Harvest Prep 54 Northwest 7 2021 Playoffs

formerfcfan
SEOP

Re: Playoffs: Northwest @ Harvest Prep

Post by formerfcfan »

Calbear wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:31 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:23 am
Calbear wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:22 pm

This is AC’s game to lose. All the expectations are on HP even though AC is playing with a phenomenal senior class. If the coach would actually let them play they would probably have only lost two games in a schedule where almost every school was way bigger than them. HP will be lucky to keep up with the AC team speed if they are allowed to use it!
To quote Judas Priest, AC has "got another thing coming" with HP. They simply do not match up well. Maybe if the Aces were in power football with dominant blocking could they pull the upset, but their offense is not going to get much going on Saturday running out of the spread. HP defense is way faster than BC's. BC might (operative word, "might") have some more fundamental strengths as a unit but HP is going to close in and swarm hard to the ball. They're very well-coached, like BC. Zone-running isn't going to get AC diddly on Prep.

I would love to be wrong, because I'm always happy to see the Aces do well. But there is absolutely no serious chance they are going to out-athlete HP. No one serious who has watched both teams play, and understands how the two programs play, would agree with your bravado.
A-C has more and depth than HP. That’s just a fact. HP’s numbers aren’t good whereas A-C has a ton of seniors who have played football their entire lives. This isn’t bravado; this is confidence in the strength of one program versus a program that hasn’t proven anything at this higher division
I hope you didn't mean to say Amanda has more speed than HP, because it's simply not true.

HP's speed is real. You guys aren't playing Independence from a few years ago. HP does a lot of the little things right; they play cogently, fundamentally and with lots of preparation. They hit the weight room well, also. If you guys were playing one of Jack Johnson's HP teams from earlier in the decade I'd pick AC, but not against the current HP and their staff.

Depth advantage? OK. Perhaps. Let's say AC does have more depth. That would certainly play into Amanda's favor if, if, if HP was poorly-conditioned. I've yet to see that with any HP team under the current regime. I just see that purported advantage as neutralized.

Daulton's a good coach -- I don't entirely agree/disagree with the comments on him w/r/t preparation, planning and motivation. The loss to St. Charles is a head-scratcher. FU would be the same boat. Teays and BC? I don't see how either is on him, TBH. The reality is there will continue to be a low-ceiling for them in the Buckeye being the second-smallest school in the league (was smallest until LU came back.) Amanda is more capable of playing with teams in today's age of football under his direction than they were before he came to the twin-townships over from Berne. Absent massive lines with big backs and the numbers up to where you can single-platoon on Defense -- being able to have all three of those things, and do it -- there is a limitation on what Amanda can achieve in the Buckeye. Playoff wise they can compete in the region, but HP is just a bad draw for them.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

formerfcfan wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:37 pm
To quote Judas Priest, AC has "got another thing coming" with HP. They simply do not match up well. Maybe if the Aces were in power football with dominant blocking could they pull the upset, but their offense is not going to get much going on Saturday running out of the spread. HP defense is way faster than BC's. BC might (operative word, "might") have some more fundamental strengths as a unit but HP is going to close in and swarm hard to the ball. They're very well-coached, like BC. Zone-running isn't going to get AC diddly on Prep.

I would love to be wrong, because I'm always happy to see the Aces do well. But there is absolutely no serious chance they are going to out-athlete HP. No one serious who has watched both teams play, and understands how the two programs play, would agree with your bravado.
A-C has more and depth than HP. That’s just a fact. HP’s numbers aren’t good whereas A-C has a ton of seniors who have played football their entire lives. This isn’t bravado; this is confidence in the strength of one program versus a program that hasn’t proven anything at this higher division
I hope you didn't mean to say Amanda has more speed than HP, because it's simply not true.

HP's speed is real. You guys aren't playing Independence from a few years ago. HP does a lot of the little things right; they play cogently, fundamentally and with lots of preparation. They hit the weight room well, also. If you guys were playing one of Jack Johnson's HP teams from earlier in the decade I'd pick AC, but not against the current HP and their staff.

Depth advantage? OK. Perhaps. Let's say AC does have more depth. That would certainly play into Amanda's favor if, if, if HP was poorly-conditioned. I've yet to see that with any HP team under the current regime. I just see that purported advantage as neutralized.

Daulton's a good coach -- I don't entirely agree/disagree with the comments on him w/r/t preparation, planning and motivation. The loss to St. Charles is a head-scratcher. FU would be the same boat. Teays and BC? I don't see how either is on him, TBH. The reality is there will continue to be a low-ceiling for them in the Buckeye being the second-smallest school in the league (was smallest until LU came back.) Amanda is more capable of playing with teams in today's age of football under his direction than they were before he came to the twin-townships over from Berne. Absent massive lines with big backs and the numbers up to where you can single-platoon on Defense -- being able to have all three of those things, and do it -- there is a limitation on what Amanda can achieve in the Buckeye. Playoff wise they can compete in the region, but HP is just a bad draw for them.
St. Charles was a bad matchup for Amanda because they had a lot more size in the trenches. Amanda's defense was able to keep it in the game, but the offense really struggled. Fairfield Union, I think Amanda thought they had that game won beforehand and was made to pay for it. That loss hurts, because instead of going to Prep this week, Amanda would be going to Piketon and have a much more winnable game.

Amanda does have good athletes on the perimeter, perhaps some of the best its had in the last 15 years. I don't know how well they will matchup with the athletes that Prep has. This is a team that lost to Hartley by a touchdown. I would also be concerned with Amanda's ability to be able and run the football, which has been inconsistent this season. It comes down to controlling the LOS, and Amanda has not done that in its four losses.

As for Coach Daulton, he's regarded across the league as a solid coach and has done a nice job at Amanda so far.

Good luck to the Aces on Saturday night. I hope they do pull the upset.

Calbear
Waterboy

Post by Calbear »

HP is real dominating. Losing to AC 10-6 at half. Guess their “real” speed is fake news.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Calbear wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:29 pm

HP is real dominating. Losing to AC 10-6 at half. Guess their “real” speed is fake news.
¿Que?

TheLurker
Waterboy

Post by TheLurker »

This post didn't age well. 🤣🤣🤣

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Next time play a full game before hopping on here man, the only real news was a game last 4 quarters, let AC know that next time.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Solid effort by Amanda in a 21-10 loss to Harvest Prep. Good group of young men. Can't wait to see what they do in baseball this spring.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

bman wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:44 pm Solid effort by Amanda in a 21-10 loss to Harvest Prep. Good group of young men. Can't wait to see what they do in baseball this spring.
Baseball team has a lot of potential. Bring back 8/9 starters; top 3 arms.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

greygoose wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:49 pm

Next time play a full game before hopping on here man, the only real news was a game last 4 quarters, let AC know that next time.
What goose said

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
bman
SEO

Post by bman »

formerfcfan wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:08 am
bman wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:44 pm Solid effort by Amanda in a 21-10 loss to Harvest Prep. Good group of young men. Can't wait to see what they do in baseball this spring.
Agree, it hurt them when they lost Young (Catcher) for part of the season but when they got him back they made a run to the district final and almost won it. I know a number of the boys have been working hard and honestly baseball is probably the best sport for a majority of them.

MSL-Buckeye should be pretty strong with Bloom-Carroll, Liberty Union, Amanda, Circleville has a lot of young talent and on down the line. Going to be a fun spring, especially if we can get some beautiful weather.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

bman wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:09 am
formerfcfan wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:08 am
Agree, it hurt them when they lost Young (Catcher) for part of the season but when they got him back they made a run to the district final and almost won it. I know a number of the boys have been working hard and honestly baseball is probably the best sport for a majority of them.

MSL-Buckeye should be pretty strong with Bloom-Carroll, Liberty Union, Amanda, Circleville has a lot of young talent and on down the line. Going to be a fun spring, especially if we can get some beautiful weather.
I heard about the injury. Still makes me shiver. Tough kid. Backup catcher was actually decent.

Return to “Football”