Post by Roy Mcavoy »

If Trimble takes care of the ball I think they go up to Howard and win

Greatest 12 in US Open History
Personal Foul
Riding the Bench

Re: Week 12: Trimble @ East Knox

Post by Personal Foul »

Savin Davey wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:13 pm
Teufelhunden wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:39 pm This is that time of year when Phat Phil from Walnut Hill opens up the playbook a bit. You never know what he'll come up with. I've heard rumors of the Avalanche making a resurgence as well as the swinging gate. If I was East Knox I'd add an hour or so per day and devote that to defensing trick plays. :mrgreen:
Rest assured that EK has received plenty of game films, scouting reports and a list of every "trick play" that "Phat Phil" has ever dreamed up. Now, what they do with that information is up to them. But they shouldn't be caught off guard on anything if they just use what they've been given. :mrgreen:
Don’t think anybody at trimble would care much. East Knox can predict guess assume know be told the play doesn’t matter. If they aren’t physical with the cats it won’t matter. If they are physical then they will probably win. If not then Trimble can win

Enforcer
Freshman Team

Post by Enforcer »

Can someone please tell Me what to expect from E.K? Do the like to pass or run? How is their stadium, Lots of seating, And field, Grass or turf

Roy Mcavoy
Freshman Team

Post by Roy Mcavoy »

Enforcer wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:56 am Can someone please tell Me what to expect from E.K? Do the like to pass or run? How is their stadium, Lots of seating, And field, Grass or turf
Grass field. The threw the ball 15 times against Eastern last week

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

Enforcer wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:56 am Can someone please tell Me what to expect from E.K? Do the like to pass or run? How is their stadium, Lots of seating, And field, Grass or turf
I would say seating is average for a d7 school.

Quite a bit of parking lot on west side of stadium or can try and side street park in howard on east side.

Savin Davey
Waterboy

Post by Savin Davey »

Personal Foul wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:38 pm
Teufelhunden wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:39 pm This is that time of year when Phat Phil from Walnut Hill opens up the playbook a bit. You never know what he'll come up with. I've heard rumors of the Avalanche making a resurgence as well as the swinging gate. If I was East Knox I'd add an hour or so per day and devote that to defensing trick plays. :mrgreen:
Rest assured that EK has received plenty of game films, scouting reports and a list of every "trick play" that "Phat Phil" has ever dreamed up. Now, what they do with that information is up to them. But they shouldn't be caught off guard on anything if they just use what they've been given. :mrgreen:
Don’t think anybody at trimble would care much. East Knox can predict guess assume know be told the play doesn’t matter. If they aren’t physical with the cats it won’t matter. If they are physical then they will probably win. If not then Trimble can win
So, are you saying JM and FF were more "physical" when they played them? I know NY was "physical" with them.

Personal Foul
Riding the Bench

Post by Personal Foul »

Savin Davey wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:37 am

So, are you saying JM and FF were more "physical" when they played them? I know NY was "physical" with them.
I would say, yes. JM cats got behind and used physicality to get back in the game but fell short. Fort Frye just dominated up front with physicality just on another level in general. Yes NY was physical and is a physical team hence the domination over centerburg. If east Knox is not I can see Trimble handling them. If east Knox is then it’ll be a good game. Trimble seems to excel when they can impose their will with downhill running same with NY. If east Knox matches that at the point of attack Trimble will be in for it. If east Knox cowers to the physical play then Trimble will wear them down. I’ve seen both play, 1st quarter will tell a lot

Personal Foul
Riding the Bench

Post by Personal Foul »

IMO east Knox is probably the better team and playing at home should win this one. But if they let #7 and #20 set the tone then Trimble will have a good chance in the upset

koondoger
JV Team

Post by koondoger »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Retirement life is the greatest! That's how teh koondoger sees it! Selling cars ain't too bad neither. :mrgreen:
Lakers23
Riding the Bench

Post by Lakers23 »

No turn overs and less flags this week Trimble will be fine.Trimble also needs to have good pass coverage because I believe they can control the run game if not this could be a shoot out.East Knox isn’t going to stop Trimble from scoring.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

If the cats are on Ek will have to get Busy Phil gets them guessing I can see cats by a td or 2

Glousterite
Freshman Team

Post by Glousterite »

Tall task for the Cats. I’m sure they are up for it!

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
Tow Head
Freshman Team

Post by Tow Head »

Personal Foul wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:11 am

I would say, yes. JM cats got behind and used physicality to get back in the game but fell short. Fort Frye just dominated up front with physicality just on another level in general. Yes NY was physical and is a physical team hence the domination over centerburg. If east Knox is not I can see Trimble handling them. If east Knox is then it’ll be a good game. Trimble seems to excel when they can impose their will with downhill running same with NY. If east Knox matches that at the point of attack Trimble will be in for it. If east Knox cowers to the physical play then Trimble will wear them down. I’ve seen both play, 1st quarter will tell a lot
Boy I hope your right because if alls it takes is being physical the Cats will beat the brakes off of them.

meatswinger
JV Team

Post by meatswinger »

Tow Head wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:27 pm

Boy I hope your right because if alls it takes is being physical the Cats will beat the brakes off of them.
If I've learned one thing about coach Ferris recently it's that he's learned to take it easy on his lesser opponents so he will keep the score down if at all possible.

Personal Foul
Riding the Bench

Post by Personal Foul »

if east knox matches physicality then trimble will have their hands full. if trimble can get downhill early and often that will be there best chance to win

Tow Head
Freshman Team

Post by Tow Head »

Personal Foul wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:01 pm

if east knox matches physicality then trimble will have their hands full. if trimble can get downhill early and often that will be there best chance to win
To be honest I don't think this game will be close. I think the Cats will take care of business and put them away early. Could be wrong but thats' what I think. One thing for sure if they thought Eastern was physical they won't want to see when the Cats bring the wood.

ReedsvilleEaglesFan
Freshman Team

Post by ReedsvilleEaglesFan »

EK does not like getting hit. Too bad our coaches can't call any kind of offense nor did we tackle very well or we could have been right in the game. Not sure who calls the plays but whoever it is needs some help. EK can score though if you don't tackle well and we didn't. But the few times we lit them up they did not respond well.

Steegal
Freshman Team

Post by Steegal »

meatswinger wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:55 pm

If I've learned one thing about coach Ferris recently it's that he's learned to take it easy on his lesser opponents so he will keep the score down if at all possible.
I noticed you said "recently." I noticed too right after he suffered a beat down by Fort Frye that could have been much, much worse if the FF coach had wanted it to be. Ferris had to know that and probably learned a valuable lesson from it. This week, well they're outside the comforts of SEO and the Hocking, soooo.... :ugeek:

Steelers - Blue Devils - Eagles
Superman
JV Team

Post by Superman »

Steegal wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:26 pm
meatswinger wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:55 pm

I noticed you said "recently." I noticed too right after he suffered a beat down by Fort Frye that could have been much, much worse if the FF coach had wanted it to be. Ferris had to know that and probably learned a valuable lesson from it. This week, well they're outside the comforts of SEO and the Hocking, soooo.... :ugeek:
It's Faires. Put some respect on the Goat's name.

Roy Mcavoy
Freshman Team

Post by Roy Mcavoy »

This thread got cold quick. Calpreps has it 28-22 East Knox. I have it 27-20 Trimble

Return to “Football”