River 53 Berne Union 21 2021 Playoffs

carbon_dated
All State

Re: #7 River vs #2 Berne Union

Post by carbon_dated »

Are 3rd round games at neutral sites? Trying to think of possibilities if BU wins, Waterford wins, Shadyside wins, River wins.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

carbon_dated wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:35 pm Are 3rd round games at neutral sites? Trying to think of possibilities if BU wins, Waterford wins, Shadyside wins, River wins.
Correct, neutral after this week.

OvGuy
Freshman Team

Post by OvGuy »

carbon_dated wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:35 pm Are 3rd round games at neutral sites? Trying to think of possibilities if BU wins, Waterford wins, Shadyside wins, River wins.
River vs Shadyside would either be at Martins Ferry, St Clairsville, or Steubenville. River Waterford I would have to think would be at Marietta. BU Shadyside would maybe be Zanesville maybe Maysville? BU and Waterford I have no idea but my best guess would be Athens.

Tow Head
Freshman Team

Post by Tow Head »

OvGuy wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:42 pm
Tow Head wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:29 am River wins this one. BU is way over rated. That's why they ducked Trimble when they had a perfect opportunity to play them. I doubt they get to Waterford but if they do Waterford will beat the brakes off them.
Waterford loses to Shadyside by at least 2 TDs matching up Shadyside and River once again in the semis which I think is gonna be a toss up game. Kabel Isaly is the qb and also just a sophomore. Not the runner that Lukas was but the kid can sling it better than his brother already in my opinion.
Shady always comes in as the favorite when facing a TVC Hocking team and many times goes away with their tails tucked between their legs.

OvGuy
Freshman Team

Post by OvGuy »

Half-

33-14 River.

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

Quick question.....
Did any of them stop to take a pic under the scoreboard?

Thegame
Waterboy

Post by Thegame »

Berne Union is legit… wrong

Destroyer96
Waterboy

Post by Destroyer96 »

BU deserved the butt whooping River is giving them. Dirty play after play once the score got out of hand. QB just ejected. Good riddance.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

What's the score now?

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

greygoose wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:38 pm What's the score now?
53-21 final

OvGuy
Freshman Team

Post by OvGuy »

53-21 final River advances.

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

Destroyer96 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:36 pm BU deserved the butt whooping River is giving them. Dirty play after play once the score got out of hand. QB just ejected. Good riddance.
Been their M.O. all season. Finally played a team that could punch back, so to speak.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

OH DANG.....guess when 93bulldog was arguing with me earlier in the year when I said BU needed to play a tough team to get ready I was right. Tried telling me the playoffs got them ready for the playoffs over and over again. Congrats to River, man for BU what might have been but at least you didn't take a chance at getting beat during the season.

OvGuy
Freshman Team

Post by OvGuy »

Pure domination by River. Proud of the boys. Got burnt on two plays to make the score what it was but as I said River would out class and out coach BU. Credit to BU staff they tried their best to keep it classy unfortunately some of their kids didn’t know how to handle the tougher competition.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

River dominated 1st quarter TOP 11:52 to :08 (this is not a typo); first half TOP was roughly 20 to 4.

Brilliant game plan by Flannery and Co. Control the clock, attack the interior of the line. 0-traps, scissors, veers; passes sprinkled in.

Discipline: what's understood doesn't need to be explained. I touched on this earlier in the year. This is why I wanted BU to fill that open week.

It is sad that the bad antics and idiocy of 3-5 kids, who happen to be mostly their best players, came back to absolutely haunt them for good. The one kid in particular is a notorious headcase and always has been. That reputation has followed him through every sport over the years. I would not be surprised if he just played his last game of football for BU.

OvGuy
Freshman Team

Post by OvGuy »

I understand heat of the moment and you don’t want to be an adult bashing kids that are playing and trying their best but once River went up and matched BU’s first score you could see them get down on themselves and it snowballed since they didn’t face any sort of adversity all season a player who hasn’t had to deal with his emotions once this year has them pop up all at once. I gave BU the benefit of the doubt to start the second half but when you’re point for first downs when you’re down by 20 that’s just not the attitude that’s gonna win you games in November.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

OvGuy wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:56 pm I understand heat of the moment and you don’t want to be an adult bashing kids that are playing and trying their best but once River went up and matched BU’s first score you could see them get down on themselves and it snowballed since they didn’t face any sort of adversity all season a player who hasn’t had to deal with his emotions once this year has them pop up all at once. I gave BU the benefit of the doubt to start the second half but when you’re point for first downs when you’re down by 20 that’s just not the attitude that’s gonna win you games in November.
This is exactly what I had been getting at earlier this year.

I've watched many of these kids play across the other sports. The kid who was ejected is notorious for tearing down his teammates, even when he personally screws up, in baseball season and goes out of his way to show up opposing players and coaches when they win and lose. They lost a district final this spring in significant part to him making a massive screw-up only for him to later be barking and swearing at his teammate in front of the entire crowd to see. The star player on the perimeter wearing the two-digit jersey is the same way. The third kid that comes off the top of my head, who didn't even play in the second half (I'm hearing that he quit in the locker room at half???) literally was walking down the sideline returning to the huddle -- 50 yards away -- in the transition from 2nd down to 3rd down and almost earned them a delay of game when it was still a one-score River lead. In fact, I don't see how that WASN'T a delay of game.

/break/

I do want to take a moment and say that there are some truly great-hearted and spirited kids that play for BU who are above the fray but unfortunately can't do anything to break the crap. Lots of effort in every play, but the ship is steered directly by super-talented kids with significant issues between the ears. The really sad part is some of those remarkable, awesome kids (they do exist) just played their last game of football as seniors. I do look forward to watching them play in basketball and baseball... just not some of their moron teammates who are also playing those sports.

SugarGroove
Waterboy

Post by SugarGroove »

formerfcfan wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:10 pm
OvGuy wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:56 pm I understand heat of the moment and you don’t want to be an adult bashing kids that are playing and trying their best but once River went up and matched BU’s first score you could see them get down on themselves and it snowballed since they didn’t face any sort of adversity all season a player who hasn’t had to deal with his emotions once this year has them pop up all at once. I gave BU the benefit of the doubt to start the second half but when you’re point for first downs when you’re down by 20 that’s just not the attitude that’s gonna win you games in November.
This is exactly what I had been getting at earlier this year.

I've watched many of these kids play across the other sports. The kid who was ejected is notorious for tearing down his teammates, even when he personally screws up, in baseball season and goes out of his way to show up opposing players and coaches when they win and lose. They lost a district final this spring in significant part to him making a massive screw-up only for him to later be barking and swearing at his teammate in front of the entire crowd to see. The star player on the perimeter wearing the two-digit jersey is the same way. The third kid that comes off the top of my head, who didn't even play in the second half (I'm hearing that he quit in the locker room at half???) literally was walking down the sideline returning to the huddle -- 50 yards away -- in the transition from 2nd down to 3rd down and almost earned them a delay of game when it was still a one-score River lead. In fact, I don't see how that WASN'T a delay of game.

/break/

I do want to take a moment and say that there are some truly great-hearted and spirited kids that play for BU who are above the fray but unfortunately can't do anything to break the crap. Lots of effort in every play, but the ship is steered directly by super-talented kids with significant issues between the ears. The really sad part is some of those remarkable, awesome kids (they do exist) just played their last game of football as seniors. I do look forward to watching them play in basketball and baseball... just not some of their moron teammates who are also playing those sports.

Personal Foul
Riding the Bench

Re: River 53 Berne Union 21 2021 Playoffs

Post by Personal Foul »

Should not have dodged Trimble when they were both open seems both teams could have used that game. Trimble would of got better playing against some good athletes and Berne Union would have been snapped to reality before the playoffs. Oh well to the hardwood for both teams

icanpickem
All Conference

Re: River 53 Berne Union 21 2021 Playoffs

Post by icanpickem »

I think river's coach summed it up nicely......

It was an 11-guy effort,” Flannery said. “We knew who their playmakers were. (Friesner), (Nemeth) and (Amnah, that’s who their guys were and that’s who we had to stop. I know they’re a senior-led team and have some big dudes up front, but we’ve been battle tested throughout the year, we lost to three one-loss teams, and our kids just understand about playing in the fourth quarter.”

Return to “Football”