Re: Playoffs: Gallia Academy @ Heath

Post by Kicker. »

Heath by a couple

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

to be honest with you most of this year i thought heath was really just a product of a week schedule then they put up 60 on a decent northridge team then beat newark catholic and handled business in there season finale they seem to really be in a groove. But to be honest with you out of the 8 host teams this might be the team that i would think be the biggest questions.

I think not playing football for a month really took the sails off the team and the interest in the team

Rvfan
Freshman Team

Post by Rvfan »

I'm going with Heath by a bunch.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Yeah, I think Heath walks away with this one.

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

I agree with 83 assessment of the matchups, Heath being a better draw than most of the other top teams. Not saying tonight will be the night they get upset but stranger things have happened.

As far as the game interest.... I haven’t seen a drop in effort from the team so I think the off time hurt their progress, along with key injuries, but I don’t think their effort has been affected. As for the fan base, or lack of, wind has been leaving the sails so to speak for at least a couple of seasons, this season being the breaking point for several lifelong fans I have spoken with. Hopefully this off season changes are made to correct certain issues that I won’t go into. Lack of discipline examples have been given all season on here and they are real. Third consecutive year and this season very obvious that our younger impressionable players have seen upperclassmen disrespect themselves, the game, officials, coaches, and opponents. Has become a “tradition”. This has to be addressed and corrected. Biggest and most consistent concern I have heard from generational fans. Many in our area bleed Blue and will still be supportive but the desire to spend Friday’s watching a team with discipline issues that are easily fixable go unaddressed and continue to worsen. Amidst other concerns that don’t add up considering our win loss record in recent years. 3-4 years from now we will see the full effect.

MR305
Freshman Team

Post by MR305 »

JChipwood wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:42 am I agree with 83 assessment of the matchups, Heath being a better draw than most of the other top teams. Not saying tonight will be the night they get upset but stranger things have happened.

As far as the game interest.... I haven’t seen a drop in effort from the team so I think the off time hurt their progress, along with key injuries, but I don’t think their effort has been affected. As for the fan base, or lack of, wind has been leaving the sails so to speak for at least a couple of seasons, this season being the breaking point for several lifelong fans I have spoken with. Hopefully this off season changes are made to correct certain issues that I won’t go into. Lack of discipline examples have been given all season on here and they are real. Third consecutive year and this season very obvious that our younger impressionable players have seen upperclassmen disrespect themselves, the game, officials, coaches, and opponents. Has become a “tradition”. This has to be addressed and corrected. Biggest and most consistent concern I have heard from generational fans. Many in our area bleed Blue and will still be supportive but the desire to spend Friday’s watching a team with discipline issues that are easily fixable go unaddressed and continue to worsen. Amidst other concerns that don’t add up considering our win loss record in recent years. 3-4 years from now we will see the full effect.

I totally agree with you on everything said. I definitely think you will see some significant changes in the off-season. BTW, I think this game will be close as long as we don’t try and pass every down. We did that at point and we found ourself in 2nd and 3rd and long. Shorten the game and play ball control and limit stupid penalties that we have almost every game with our special teams. I have faith in the players.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Kids running their mouths should be easily fixed everyone is 100% in agreement with that and this has been a problem at Gallia academy for probably 15 years. I have friends that our officials and it is well known are kids run their mouths. I am not saying refs are biased but our kids get zero percent benefit of the doubt when it comes to opening our mouths.

The only times it hasn’t been a problem is when captains leaders of the team would not allow it. Look at 2011 and 2012 and 2017 and 2018. If a kid started running his mouth one of his teammates was ready to tear his head off.

You can blame coaching but when daddy and mommy set in the stands and act like a jerk. Good chance son his going to act that way also. I set by two different groups of parents at two different games and at each game their son got a penalty for running their mouth and the parent said give them hell boy and laughed. When another unsportsmanlike came in for another kid they yelled at the coach for doing nothing.

If parents really cared they could take care of this problem in a heart beat at home. The same way I took care of it with mine. My son knew if he ran his mouth and the coach didn’t pull him from game that I would let coach know he wasn’t participating in the next game.

My kid ran his mouth with anyone but not during a game because he knew better

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I just wish the blue devils the best hope they have a great playoff expereience

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Good luck to the boys in blue

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Anyone going to post some details about the game? Maybe gallia can get another game next week.....

Blue/92
Riding the Bench

Post by Blue/92 »

superblue wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:08 am Anyone going to post some details about the game? Maybe gallia can get another game next week.....
Maybe they can get a game with RV since they are playing at their level now.

Another guy
Waterboy

Post by Another guy »

Fun fact if gallia would’ve played agains RV wouldn’t have been close. Not the players or coaches fault injuries happen.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Gallia looking for a new Coach !!! O my 83 .

Return to “Football”