SEOPS HO

Re: Week 12 : #9 (8-3) Portsmouth @ #1 (10-1) Ironton

Post by biggdowgg »

Impressive

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

See this as a close game at half and Ironton's depth and size coming into play after the half.
Ironton will play it close to the vest and not take risk in the passing game with the QB 1 and 2 possibly not at full strength.
QB 3 though a freshman has been playing some this year in blowout games so knows how to play and what will be expected of him.
Ironton will rely on it's bruising run game short swing passes and Stout Defense.
Portsmouth will need to make smart plays and open up it's run game to keep Ironton from sitting back on it's receivers.
Portsmouth can win this game and will be fired up no doubt but it will have to be a near perfect game and Ironton will need to play bad with penalties and turnovers.
Ironton 34-20

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

I’ll say Portsmouth 28 Ironton 24 in a down to the wire thriller. Portsmouth’s QB has been waiting for this moment for last three years. Portsmouth will play lights out and bend but not break this time. 2nd half will be crucial for Portsmouth and defense won’t break completely down this time in2nd half.Adjustments has to be made during game and no turnovers for Portsmouth to win this one.

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

42 - 13 TIgers

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

28-17 Ironton if they keep the penalties and turnovers down like always I feel like that’s the only thing that will stop them in this region

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Good luck to the Tigers

6O HORN3TS 🐝
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Ironton 10-0 at the half

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

Great 1st half! Trojans once again showing promise before halftime just like two weeks ago. Ill admit im nervous for this 2nd half.. were pretty banged up right now with Roe coming out and others limping some. Be hilarious if its a trick to throw off halftime adjustments 😉 Hopefully everyone will be good enough to go for this 2nd half because I believe the Trojans can win this game.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Congratulations to the tigers we was in position to win this game the last interception killed us our defense was lights out tonight and drew roe is the toughest kid i know what a great season this kid had and still limped along the sideline supporting his team mates all night

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Wow what a game. Congrats to Ironton on the win. Super proud of the boys from Portsmouth. Defense was really tough tonight. Battled all night. Duncan stepped up when Roe went down. Couple things go the other way Portsmouth moves on, it didn’t and the Tigers will rematch Burg. Drew Roe is very tough and gutsy, sad his final game as a Trojan ended due to Injury. Trojans offense couldn’t do much but their defense kept them in the game. It was a cold one but a fun one. Fine season by Portsmouth. Many people thought they’d end up with 3-4 wins. 8 wins and their first playoff win in 20 years. Be proud Trojans it was a great season. Wish all the seniors from both schools a successful future.

Who Dey!
Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I watched this game on the IPad with the Burg game on the TV. Great effort by both teams and the defenses played lights out. Congrats to the Tigers on the win and the Trojans on a great season.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
LockHerUp
Freshman Team

Post by LockHerUp »

Watched it from beginning to end... In my opinion, there was no reason for this game to have have been close. Ironton should have run it down their throat's the entire game. He is outcoaching himself...throwing play-action when they are gaining 5-8myards on running plays. I know people will disagree with me on this. That's fine. Ironton dominated the game and won by an 11-point margin - should have been bigger.
Gotta cut out the fumbles and unforced errors, etc.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

biggdowgg wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:06 pm
MrFirstTake wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:04 pm
Beergogglebluez wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:16 pm

Ironton and burg I bet maybe valley or rock hill?, ironton vs ridgewood 2 years ago was at nelsonville York. But if portsmouth and burg win I’ll bet valley. Portsmouth vs ridgewood and bet Chillicothe. I had to throw the Trojans in there lol
I liked Ironton vs Ridgewood at nelsonville great game and atmosphere I thought anyways others didn’t agree. I say if it is then they play at Logan I have not been since they upgraded the facilities.

Logan has a beautiful facility but with the track and extra space around it you are a very long way from the game
Logan stadium sits high enough to get past the track.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

LockHerUp wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:49 pm Watched it from beginning to end... In my opinion, there was no reason for this game to have have been close. Ironton should have run it down their throat's the entire game. He is outcoaching himself...throwing play-action when they are gaining 5-8myards on running plays. I know people will disagree with me on this. That's fine. Ironton dominated the game and won by an 11-point margin - should have been bigger.

Ironton defense was awesome per usual. Offense was stagnant, looked good on some runs but Portsmouth run defense was really solid. Maybe if they kept pounding it instead of throwing the ball they get wore out and then it opens up. But they got stopped in the backfield or for a gain of a few a lot. Should feed Keys more than they do.

Who Dey!
Yh8awinner
Freshman Team

Post by Yh8awinner »

Logan would be a dumb location. Why would they make two teams that are 15 minutes apart travel that far?

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

noreply66 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:50 pm
biggdowgg wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:06 pm
MrFirstTake wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:04 pm

I liked Ironton vs Ridgewood at nelsonville great game and atmosphere I thought anyways others didn’t agree. I say if it is then they play at Logan I have not been since they upgraded the facilities.

Logan has a beautiful facility but with the track and extra space around it you are a very long way from the game
Logan stadium sits high enough to get past the track.

Lol not saying you can't see the field but you are a long ways from it ,I just don't like football fields with tracks around them ,and Logans seems to have a lot of extra room

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

LockHerUp wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:49 pm Watched it from beginning to end... In my opinion, there was no reason for this game to have have been close. Ironton should have run it down their throat's the entire game. He is outcoaching himself...throwing play-action when they are gaining 5-8myards on running plays. I know people will disagree with me on this. That's fine. Ironton dominated the game and won by an 11-point margin - should have been bigger.
I agree with you 100%, We struggled offensively without qb2 and the play calling and penalties didn't help either.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

frankie wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:24 pm
I agree with you 100%, We struggled offensively without qb2 and the play calling and penalties didn't help either.

Looked to me like QB3 was having trouble taking snap under center.

Return to “Football”