Playoff attendance

Crab's Brother
SEO

Re: Playoff attendance

Post by Crab's Brother »

piratepride86 wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:10 pm Buying online sucks and probably keeps a lot away
It is actually a helluva lot easier than trying to get to the school during school hours to buy presale. At least IMO.

It took about 30 seconds to buy my tickets the other night.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

I'm curious if the attendance doesn't start picking up some now, outside of fans of those teams the setup of 1-16 is going to keep a lot of ppl away. Plus with so many from one region it's going to cut down on the ability of other players and coaches going to local games if they didn't make the playoffs. This is the weekend that will really give us a good gauge, some really nice matchups this weekend.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Very good crowd at Waverly tonight for the Jackson Western Brown game. Not many seats to be had.
Last edited by smurray on Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

smurray wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:05 pm Very good crowd at Waverly tonight for the Jackson Western Bruin game. Not many seats to be had.
I was sitting on the WB side there was plenty of seats around the area I was at, now the home side looked to be about 90% capacity or so.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Crab's Brother wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:31 am
piratepride86 wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:10 pm Buying online sucks and probably keeps a lot away
It is actually a helluva lot easier than trying to get to the school during school hours to buy presale. At least IMO.

My favorite complaint is that folks who can use the internet to complain about ordering tickets online being difficult.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

danicalifornia wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:04 am

My favorite complaint is that folks who can use the internet to complain about ordering tickets online being difficult.
Given the number of ppl there I thought it made the lines move much faster. I got there about 6:20 so right at the high volume time and waited about 10 seconds to get in.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Bingo

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

Wasn't a problem tonight @ Portsmouth Coliseum! It was nice to see an atmosphere like that there, been awhile.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

OHSSA cleaned up on this attendance tonight

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:56 pm Wasn't a problem tonight @ Portsmouth Coliseum! It was nice to see an atmosphere like that there, been awhile.
I was on the hill by the scoreboard and I will say Irontfans barely ever cheered really you could hear Burg fans even when they were Down 14-3

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

LucasDavenport wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:21 am

Bingo

Lot of people don't like to put their credit card information online. With the way hackers can build a website to look like the real site you never know these days.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

MrFirstTake wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:03 am
SciotoCfootball wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:56 pm Wasn't a problem tonight @ Portsmouth Coliseum! It was nice to see an atmosphere like that there, been awhile.
I was on the hill by the scoreboard and I will say Irontfans barely ever cheered really you could hear Burg fans even when they were Down 14-3
I sorta noticed that myself. Maybe some Ironton fans are starting to get a little too cocky with their expectations, like others have mentioned on here. With their quick turn around the past few years, back to back state title appearances, and D1 recruits I could see some fans being quick to set their bar so high.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:12 am

Bingo

Lot of people don't like to put their credit card information online. With the way hackers can build a website to look like the real site you never know these days.
The OHSAA is a safe site.

As safe as anything else.

The people who don’t like to use their credit card online … can’t help them. It’s a way of life.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

LucasDavenport wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:16 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:12 am

Bingo

The OHSAA is a safe site.

As safe as anything else.

The people who don’t like to use their credit card online … can’t help them. It’s a way of life.
Everytime you swipe your card at any store it is the same as going to a website and entering your credit card info. Transactions are instant and that requires the use of the internet.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Playoff attendance has picked up as the playoffs advance. The extra watered down week had low attendance.

Online ticket purchases are fine and I’m sure helpful but why make that the ONLY way to purchase a ticket?
I saw it at Massie and I’m sure it happened just about everywhere, people trying to get in without buying online.
Why make it where you have to turn people away when there are plenty of seats available and they have cash to get in.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

The home side at portsmouth was almost at capacity, but far from being all Ironton fans , we seen a lot of people from other schools , seemed to be a big number of Jackson fans ,but seen coats from almost every local school could be why it seemed as if Ironton wasn't cheering a lot. Just a thought though but it was nice to see such a crowd, I bet the players were loving it

Paper Tigers

Post by Paper Tigers »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:50 am
MrFirstTake wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:03 am
I sorta noticed that myself. Maybe some Ironton fans are starting to get a little too cocky with their expectations, like others have mentioned on here. With their quick turn around the past few years, back to back state title appearances, and D1 recruits I could see some fans being quick to set their bar so high.
It's a toxic fanbase but we will leave that alone.

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

biggdowgg wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:05 pm The home side at portsmouth was almost at capacity, but far from being all Ironton fans , we seen a lot of people from other schools , seemed to be a big number of Jackson fans ,but seen coats from almost every local school could be why it seemed as if Ironton wasn't cheering a lot. Just a thought though but it was nice to see such a crowd, I bet the players were loving it
Seen a good bit of the Trojan faithful there too. Maybe we can start to pack our own stadium like that one day.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:04 pm
biggdowgg wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:05 pm The home side at portsmouth was almost at capacity, but far from being all Ironton fans , we seen a lot of people from other schools , seemed to be a big number of Jackson fans ,but seen coats from almost every local school could be why it seemed as if Ironton wasn't cheering a lot. Just a thought though but it was nice to see such a crowd, I bet the players were loving it
Seen a good bit of the Trojan faithful there too. Maybe we can start to pack our own stadium like that one day.

Yes most definitely a lot of trojan faithful were there as well I ran into a lot of them. It would be nice to even see half this crowd

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

There were tables out at the entrance at The Coliseum with an instruction sheet and the QR code to assist people that hadn’t purchased tickets yet. Good idea

Return to “Football”