Burg 24 Wood 20 2021 Playoffs Wheelersburg Ridgewood

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Re: WK 12: THE BURG @ THE WOOD

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

MrFirstTake wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:36 pm Two great programs and coaches who have become very familiar with each other the last 10 years or so. I believe wheelersburg can win this game if they hit Tingle a few times and make him think twice about running because to me that’s where he is more dangerous he throws well but the offense really goes when he is running around wether it’s a designed run or pass which turns to a scramble that’s where they need to contain him to win I believe. I won’t pick a score but whoever wins I think it will be low scoring like last year

If he runs Burg will get there licks in on him. I believe he will have to beat Burg through the air. Pass defense did not look good last night. Burg will need to shut down the receivers like they did against Waverly. Force Tingle to run and then hit him like he’s after your girlfriend!!!

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:19 pm
MrFirstTake wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:36 pm Two great programs and coaches who have become very familiar with each other the last 10 years or so. I believe wheelersburg can win this game if they hit Tingle a few times and make him think twice about running because to me that’s where he is more dangerous he throws well but the offense really goes when he is running around wether it’s a designed run or pass which turns to a scramble that’s where they need to contain him to win I believe. I won’t pick a score but whoever wins I think it will be low scoring like last year

If he runs Burg will get there licks in on him. I believe he will have to beat Burg through the air. Pass defense did not look good last night. Burg will need to shut down the receivers like they did against Waverly. Force Tingle to run and then hit him like he’s after your girlfriend!!!
Definitely agree I also believe waverly has a a better all around offense than Ridgewood but the Qb is better and a lot more experienced for Ridgewood both coached really well too. Burg can definitely win just keep it low scoring and like you say hit him (tingle) like he’s after you girlfriend 🤣

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

This game might be closer than people think. Will this game be streamed?

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

TigerMania wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:35 pm This game might be closer than people think. Will this game be streamed?
Yep WTNS radio on YouTube and Facebook I believe

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

If the Burg defense shows up like they did against Waverly I have no reason to doubt them. Make the game ugly. They will have an immense advantage in special teams and I think that will mean a lot in this. Hopefully both of the Lattimore see the ball a lot and I can see a Burg W
Burg 24
Ridgewood 20

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ridgewood is a well coached team and after the run they've been on these last few years not much is going to surprise them. Defensively I thought they've gotten better each year and not so reliant on that offense. With that being said Tingle will be the best player on the field going into it and Burg must find a way to contain him in the pocket to have a chance in this one. Running QBs who are left free to run will find the wide open Wr because a DB will get caught sneaking up. I do look for this to be a close game like last year, Ridgewood 21-17.

gobucs20
Freshman Team

Post by gobucs20 »

Ridgewood over hp in a close one for the regional title.

CFB1
Riding the Bench

Post by CFB1 »

Wood lost 2 kids that are now at OSU and another all Ohio player off of last years O and D lines. Obviously a D5 school does not just replace that. D line has actually been solid this year for the most part. They have been missing one of their better ones the last couple of weeks because of injury. He may be back against Burg. O line has had some breakdowns and did struggle some against Indian Valley and Garaway, both good/great D lines. But overall line play on both sides of the ball has been good. I think most Wood fans knew going into this year that the season was going to depend on the Woods offense ability to keep pressure on the opposition’s defense and to keep putting up points and rely on more of a bend but don’t break defense. Again looking at the entire season they have done a darn good job when you consider the injury to Tingle and other injuries/issues. They were down to their 5th string QB one game in the middle of the season. Even with all that they were still 10 yards away from a 10-0 season. Still one of the best offenses in D5 when they are healthy and limiting mistakes/turnovers IMO. I expect a great game Saturday night with a slight advantage to the Wood playing at home.

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

gobucs20 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:52 am Ridgewood over hp in a close one for the regional title.
I don't think so. I think the previous 2 years were the woods best chance to win the region. Most likely the wood playoff run will end Saturday, but if they manage to somehow get past Burg, then it will definitely end the following week. Hard to believe any wood fan would be looking past Burg.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Burg's corners need to keep the receivers in front of them and LB's need to not let Tingle beat them with his feet. I'd be surprised if he runs much with him already being hurt once this year. Hopefully Burg's d-line can put some pressure on him and force him to make bad throws.

Should be another classic just like last year.

DaWoodSoldier
Riding the Bench

Post by DaWoodSoldier »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:45 am Burg's corners need to keep the receivers in front of them and LB's need to not let Tingle beat them with his feet. I'd be surprised if he runs much with him already being hurt once this year. Hopefully Burg's d-line can put some pressure on him and force him to make bad throws.

Hes carried the ball close to 40 times last 2 weeks. As a senior and at this point in the season, win or go home, Tingle will do whatever it takes to give his squad a chance to win. Hell, last year he threw a TD and a big pass play to set up the TD with a broken anterior collarbone(doctors claimed most would need urgent medical attention)

Wood/Burg always competitive game. Both good enough to win. I agree that it should be a good one.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

DaWoodSoldier wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:24 am
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:45 am Burg's corners need to keep the receivers in front of them and LB's need to not let Tingle beat them with his feet. I'd be surprised if he runs much with him already being hurt once this year. Hopefully Burg's d-line can put some pressure on him and force him to make bad throws.

Hes carried the ball close to 40 times last 2 weeks. As a senior and at this point in the season, win or go home, Tingle will do whatever it takes to give his squad a chance to win. Hell, last year he threw a TD and a big pass play to set up the TD with a broken anterior collarbone(doctors claimed most would need urgent medical attention)

Wood/Burg always competitive game. Both good enough to win. I agree that it should be a good one.

I remember that well last year with Tingle. Kind of reminded me 2017 state title game, Salyers from Burg played the entire 4th qtr and OT with a broken leg.

No disrespect but my guess is the OH$AA would love to see a Burg-Ironton rematch in the next game because all of Southern Ohio will probably be in attendance. The money they stand to make would be HUGE!!!!

Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:43 am

I remember that well last year with Tingle. Kind of reminded me 2017 state title game, Salyers from Burg played the entire 4th qtr and OT with a broken leg.

No disrespect but my guess is the OH$AA would love to see a Burg-Ironton rematch in the next game because all of Southern Ohio will probably be in attendance. The money they stand to make would be HUGE!!!!
This man has said this same exact thing 3 years in a row... lol and i'm still wondering how OHSAA possibly wanting that is revelant to this game being played??

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Trust me it doesn’t look like he cares that he’s been hurt already he still runs the ball A LOT!!!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

MrFirstTake wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:11 am

Trust me it doesn’t look like he cares that he’s been hurt already he still runs the ball A LOT!!!
Yeah when you’re good you’re good.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

wobycat wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:29 am
MrFirstTake wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:11 am

Yeah when you’re good you’re good.
Kid is just a super competitor refuses to be out there and not do everything possible to win. I worry about that to for his sake running the ball a lot against better more physical defenses in the playoffs but he doesn’t seem to mind.

DaWoodSoldier
Riding the Bench

Post by DaWoodSoldier »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:43 am

I watched that performance by Salyers. One for the ages no doubt! I don’t believe it’s coincidence these 2 schools are meeting up for the 7th time in past 15 years. Both very good programs with tough kids and great community support. Best matchup in 2nd round of region 19 in my biased opinion. Neither program is looking ahead of this matchup.

Nicknevada86
Varsity

Post by Nicknevada86 »

If burg pulls upset I think they win region.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Nicknevada86 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:35 pm If burg pulls upset I think they win region.
Anything is possible. I however think Ironton is the class of the region and I’ve seen every team either live or on YouTube.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Ridgewood is a tough out for us, we need to be in the game come the 4th quarter and if we are then I like our chances at the "upset". Can't have any turnovers and spot them a couple scores, not how we are built this year. The natural turf won't be a disadvantage to us at all imo.

Return to “Football”