Fort Frye 36 Nelsonville-York 6 2021 Playoffs

Dundas
SEOPS

Re: WK 12: 8. Nelsonville-York (8-3) @ 1. Fort Frye (9-1)

Post by Dundas »

EasternDspy wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:32 pm
Dundas wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:21 pm
Ff3233 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:07 pm
Tell me what year we were 0-10? We were bad before eric got here but that was over 13 seasons ago. Just thought if you are trying measure your program you'd like to play one decent team out of conference. But I keep forgetting you have that tough tvc Ohio conference schedule.
From 2001-08 FF was 11-69 with two 0-10 seasons. It has nothing to do with your success, or lack there of. It’s the drive.I’m sure Ff would fit into the TVC competitively just fine long term, but I for one don’t want t drive 90 minuets for a conference game. Non conference is a different story. You aren’t locked in. I don’t understand how those things are so hard for Fort people to comprehend. 🤷‍♂️
Also when we were 11-69 teams were begging to play us and now that we have been successful nobody wants to play us.
Did VC and Fort play in a regular season game when you guys sucked? The answer is no. We didn’t want to play you then, we don’t want to play you now. It has nothing to do with you being a D6 powerhouse these days.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Guessing it will be very competitive in the first half but FF will slowly take over and end up winning by 2-3 scores. Two programs that are used to the postseason, so it should be a physical, fun game. Hard to count out a program like NY, so wouldn’t be surprised if they pull it out either. However, my gut says FF.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Ff3233 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:33 pm
Ff3233 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:07 pm
Tell me what year we were 0-10? We were bad before eric got here but that was over 13 seasons ago. Just thought if you are trying measure your program you'd like to play one decent team out of conference. But I keep forgetting you have that tough tvc Ohio conference schedule.
From 2001-08 FF was 11-69 with two 0-10 seasons. It has nothing to do with your success, or lack there of. It’s the drive.I’m sure Ff would fit into the TVC competitively just fine long term, but I for one don’t want t drive 90 minuets for a conference game. Non conference is a different story. You aren’t locked in. I don’t understand how those things are so hard for Fort people to comprehend. 🤷‍♂️
Ok, I'm not talking about being in the conference. I don't want to be in that crap conference. I've said each time out of conference. What am I not comprehending?
You’re right, you guys probably would be a better fit for the hocking. I get you’re on a great run right now, but eventually you guys will fall back to hocking level competition. Probably best long term. And for travel.

Omaha
Riding the Bench

Post by Omaha »

I guess we should just bow down and cancel the game to the almighty Fort Frye..........

Why even bother to play this one?

"Do what you do, and do it well"
Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Dundas wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:47 pm

Ok, I'm not talking about being in the conference. I don't want to be in that crap conference. I've said each time out of conference. What am I not comprehending?
You’re right, you guys probably would be a better fit for the hocking. I get you’re on a great run right now, but eventually you guys will fall back to hocking level competition. Probably best long term. And for travel.
Funny, because the best team in the tvc is in the Hocking (trimble) and probably the third (waterford). VC people are so funny, I now understand how you guys could root for a guy like Bentley. And I don't want in the tvc. Garbage conference. We already play 2 of the best 3 teams in that combined league.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Omaha wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:48 pm I guess we should just bow down and cancel the game to the almighty Fort Frye..........

Good idea. Plus it would save your players from having to play on grass.
Last edited by Ff3233 on Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Omaha wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:48 pm I guess we should just bow down and cancel the game to the almighty Fort Frye..........

Fort needs to fill up that 2500 seat stadium (with the lawn chair count). So NY needs to travel well. Just remember to bring the camp chairs to count in the total capacity.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Ff3233 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:51 pm
Funny, because the best team in the tvc is in the Hocking (trimble) and probably the third (waterford). VC people are so funny, I now understand how you guys could root for a guy like Bentley. And I don't want in the tvc. Garbage conference. We already play 2 of the best 3 teams in that combined league.
You’re right. Trimble is the best team this year. Normally that isn’t the case though. Just like normally FF isn’t a power. Again, it’s averages. Y’all would fit great playing against Belpre and Southern every year.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Dundas wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:55 pm

You’re right. Trimble is the best team this year. Normally that isn’t the case though. Just like normally FF isn’t a power. Again, it’s averages. Y’all would fit great playing against Belpre and Southern every year.
Also, Bentley isn’t at VC anymore, not sure what that has to do with anything. Lol still butthurt from that loss last year I guess. It’s in the past. We’re past it. You should be too. Honestly, it was embarrassing playing fort so close last year. And losing on the road the year before. Embarrassing.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Love the delusional VC fan base. Trimble beat NY 5 out of the last 8 years. Those 2 are the class of the tvc with Waterford to follow. Outside of Burrow years for Athens, noone in that conference is worth mentioning. Hell even southern had a decent couple year stretch. I guess that's why you mentioned them instead of VC. And if you're using averages, what sample size are you using? Anything over a decade is just dumb

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

What are you even talking about??

Omaha
Riding the Bench

Post by Omaha »

EasternDspy wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:02 pm

What are you even talking about??
I mean, our conference is apparently trash so why even show up

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

I mean . . . You aren't wrong. People get mad when we say it, though. Better to change the subject.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Ff3233 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:01 pm
Love the delusional VC fan base. Trimble beat NY 5 out of the last 8 years. Those 2 are the class of the tvc with Waterford to follow. Outside of Burrow years for Athens, noone in that conference is worth mentioning. Hell even southern had a decent couple year stretch. I guess that's why you mentioned them instead of VC. And if you're using averages, what sample size are you using? Anything over a decade is just dumb
I used southern because that’s the level Fort is on size wise and historically. But I guess we can only use 10 years as a reference. I’m guessing only because you all were trash before then. 🤷‍♂️
It’s okay, we don’t have to talk about the past.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

efarns wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:05 pm

I mean . . . You aren't wrong. People get mad when we say it, though. Better to change the subject.
Has FF played in a state title game? (In the last 10 years, since that’s what your fan base has requested we only talk about)

Omaha
Riding the Bench

Post by Omaha »

It's a darn good thing this game gets decided on the field and not on this forum.....
At some point people should talk about X's and o's and quit bashing or just not talk at all

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

And . . . I get it. The Buckeyes earned the right to be here. They are playing their best football and just blew out the 9 seed convincingly. Fans are allowed to be fans. Yorks are going to York.

But . . . Yeah. This is a 30 point game.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Dundas wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:05 pm
Ff3233 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:01 pm

I used southern because that’s the level Fort is on size wise and historically. But I guess we can only use 10 years as a reference. I’m guessing only because you all were trash before then. 🤷‍♂️
It’s okay, we don’t have to talk about the past.
Keep it coming. This is very entertaining. We were garbage 14 years ago. But we have definitely turned it around. When will VC? With all those athletes and awesome facilities you should at worst win the conference. Maybe hire Bentley on the staff, he is a proven recruiter. Beef up that football team a little. Maybe get to 7 wins in a season :D

Omaha
Riding the Bench

Post by Omaha »

Grown people acting like idiots over a game teenagers are playing.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Omaha wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:07 pm It's a darn good thing this game gets decided on the field and not on this forum.....
At some point people should talk about X's and o's and quit bashing or just not talk at all
Just defending the TVC against delusional Fart fans. Enjoy the ride at the top. 0-10’s will be back soon. 👻

Return to “Football”