Logan Football League Talk

teach1coach2
All State

Re: Can we get a league to take Logan?

Post by teach1coach2 »

Licking County League has 11 members and divisions of 5 and 6 teams. I think Logan should approach them and try to get a football agreement. Not a league member. Just an agreement to play LCL bye teams weeks 4-10. If it goes well, it might set up a league membership down the road.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

teach1coach2 wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:54 pm Licking County League has 11 members and divisions of 5 and 6 teams. I think Logan should approach them and try to get a football agreement. Not a league member. Just an agreement to play LCL bye teams weeks 4-10. If it goes well, it might set up a league membership down the road.
At this point I’d try anything!

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Dexter Morgan
Riding the Bench

Post by Dexter Morgan »

Fort Frye, Marietta, Point Pleasant, Ripley and Warren met last week to form a new conference. They are actively seeking a 6th school since both Parkersburg schools declined the invitation.

blackshooky
All Conference

Post by blackshooky »

Dexter Morgan wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:38 pm Fort Frye, Marietta, Point Pleasant, Ripley and Warren met last week to form a new conference. They are actively seeking a 6th school since both Parkersburg schools declined the invitation.
[/quo

the parkersburg schools probably thought they were to good to join :roll:

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I was told The Burg schools are locked into certain conferences a few years ago when people were talking about then coming to an Ohio league, which was keeping them from joining. Don't know if that is the case now or ever really was.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

Dexter Morgan wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:38 pm Fort Frye, Marietta, Point Pleasant, Ripley and Warren met last week to form a new conference. They are actively seeking a 6th school since both Parkersburg schools declined the invitation.
Very interesting. I really hope this works out for the students' sake. The athletes at these schools deserve the opportunity to compete in a league. As for Logan, it would be a lot of long trips, but it would certainly be better than nothing. I think they would fit right in competitively.

Also have to laugh at the Parkersburg schools declining. I'm sure they see themselves as above these schools, which is funny because neither have been relevant in quite some time.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Don’t hate this at all. Similar school sizes with Fort Frye being able to compete because they punch above their weight competitively in pretty much all major sports. Much better than nothing. Longest trip would be Point at an hour and 15 minutes.

wch125
All State

Post by wch125 »

Hope Logan is able to find a league . Sad situation for the student athletes hopefully sometime soon a league is found .

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

noreply66 wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:16 pm I was told The Burg schools are locked into certain conferences a few years ago when people were talking about then coming to an Ohio league, which was keeping them from joining. Don't know if that is the case now or ever really was.
As far as I know, Parkersburg is in the MSAC but South is only in the OVAC.

From what I remember, the MSAC has like a 4-year notice requirement to leave and if you don’t give that notice, none of the other schools are allowed to schedule you for 4 years. That can kill a AAA school in WV because for as small as the field is, there’s still a scheduling requirement to make the playoffs (you have to play a minimum of 6 games against schools in your equivalent class or higher). That requirement could also be a factor for South, who is AAA, though I think Ripley is also AAA.

Parkersburg had asked for approval to leave the MSAC back in 2015 along with a few other schools. Not sure exactly what happened because they are still there apparently, Princeton is listed as “left without proper notice” so I’m gathering the league voted to NOT let them leave and Princeton left anyway. Ripley just left in 2017.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

The only chance for Logan to get into a Seo conference is if they can get Warren, Marietta, Jackson and one more school to join. (Athens would make the most sense travel wise, fort Frye seems to think they won’t ever come down from their perch, Gallia, probably won’t leave the OVC, Point Pleasant possibly.

Vegeta
Riding the Bench

Post by Vegeta »

beg003 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:42 am
Don’t hate this at all. Similar school sizes with Fort Frye being able to compete because they punch above their weight competitively in pretty much all major sports. Much better than nothing. Longest trip would be Point at an hour and 15 minutes.
Fort Frye is good right now. I will give them credit where it's due. This league would be a nightmare for them though when the streak of good athletes walking the halls expires and it will. Some people in Beverly need to look toward the future and not just the here and now.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Vegeta wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:23 pm
Fort Frye is good right now. I will give them credit where it's due. This league would be a nightmare for them though when the streak of good athletes walking the halls expires and it will. Some people in Beverly need to look toward the future and not just the here and now.
You can’t have that opinion and not get crucified. Fort will be a power forever.

Vegeta
Riding the Bench

Post by Vegeta »

Dundas wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:51 pm The only chance for Logan to get into a Seo conference is if they can get Warren, Marietta, Jackson and one more school to join. (Athens would make the most sense travel wise, fort Frye seems to think they won’t ever come down from their perch, Gallia, probably won’t leave the OVC, Point Pleasant possibly.
Logan's days as a member of any southeastern Ohio conference are over. Their future lies with schools like Teays Valley, Hamilton Township, Canal Winchester etc.
Gallia and Jackson seem to both be happy where they are at. I doubt there is anything that could lure either one away from their current leagues.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Vegeta wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:44 pm
Dundas wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:51 pm The only chance for Logan to get into a Seo conference is if they can get Warren, Marietta, Jackson and one more school to join. (Athens would make the most sense travel wise, fort Frye seems to think they won’t ever come down from their perch, Gallia, probably won’t leave the OVC, Point Pleasant possibly.
Logan's days as a member of any southeastern Ohio conference are over. Their future lies with schools like Teays Valley, Hamilton Township, Canal Winchester etc.
Gallia and Jackson seem to both be happy where they are at. I doubt there is anything that could lure either one away from their current leagues.
Every conference game except one is over an hour for Jackson. I don’t see the FAC as a long term fix for the ironmen. Gallia may be happy. But I bet if Logan, Warren, Marietta and one other close school asked Jackson, they would entertain the offer.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

On down the road the state will pick what conference you will be in. They will pick the mileage, schools, size of the conferences. They will pick a town to be the center and 1 hour driving time will be the limit N,S,E,W No one school will be more than 3 divisions bigger than the others. An x congressman told me this a few month ago and has been talked about for sometime. They even mentioned the increase of going to 16 in the play offs was one of the beginnings of this. Very possible there will be less Divisions. They live in the Fairfield cty area and because I live in Logan they used Logan has a center school and they gave me an eight school conference of Logan, Athens, Vinton Cty, Fairfield Union New Lex, Logan Elm, Circleville, Bloom Carroll. A school will be allowed to pick two school to make a 10 game schedule and it can be out of the 1 hour drive, but not more than 90 minutes. Now they could have been feeding me a line, but it was something they came right out and said with out reading from notes. They put this out without any struggle so I sort of figured they might be something to it?????? Conference that might be smaller than eight teams would be were it is hard to get eight schools in the one hour drive and not be out of the three division limit. I took fast notes so I know I missed a lot. They also said there is plenty of talk out there about this and if you haven't heard much about it, it is because it is being kept to themselves. They visit this site so they will probably see the response, plus they didn't say I couldn't talk about it.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

It's a community thing. Why do you think Waterford and Fort Frye have been so successful in so many sports in both boys and girls? Our families and students buy into working hard and putting in the time at a young age. It doesn't start in the 9th grade but in 3rd or 4th. You act like we are lucky getting athletes. Both schools have helped make and mold these athletes and it's not stopping soon. What you should be asking is when will schools like Marietta, Logan, or Ripley start getting athletes

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

noreply66 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:55 pm On down the road the state will pick what conference you will be in. They will pick the mileage, schools, size of the conferences. They will pick a town to be the center and 1 hour driving time will be the limit N,S,E,W No one school will be more than 3 divisions bigger than the others. An x congressman told me this a few month ago and has been talked about for sometime. They even mentioned the increase of going to 16 in the play offs was one of the beginnings of this. Very possible there will be less Divisions. They live in the Fairfield cty area and because I live in Logan they used Logan has a center school and they gave me an eight school conference of Logan, Athens, Vinton Cty, Fairfield Union New Lex, Logan Elm, Circleville, Bloom Carroll. A school will be allowed to pick two school to make a 10 game schedule and it can be out of the 1 hour drive, but not more than 90 minutes. Now they could have been feeding me a line, but it was something they came right out and said with out reading from notes. They put this out without any struggle so I sort of figured they might be something to it?????? Conference that might be smaller than eight teams would be were it is hard to get eight schools in the one hour drive and not be out of the three division limit. I took fast notes so I know I missed a lot. They also said there is plenty of talk out there about this and if you haven't heard much about it, it is because it is being kept to themselves. They visit this site so they will probably see the response, plus they didn't say I couldn't talk about it.
Basically they described regions. I hope that doesn’t happen. Would be terrible for high school sports. I’d imagine you would see a situation where schools would just pull out from the OHSAA.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

I was talking more in general terms. Their basketball and baseball teams are always solid. But, I do understand what you’re saying.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Ff3233 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:59 pm
It's a community thing. Why do you think Waterford and Fort Frye have been so successful in so many sports in both boys and girls? Our families and students buy into working hard and putting in the time at a young age. It doesn't start in the 9th grade but in 3rd or 4th. You act like we are lucky getting athletes. Both schools have helped make and mold these athletes and it's not stopping soon. What you should be asking is when will schools like Marietta, Logan, or Ripley start getting athletes
Having played against FF and Waterford my entire life, I truly understand what you’re saying. The community support is outstanding. However, making runs like that across multiple sports at the small school level is a good bit easier, especially where we live, than even at the mid-size school level. The talent pool as a whole, at small schools in general, is less than the bigger schools. So, when schools like Waterford and FF have historic runs of talent, they dominate those sports. Not debating their success at all, it speaks for itself, but to demean bigger schools for not doing the same isn’t necessarily fair due to the increased amount of talent and numbers.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

beg003 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:08 pm
Ff3233 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:59 pm

Having played against FF and Waterford my entire life, I truly understand what you’re saying. The community support is outstanding. However, making runs like that across multiple sports at the small school level is a good bit easier, especially where we live, than even at the mid-size school level. The talent pool as a whole, at small schools in general, is less than the bigger schools. Not debating their success at all, it speaks for itself, but to demean bigger schools for not doing the same isn’t necessarily fair due to the increased amount of talent and numbers.
Not demeaning anyone. I'm saying why do others think our talent pool will eventually run out? Why are they not questioning the present and future talent pool of the bigger schools? And if the talent pool is larger then why are these bigger schools so bad? Just trying to get people to realize that talent and size of school can be somewhat overcome by work ethic and commitment

Return to “Football”