scholarship you look and 50% or more of them have their college degree. All or over 90% of them have jobs and our active good responsible adults.

In today's world with all the divorce we have and kids that really don't have a good home life a football program needs to be more then a football program. So if you were to ask me if i would rather my coach win a state championship and not turn out over 90% successful results or a coach who has decent on field success but turns out great young men. i will take option 2 every time.

If you are a great parent and provide a great home life for your child and say making kids a great adult i don't need that from my coach well then i guess you can ask to be a top notch program every year. But i would think if you care about all young men and your community you would choose coach that is turning out responsible young men.

There are few that do both but a lot of times that says way more about the community then the football program. that is just my 2 cents and i am sure in some peoples eyes this means i don't care about football.
I love this post and I love all sports, especially Football. Great perspective here.

WWE HALL OF FAME
Kirtland8O
Waterboy

Post by Kirtland8O »

Some programs around the state do what it takes to compete. i dont know of any in SEO.

MrPerfect
Freshman Team

Post by MrPerfect »

Kirtland8O wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:47 pm Some programs around the state do what it takes to compete. i dont know of any in SEO.
Wheelersburg and Ironton for sure!

WWE HALL OF FAME
Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

Kirtland8O wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:47 pm Some programs around the state do what it takes to compete. i dont know of any in SEO.
You’re saying you don’t know of any teams in SEO that do what it takes to compete?

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Nice name lmao

6O HORN3TS 🐝
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Kirtland80 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:06 pm
Nice name lmao
LOL, yeah I noticed that funny how people want to stir the pot and that's fine but why try to copy mimic your username. If you've got an axe to grind or comments just make up a name and go with it. You're a Kirtland poster and honestly have been very respectful and insightful at least with the post I've seen. That's just bush league on the imposters post.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

greygoose wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:57 pm
Nice name lmao
LOL, yeah I noticed that funny how people want to stir the pot and that's fine but why try to copy mimic your username. If you've got an axe to grind or comments just make up a name and go with it. You're a Kirtland poster and honestly have been very respectful and insightful at least with the post I've seen. That's just bush league on the imposters post.
Yeah I think it’s hilarious. There are 3 or 4 now. Seems they all try to bash SEO football too

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

Kirtland80 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:48 am

Nice name lmao
Yeah I think it’s hilarious. There are 3 or 4 now. Seems they all try to bash SEO football too
Man I didn’t look hard enough I thought that was you haha

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

The sport itself, if taught with intensity and a drive to be competitive, will build a foundation allowing young men to become productive adults. I’m sure “bad” people are coaches somewhere but nearly all I have spoken with prioritize creating good people thru discipline and dedication. The aspect of creating better people may often be overlooked but is also very easy and natural for most people, specifically those interested in coaching at the HS level. Teaching young people to work hard to achieve their goals is part by example and part instilled discipline, both equally important. Turning out hard working, respectful young men lays groundwork for future success. I have never heard a good coach turn to “I would rather create good people” during rough or down years. Usually the coaches with the most success in creating good people post football, are also the coaches who work tirelessly, demonstrate dedication, command respect, always mandate maximum effort, and most importantly implement consequences when players step out of line. I agree with 305, our leaders aren’t currently checking those boxes and these young people’s future success will not be positively influenced by the characteristics passed on to them. Must Be the example and cannot be tolerant of shortcomings. That creates an environment that kids are drawn toward, especially if home is lacking. Being a great team isn’t easy, teaching values to teenagers however should be easy to responsible adults.

RJShifko
Riding the Bench

Post by RJShifko »

Biggest issue has been addressed dudes coaching pee wee football not teaching the kids the game. The guys coaching at the level who think they know football because they played for the school and started or never played or never researched the game are failing the kids they are asked to lead. Many guys think football is this barbaric game of anger and hitting never teaching kids how to line up and identify the defensive front and depth of secondary to identify coverages or they aren’t teaching kids to read keys on defense instead they want to teach line up and hit. We need more programs teaching kids early on the concepts. Run the basics how to block- tackle- catch- throw and then master the next level kids are being cheated by too many guys who don’t know anything trying to teach.
Sadly many coaches at the high school level have to fill out staffs with stiffs who don’t know much about the game either and kids fall out of love with the best game. I love football always have and I have been blessed to be around many others who feel the same way and spend time giving back to the game that has given so much to them

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Nice name lmao
Yep, I was looking closely and seen it didn't make sense then I didn't see the Hornet off to the right. They try to fire ppl up on the site as they try to bash SEO football

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Ironmen34 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:09 am

Nope. There are 3 or 4 that are like mine

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

Kirtland80 wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:51 am

Probably the same guy that’s always changing accounts trashing SEO football

Paper Tigers

Post by Paper Tigers »

Ironmen34 wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:10 pm

How come seo football struggles in playoffs? And title games? But NEO doesn't?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

RJShifko wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:42 pm Biggest issue has been addressed dudes coaching pee wee football not teaching the kids the game. The guys coaching at the level who think they know football because they played for the school and started or never played or never researched the game are failing the kids they are asked to lead. Many guys think football is this barbaric game of anger and hitting never teaching kids how to line up and identify the defensive front and depth of secondary to identify coverages or they aren’t teaching kids to read keys on defense instead they want to teach line up and hit. We need more programs teaching kids early on the concepts. Run the basics how to block- tackle- catch- throw and then master the next level kids are being cheated by too many guys who don’t know anything trying to teach.
Sadly many coaches at the high school level have to fill out staffs with stiffs who don’t know much about the game either and kids fall out of love with the best game. I love football always have and I have been blessed to be around many others who feel the same way and spend time giving back to the game that has given so much to them
MAC schools don't even have Pee-Wee football yet they have many many many state titles. Youth football should be about having fun.

Southeastern Ohio is economically and geographically disadvantaged compared to the areas of the state that win consistently in the state tournament across the board.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

I'd say some of the bigger issues are lack of depth and talent. Kids have more options than they did decades ago and it kills depth in the smaller schools. Some don't want to do the 24/7 365 thing. In other words, the talent pool is watered-down and diminished because we have become lazy. It's better to play video games in the aircon vs rolling in the grass for twoadays in Aug.

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

Paper Tigers wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:15 pm
Ironmen34 wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:10 pm

How come seo football struggles in playoffs? And title games? But NEO doesn't?
It’s good to hear from you again BigGameSpeedyChillidog

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Some of it is regional, even in our state.

Return to “Football”