Fort Frye 36 Nelsonville-York 6 2021 Playoffs

Bulldog84
All Conference

Re: WK 12: 8. Nelsonville-York (8-3) @ 1. Fort Frye (9-1)

Post by Bulldog84 »

EasternDspy wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:02 pm
NY BUCK wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:56 pm I think I have to agree with 96. Everybody I have talked to and know, know the challenge we face Saturday night. Most of us are just excited to see where we are against this team but I think if we play our game and show up and play we can make this a game. Ready to get back to Beverly for round 3. Good thing is the bucks are pretty young so I think NY and Fort will be seeing alot of each other in the playoffs going into the future.
Cadets have 16 Jrs.
Are all 16 juniors getting varsity time right now?

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

NY BUCK wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:56 pm I think I have to agree with 96. Everybody I have talked to and know, know the challenge we face Saturday night. Most of us are just excited to see where we are against this team but I think if we play our game and show up and play we can make this a game. Ready to get back to Beverly for round 3. Good thing is the bucks are pretty young so I think NY and Fort will be seeing alot of each other in the playoffs going into the future.
Cadets have 16 Jrs.
That is good. NY is playing a lot of Sophomores and Jrs. Our QB is a senior however unfortunately

Personal Foul
Riding the Bench

Post by Personal Foul »

NY can compete this week. Wouldn’t be surprised to see them keep this game competitive. They’ll need a near perfect game to win but that’s why they play the game. NY is also very young and will be very very good the next 2 + years

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

NY BUCK wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:10 pm
Cadets have 16 Jrs.
That is good. NY is playing a lot of Sophomores and Jrs. Our QB is a senior however unfortunately
Fort Frye has a Sr Qb as well. Also both All State level tackles are Srs as well as Rb Crazylegs Long.

SVTRaptor
Waterboy

Post by SVTRaptor »

FF is still pretty banged up from what I've heard, not sure how healthy NY is.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

SVTRaptor wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:44 am FF is still pretty banged up from what I've heard, not sure how healthy NY is.
Don't know where you heard that from. Ff is about as healthy as they've been all season. By the 12th game of the season every team will have some bumps and bruises and kids "hurting". But as far as all kids playing, this will be full go for ff

Sports24/7
Freshman Team

Post by Sports24/7 »

FF wins this game and the region then its basketball season you can book it

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye only missing 1 starter and he’s been out since Zanesville.

SVTRaptor
Waterboy

Post by SVTRaptor »

Ff3233 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:04 am
SVTRaptor wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:44 am FF is still pretty banged up from what I've heard, not sure how healthy NY is.
Don't know where you heard that from. Ff is about as healthy as they've been all season. By the 12th game of the season every team will have some bumps and bruises and kids "hurting". But as far as all kids playing, this will be full go for ff
"Banged up" as in playing hurt, fully aware no one will be out but Welsh, Owen Brown nowhere near 100% and Huck kid is playing on a bum ankle, totally understand kids are banged up this late in season, simply pointing out FF is not as healthy as people think, and that matters getting deep into playoffs when you need more depth! Carry on...

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

SVTRaptor wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:04 am
"Banged up" as in playing hurt, fully aware no one will be out but Welsh, Owen Brown nowhere near 100% and Huck kid is playing on a bum ankle, totally understand kids are banged up this late in season, simply pointing out FF is not as healthy as people think, and that matters getting deep into playoffs when you need more depth! Carry on...
Ok lol. Zaiden Huck has been our leading tackler since returning. Please key on Long so we can hit you with that Owen Brown. Owen is fine.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Your inside info is a little off. Other than Welsh, we are as healthy as we've been since week 2

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Buckeye2021 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:12 pm
efarns wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:08 pm
Savin Davey wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:20 pm NY is playing with house money now. After staring out 0-3 pretty much everyone wrote them off for dead. No doubt they'll make it a game though. Playing tough right now.
They are going to lose by a few touchdown or more. Is that "making it a game?"
Not sure what you expect from ny fans would you rather they say we have no chance might as well not even play the game ?
Honesty.

Your team's fans ranked your team just beneath Barnesville. All season, nobody wanted to talk about this region because it wasn't even a contest. Like, MAYBE, West Jefferson could give our kids a game. Nobody mentions Fairland as having a shot. Now, suddenly, I'm supposed to think Nelsonville York is a contest because they trounced Centerburg and Vinton County?

You won the games you won. I think you have had a good year and have every right to be proud of your team and where they are now. As a Fort Frye fan, I can't pretend I see this as a game. If it's within 20, I'll be here after the game to say I was wrong.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

efarns wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:45 am

Not sure what you expect from ny fans would you rather they say we have no chance might as well not even play the game ?
Honesty.

Your team's fans ranked your team just beneath Barnesville. All season, nobody wanted to talk about this region because it wasn't even a contest. Like, MAYBE, West Jefferson could give our kids a game. Nobody mentions Fairland as having a shot. Now, suddenly, I'm supposed to think Nelsonville York is a contest because they trounced Centerburg and Vinton County?

You won the games you won. I think you have had a good year and have every right to be proud of your team and where they are now. As a Fort Frye fan, I can't pretend I see this as a game. If it's within 20, I'll be here after the game to say I was wrong.
You’ve been blunt but to be honest do you remember how NY fans acted when we played them in 2017? People from NY was acting like they’d beat Fort Frye by 50 and that game went to OT.

SVTRaptor
Waterboy

Post by SVTRaptor »

EasternDspy wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:02 am

Ok lol. Zaiden Huck has been our leading tackler since returning. Please key on Long so we can hit you with that Owen Brown. Owen is fine.
"Hit you" as in me? Lol I've already stated FF wins this in a blowout, I'm by no means a NY fan, my point is when FF gets deeper into the playoffs against much stiffer competition Zaiden Huck and Brown need to be 100%, of course Huck has been the leading tackler, he's a beast and FF has been beating on scrubs for 5 weeks, that does not mean his ankle is healed bc it's not!

Buckeye2021
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye2021 »

efarns wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:45 am

Honesty.

I’m no ny fan. A Waterford fan with family on the other side of the river and I thought when I saw the seeding it would be ironic if Ny had to come to Beverly after all the complaining about the field and facilities . It as a fan I’m always hoping we some how beat fort , I’m sure ny fans are the same and should be . I don’t think it’s going to be a close game but I wouldn’t expect them not to think they have a chance

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

SVTRaptor wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:50 pm
"Hit you" as in me? Lol I've already stated FF wins this in a blowout, I'm by no means a NY fan, my point is when FF gets deeper into the playoffs against much stiffer competition Zaiden Huck and Brown need to be 100%, of course Huck has been the leading tackler, he's a beast and FF has been beating on scrubs for 5 weeks, that does not mean his ankle is healed bc it's not!
Did you talk to him today? Scrubs for 5 weeks he had 11 tackles vs the only team that beat us in Lima Central Catholic. Williamstown is better than any team that NY beat in the Reg season. Stop coming on here acting like you have some inside info when you don’t. Owen injury was a heel bruise. I’m telling you right now Fort Frye is as healthy as they’ve been all season since week 2. So stop coming here acting like we’re banged up like it’s some huge disadvantage. All teams are a little banged up in week 12.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Also what I meant is if you key on Long then Owen is going to make you pay.

SVTRaptor
Waterboy

Post by SVTRaptor »

EasternDspy wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:53 pm

Did you talk to him today? Scrubs for 5 weeks he had 11 tackles vs the only team that beat us in Lima Central Catholic. Williamstown is better than any team that NY beat in the Reg season. Stop coming on here acting like you have some inside info when you don’t. Owen injury was a heel bruise. I’m telling you right now Fort Frye is as healthy as they’ve been all season since week 2. So stop coming here acting like we’re banged up like it’s some huge disadvantage. All teams are a little banged up in week 12.
4 weeks* my bad, I am once again explaining to you that I know FF will easily win this game, I know Williamstown is better than anyone NY beat, where did I say otherwise? I also realize every team is banged up which is why my original question was how healthy NY was, chill out pal and do some reading comprehension!

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

SVTRaptor wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:31 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:53 pm

4 weeks* my bad, I am once again explaining to you that I know FF will easily win this game, I know Williamstown is better than anyone NY beat, where did I say otherwise? I also realize every team is banged up which is why my original question was how healthy NY was, chill out pal and do some reading comprehension!
NY is healthy. We had a freshman who was getting a lot of Varsity time break his collarbone in a JV game but other then that just your typical late season bumps and bruises.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

NY will play tough. They have been here before. Not sure it’s enough to win 4qrters against FF.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion

Return to “Football”