Playoff attendance

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Re: Playoff attendance

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

JohnBlaze33 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:19 pm
LetsBeReal wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:26 am
TigerBob wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:05 pm In all seriousness - can someone explain why online tickets are such a drawback? The expense is dumb, no doubt, but online tickets are so much easier. Don’t have to worry about a line at stadium or running by school week of game to get them. Don’t have to worry about forgetting them at home. Seems much easier to me.
One thing for sure that stopped me was the extra 2 dollar charge for it being game day vs Thursday ticket prices. More of a money grab.
I refuse to support that organization that hoards cash from the schools. $5vs$12 is a lot of money when buying more than one ticket to support another school in the area. Also getting service at some schools and getting everything to work standing at the gate for the casual fan would be irritating.

This money grab is not only taking ticket revenue but affects concession revenue. Split the pot and all kinds of other sales.
I have no problem paying a visiting school an extra dollar or two to help pay for parking or turf or a of that nature.

Couldn’t care less to make Ohsaa executive staff rich from greed.

Screw that.
If you buy the ticket you can still support the kids by going and spending the difference at concessions BUT ik how you seo folks are. Terrified of change. Rather whine & complain.

12 bucks is a problem? 😂😂

If thats the case maybe your region has more important things to consider instead of high school football. Smh

Yeah, I'll spend $50 so the school can make $2 off of me at the concession stand. That makes a lot of sense.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

JohnBlaze33 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:58 am
biggdowgg wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:29 pm 12 bucks is definitely a problem for me to attend all the games I used to attend, I have no problem paying to watch my team play but my group of 3 to 4 would take in a game every Friday and Saturday and even after my team was out ,now you figure in 24 bucks a weekend then gas at 900.00 a gallon and a fat boy has to eat well you see where im going not to mention ive not worked for 3 months because of open heart surgery...well say what you want im not paying and still would not pay it under normal circumstances.
Then you need to handle your business if 50 bucks is a big deal.

Gotha ✔
Last edited by biggdowgg on Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

I think numbers will be up more this weekend, just due to it not raining. Yes it will be cold, but I bet Friday’s games will see a decent increase in fans compared to last week for schools in our area.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

MasterOfNone wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:46 pm I think numbers will be up more this weekend, just due to it not raining. Yes it will be cold, but I bet Friday’s games will see a decent increase in fans compared to last week for schools in our area.
Numbers should also be up this weekend because a lot of people didnt view last week as real playoff games, for them playoffs are just now starting. Price and taking money away from schools will hurt attendance but people are still going to watch their teams play. Like others have mentioned the real drop will be from those who usually watch as many games as they can.

NinjaSchoolDropout
Waterboy

Post by NinjaSchoolDropout »

Hey blaze obviously the ticket prices and ordering them online is a problem for some older people who aren’t a technology genius like yourself. And the 12$ a game when they try to go to catch a couple a weekend to someone on a fixed income would be more than it was previous years. Some people don’t have the financial foresight that you do or the side hussle of selling some stuff on the corner. I mean I’m really glad that you are on here to give everyone such wisdom! Thanks

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

I disagree with the attendance being up this weekend, especially if games are allowed to be streamed!!!

Why would I drive 3 hours away, spend close to $100 when I can watch it in the comfort of my home for free??? Pretty much a no-brainer to me.

I don't understand the logic of still making teams travel to home locations instead of splitting the distance down the middle and playing on a neutral field

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

As for the payout to schools, you are way off if you believe it’s a couple hundred dollars. Last week a half a million dollars went back to the host schools. A far cry from your beliefs of a couple/few hundred dollars.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

For everyone complaining, I do not think most of you know how much an extra home football game concession stand take is for a booster club trying to support sports that do not bring in much (if any) concession stand income. I promise you the tennis and golf teams at hosting schools will be better off next spring and fall because of it.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Crab's Brother wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:34 am For everyone complaining, I do not think most of you know how much an extra home football game concession stand take is for a booster club trying to support sports that do not bring in much (if any) concession stand income. I promise you the tennis and golf teams at hosting schools will be better off next spring and fall because of it.
Yes, this is something that is lost on a lot yes this is a football forum however the schools that are in this league or that league, and the money needed to help contribute to all of the other sports. Guessing basketball is the only other sport that brings in enough concessions to help pay for their own expenses.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

JohnBlaze33 where do you live and how old are you?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

JohnBlaze33 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:14 pm
MTSWNGRVSG wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:59 pm JohnBlaze33 where do you live and how old are you?
Well, I tell ya what, would my age and geography change anything I have said from true to false?

I am 40 yrs old. I live on the east coast now. Have for years and years. But I was born and spent my childhood years in seo. I know exactly who they are and what I'm talking about. I have observed it for decades. Nobody calls it out because the seo bubble shields them from honesty, and Im not trying to be an ass either BUT truly its the most passive aggressive persona I have ever endured. One minute seo is world beaters but modernize a narrative and they switch to the poor us narrative. Its like a tennis match between phony bravado and apathy and it makes ya neck sore and ya head dizzy.
:lol: :lol: :lol: you live on the east coast and spend all day on here talking about Ironton...oh it's so much worse than I thought.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

JohnBlaze33 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:30 pm
greygoose wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:28 pm

Well, I tell ya what, would my age and geography change anything I have said from true to false?

I am 40 yrs old. I live on the east coast now. Have for years and years. But I was born and spent my childhood years in seo. I know exactly who they are and what I'm talking about. I have observed it for decades. Nobody calls it out because the seo bubble shields them from honesty, and Im not trying to be an ass either BUT truly its the most passive aggressive persona I have ever endured. One minute seo is world beaters but modernize a narrative and they switch to the poor us narrative. Its like a tennis match between phony bravado and apathy and it makes ya neck sore and ya head dizzy.
:lol: :lol: :lol: you live on the east coast and spend all day on here talking about Ironton...oh it's so much worse than I thought.

I'm a sucker for the low hanging fruit I guess. 😂
Oh you're definitely a sucker....but we're going to work it out.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

JohnBlaze33 there is some truth in what you say but you are not as correct as you think. The infer structure in some areas is not much better than it was 20 to 30 years ago. Believe it or not the district I retired from has a lot of homes that do not have access to the internet. This fact was brought to the forefront when on line learning came about do to the pandemic. My son can only live in two areas of the county which he lives because he needs reliable high speed internet for his job as an IT manager, example he thought about buying his grandparents farm but to have had high speed internet he would have had went with satellite and it is over priced and not mere as good as what he has where he lives no. $12 is a lot for a family to pay to watch a first round high school football game, yea I could do it but is is going to have to be potentially good game and a nice evening anymore for mento travel when I can watch so many games on line for free,or only pay $10 to watch a high leve playoff game on line, Do I expect you to understand of course not!
Last edited by MTSWNGRVSG on Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

JohnBlaze33 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:35 pm
greygoose wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:33 pm
JohnBlaze33 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:30 pm

I'm a sucker for the low hanging fruit I guess. 😂
Oh you're definitely a sucker....but we're going to work it out.

I mean I guess seo could maybe "ya'll" me to death. Idk. Lol
Still using ya'll on the east coast?? At this point I'm thinking infatuation with the SEO, people and teams. We're breaking down walls now

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

JohnBlaze33 I did not fail my son, he chose to live where he does. He has had opportunities to go to the city and make 6 digits! Truth is the politics have failed SE Ohio because there simply are not enough votes here. I was right you are completely set in what you think and as one guy stated you have an ax to grind. By the way I did not grow up in SE Ohio but chose to live here and have been here 41 + years and do not regret it. By the way I had the opportunity to leave and go to one of the rich suburban schools. It was one of these small rural Southeastern Ohio communities that put me in an HOF. GOOD BYE!

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

greygoose wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:28 pm
MTSWNGRVSG wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:59 pm JohnBlaze33 where do you live and how old are you?

Man cut it out 🤣🤣🤣🤣 the east coast buddy is probably 5-5 350 pounds living at home in his sisters basement “the east coast” what he meant to say is there is a penn station east coast subs he lives close to that and is a frequent visitor that’s what east coast he is referring too 😆 and can you stop quoting him so I don’t have to see this garbage
Last edited by MrFirstTake on Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

+1

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:20 pm
Coming from the guy who complains about the price of programs and not getting in free. News flash, attendance has declined since 2000, long before online ticketing and higher ticket cost. Ticket cost have come down this year. Last week alone the OHSAA gave out $500k to member schools to host. But that does not fit the narrative

And a big part of the decline has been putting games on TV, which does not recoup what is lost at the box office. But you know what the uproar would be if the TV contract was gone! And most states do not have TV contracts for their finals.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I stated facts and did not complain. But stick with your story it must make you feel much better and in reading some of your post I can tell you need it.

Return to “Football”