Waterboy

Ironton 17 Portsmouth 6 2021 Playoffs

Post by jenkinstyler89 »

Thoughts on the rematch

CAT22
Riding the Bench

Re: Week 12 : #9 (8-3) Portsmouth @ #1 (10-1) Ironton

Post by CAT22 »

Ironton won convincingly the first time, and I’m sure they will win again. The Trojans will compete, but playoff ironton is a different animal.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

Portsmouth has the talent to matchup with Ironton, with the Tigers having more depth. This game will come down to coaching for Portsmouth to have a shot at taking over the #1 seed. Trojans will also need to have their best game at the LOS. I believe the Trojans can execute if the Portsmouth staff can make the right calls for all 4 qtrs.. Once Ironton starts to take off they're hard to comeback on.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Hard to pick against Ironton after they way the defense played tonight without Duncan or Wiley I’m picking ironton probably closer than the last game though 24-14

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

For Portsmouth to win we will need to establish some sort of short yardage offense and our defense will need to keep forcing turnovers. We can't rely on big plays as they have the horses to run us down. We will need to keep improving on special teams also, we had a much better look last night as ZT didn't get any big returns on us that I can recall.

Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

this game comes down to
the same thing that decided the first game, line of scrimmage. The Fighting Tigers physically beat down the Trojans in the second half. Can Portsmouth’s QB (s) physically withstand the continual hits and can PHS offensive line prevent it?
I have been impressed how Ironton has lost Carter, Carpenter, Duncan and Wylie for multiple games this year and still played very well.
If Coach Pendleton can have his team focus on only Portsmouth this week, I’ll go with 35-14 Ironton.

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

I can see this game going 1 of 2 ways. The first way is it’s a blowout in favor of Ironton. Trojans seem to have gave up in the 2nd half week 10. Morale was down, kids looked defeated. If they come in with the mindset of we gave this team our best shot for 1 half and they didn’t flinch, then this one will be over quick. The 2nd way is I think maybe the Trojans put together 4 good quarters of football and maybe just maybe we have a game Saturday night. I think Ironton was shell shocked to be down 9-0 to the Trojans. A few miscues and it was 16-7 at halftime. But it wasn’t. So it depends on what Trojans show up. The ones who play Ironton tough for 2 quarters of the ones who once adversity struck they were defeated and let Ironton take over. The Portsmouth line had better get it together. If they want any chance of winning this game Roe has to take way less hit, and have a bit of time to throw. Kid can throw on the run, but not with 4 guys in his face. The line needs to get mean, hungry and physical. Hopefully Carr is back from his injury against ZT. Portsmouth has the talent, but can these kids get out of their own head and play 4 quarters. Can the Trojans coaching staff set the kids up for success. I’ll be there Saturday night regardless, gonna be cold but I’m excited for another crack at the Tigers. Go Trojans!

Who Dey!
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Portsmouth vs wheelersburg week 13 at valley. Heard it here first. I had too lol. I have fingers crossed. Went to royal king and bought horseshoes and rabbits feet. I’m praying for a miracle

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:16 am Portsmouth vs wheelersburg week 13 at valley. Heard it here first. I had too lol. I have fingers crossed. Went to royal king and bought horseshoes and rabbits feet. I’m praying for a miracle
Was just talking to someone about this lastnight lol even mentioned how it would be at Valley. Fingers crossed!!

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

Fighting Tigers by 3 scores.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Good luck to the boys from Ptown

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

If Roe and Carr are not healthy this could get ugly quick ,it was obvious Roe was still no where close to 100 percent st zane trace with no running attempts ,he is our number one running threat and why we have not established a full back all year to block for Hammonds remains a mystery , and Donavon Carr went out in first qtr and never returned, he had the first long td pass against Ironton and a couple other nice catches,not to mention one of our best defensive players.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Ironton should win by 21. Portsmouth needs an unbelievable offensive production.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Portsmouth has to jump on them from the start. Ironton gets better as the game goes on. They have to score when they have opportunities. Probably need a fullback and running back and not run qb all the time. The kids can not give up, something I saw in the 2nd half of the 1st game. A win is possible but going to be very hard. Not sure how carr is but that’s a huge loss.
Last edited by Beergogglebluez on Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

I hate rematch games that’s all I can say I’m still going with Ironton obviously but will be closer I think Portsmouth’s defense is much better than wellston and have seen this team just two weeks ago although it was a different QB and I’m not sure Duncan was 100 percent that Portsmouth game either going back and watching they had DEBO #33 starting not that he did bad or anything but Duncan has been the starter since a sophomore and has a ton of experience
Last edited by MrFirstTake on Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

With Roe being hobbled we seen what happened in the 2nd half of this week 10 matchup. I think Ironton has the means to adjust a lot better than the Trojans as they'll look to build off their 2nd half success. Ironton will not let the special teams of Trojans win the game like ZT did, Ironton takes this one by 2 scores.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Fake news 📰

TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

It’s funny that people are starting tell people how they really feel about coach Pendleton. There is a lot of people on the hype train too.

Nicknevada86
Varsity

Post by Nicknevada86 »

Iron 38

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

TigerMania wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:39 pm It’s funny that people are starting tell people how they really feel about coach Pendleton. There is a lot of people on the hype train too.

Ex Staff member. Trying to change the narrative of how the community feels about them.

You obviously don’t know the man or his background. I’ve had several tell me he’s the hardest worker they’ve seen coach. Also have had several talk about how much he loves the kids and I’ve listened to all his interviews and read press clippings, it’s never been about him. FAKE NEWS.

Return to “Football”