Fairland 58 Worthington Christian 28 2021 Playoffs

MrFirstTake
SE

Re: Week 12: Worthington Christian (8-2) @ Fairland (9-1)

Post by MrFirstTake »

WJ-OSU-STEELERS wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:49 pm MyFirstTake - I agree Fairland is the overwhelming favorite but you might want to look at who the Worthington Christian head coach is: Jeff Hartings. Hartings played at St Henry HS, went to Penn St, was a 1st round draft pick and played 10 years in the NFL winning a Super Bowl with the Steelers in 2006. Hartings has been the head coach at Worthington Christian for I believe 3 or 4 years and has improved the program. I’m sure the Fairland coaching staff is very good but Hartings has the credentials to be solid high school football coach. The Jimmy and Joe’s will be the difference and not the X and O’s in this game.
I’ve paid attention the last few years he’s been there he is a good coach I agree I just give a slight edge to Cunningham though.

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Good luck to the dragons

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
CAT22
Riding the Bench

Post by CAT22 »

Gameday. Go dragons.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Personal Foul wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:03 am
WJ-OSU-STEELERS wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:49 pm MyFirstTake - I agree Fairland is the overwhelming favorite but you might want to look at who the Worthington Christian head coach is: Jeff Hartings. Hartings played at St Henry HS, went to Penn St, was a 1st round draft pick and played 10 years in the NFL winning a Super Bowl with the Steelers in 2006. Hartings has been the head coach at Worthington Christian for I believe 3 or 4 years and has improved the program. I’m sure the Fairland coaching staff is very good but Hartings has the credentials to be solid high school football coach. The Jimmy and Joe’s will be the difference and not the X and O’s in this game.
He’s a good coach but trust me it will not matter in the slightest. WC isn’t as good as they were the last couple of years and this game will get ugly very fast. I’ve seen WC play twice this year and they’re comparable to Racine Southern. That would be a competitive game this one will not be. Ugly early and often
I would generally agree, but they’re in between Waterford and Eastern… possibly closer to Waterford than Eastern.

CAT22
Riding the Bench

Post by CAT22 »

formerfcfan wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:39 am
Personal Foul wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:03 am
He’s a good coach but trust me it will not matter in the slightest. WC isn’t as good as they were the last couple of years and this game will get ugly very fast. I’ve seen WC play twice this year and they’re comparable to Racine Southern. That would be a competitive game this one will not be. Ugly early and often
I would generally agree, but they’re in between Waterford and Eastern… possibly closer to Waterford than Eastern.
I was thinking the same, very comparable to Waterford. Same record at 8-2 and both schedules are around the same strength.

Personal Foul
Riding the Bench

Post by Personal Foul »

Oh no. Waterford would be worthington by at 3 Tds. I’ll concede and say they’re better than Racine but they’re more comparable to Eastern than Waterford. Regardless this game will be a blowout, running clock to begin the 3rd quarter

Dragon551990
Waterboy

Post by Dragon551990 »

Worthington Is better than Eastern by far….. they can sling it a little and they have a real good receiver. Middle lb play is solid. I’m not sure about a running clock to start the second half…. But I do think the Dragons will win comfortably. Go get em GREEN!! 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉 🐉

WJ-OSU-STEELERS
Waterboy

Post by WJ-OSU-STEELERS »

I believe Fairland will put a running clock on Worthington Christian, I would be shocked if the game isn’t a running clock. I just disagreed with the one poster stating Fairland had a big advantage regarding coaching. I believe Worthington Christian coach Hartings has done a good job at a predominantly basketball school where they simply do not put the same emphasis into the football program. I’m sure the Fairland coaching staff is very good but the credentials of Coach Hartings leads me to believe that Hartings will not be out coached, that’s why I stated the difference in this game will be the Jimmy’s and the Joe’s and not the X’s and O’s.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Yep, and Hartings voted ff around 8 or 9th in the region last year. Showed his true knowledge of hs football. Fairland by alot tonight. WC is not good and has beaten absolutely noone

CAT22
Riding the Bench

Post by CAT22 »

Fairland is not performing to their best ability, tied 14-14 at end of first quarter

Dragonsbreath12
Riding the Bench

Post by Dragonsbreath12 »

Fairland 28-14 halftime.

Haj005
Waterboy

Post by Haj005 »

Ff3233 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:02 pm
Yep, and Hartings voted ff around 8 or 9th in the region last year. Showed his true knowledge of hs football. Fairland by alot tonight. WC is not good and has beaten absolutely noone
^
This tells you all you need to know about Hartings! Not a smart man

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

update?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

35-14 Fairland 3rd

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Dragonsbreath12
Riding the Bench

Post by Dragonsbreath12 »

After a safety, WAC tries and onside kick and Hunt from fairland returns it for a TD 44-21 Fairland.

CAT22
Riding the Bench

Post by CAT22 »

58-28 final

Personal Foul
Riding the Bench

Post by Personal Foul »

CAT22 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:49 pm58-28 final
Kept my running clock prediction some what right. Closer first half than I thought but on to the next one

Return to “Football”