Jackson 17 Eastmoor Academy 6 2021 Playoffs

Ironmannut07
Varsity

Jackson 17 Eastmoor Academy 6 2021 Playoffs

Post by Ironmannut07 »

I didn’t see a thread up for this one yet.

Jackson is coming of a fairly dominant round one against Columbus south. Not sure what Eastmoor is bringing to the hill this Friday but it should be much stiffer competition than last week. Go Ironmen!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Week 12 round 2 Eastmoor @ Jackson

Post by Ironman92 »

I think if Jackson plays well they win by 14….turnovers, lack of discipline and penalties could make it interesting.

I said it last week and will repeat….we have big time seniors with a ton of big game experience. Be big again and keep building the legacy. No one should want this more than you guys. Good luck

3rd String
Freshman Team

Post by 3rd String »

Jackson avg. 38 ppg and allows 12 ppg
Eastmoor avg. 33 ppg and allows 18ppg

Jackson 35 Eastmoore 21

Not sold on Eastmoor's ability to stop the run, allowing 22 points vs. South

Jimbob2023
Riding the Bench

Post by Jimbob2023 »

3rd String wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:51 am Jackson avg. 38 ppg and allows 12 ppg

Jackson 35 Eastmoore 21

Eastmoor allowed Col South to score 22 points on them?
If so, then yeah, I’ll take Jackson by 28 plus.

3rd String
Freshman Team

Post by 3rd String »

Jimbob2023 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:30 am
3rd String wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:51 am Jackson avg. 38 ppg and allows 12 ppg

Jackson 35 Eastmoore 21

Eastmoor defeated South by a score of 40-22. I assume one of those TD may have been by the JV

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Jimbob2023 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:30 am

Jackson 35 Eastmoore 21

Agreed 💯. Defense is too good and Jackson finally has a balanced offense . They can run it or pass it, pick your poison.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Jackson 37 Eastmoor 16. Jackson is WAY too physical just take care of the ball and keep the penalties low and stay healthy of course!

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

Looks like the Ironmen are really rolling. Winters seems to be getting better and better. I remember being at their playoff game vs Johnathan Alder two years ago and Jackson was a struggle on offense but then the young Winters came in and threw a beautiful long TD pass but then I’m not sure that he got back in for any more throws. He must be comfortable back there now because what I’ve seen, he’s been great. I think Jackson takes this game. I’m rooting for our FAC friends, keep representing.

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

Jackson 28-7. Jackson will be too physical on both sides of the ball.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Ed Ott wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:52 pm Looks like the Ironmen are really rolling. Winters seems to be getting better and better. I remember being at their playoff game vs Johnathan Alder two years ago and Jackson was a struggle on offense but then the young Winters came in and threw a beautiful long TD pass but then I’m not sure that he got back in for any more throws. He must be comfortable back there now because what I’ve seen, he’s been great. I think Jackson takes this game. I’m rooting for our FAC friends, keep representing.
That was a strong Jackson team, excellent defense , very strong run game, but this team can do both and that why it’s so hard to stop a balanced team.

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

I like Jackson’s chances in this one. Their defense has remained solid and their offense has came alive. One thing that has killed Jackson in the past come playoff time is the inability to offset the opposing defense with a passing attack. It looks like we have that this year. I’m very excited to see how far we can take this thing. One game at a time though.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

This team has improved and done things well. This is becoming one of my favorite Ironmen teams and the coaching staff is fixing seemingly all issues. I’ve never been more co ident in our special teams. The defense is always greatly prepared and the offense is mixing things up and using several targets. I love the early season schedule to prep and challenge them and I like how the next guys in have gotten many many meaningful reps and are now nice parts of this team and I’ve never seen a Jackson team with more players that actually have a role.

The chance is there guys…keep it up!

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

This is the most playoff ready Jackson team I can remember seeing. By playing Ironton, Western Brown, and Wheelersburg, they have faced a high level passing attack with a top notch QB, and they've faced 2 quality defenses and running attacks. Sometimes the best prepared teams are not always the undefeated ones. When it's all said and done, this could be the team that wins the region.

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:49 pm This is the most playoff ready Jackson team I can remember seeing. By playing Ironton, Western Brown, and Wheelersburg, they have faced a high level passing attack with a top notch QB, and they've faced 2 quality defenses and running attacks. Sometimes the best prepared teams are not always the undefeated ones. When it's all said and done, this could be the team that wins the region.
I agree. I think a tough non conference schedule is the way to do it every year. You may have a couple bumps in the road early in the year but I think it pays off immensely for later on in the season.

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

Ironmen34 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:55 pm
Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:49 pm This is the most playoff ready Jackson team I can remember seeing. By playing Ironton, Western Brown, and Wheelersburg, they have faced a high level passing attack with a top notch QB, and they've faced 2 quality defenses and running attacks. Sometimes the best prepared teams are not always the undefeated ones. When it's all said and done, this could be the team that wins the region.
I agree. I think a tough non conference schedule is the way to do it every year. You may have a couple bumps in the road early in the year but I think it pays off immensely for later on in the season. And I know you can sit and play the what if game all day long but if a couple plays go our way in the ironton and WB games, this team could very easily be undefeated.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Agree 💯 , however the biggest difference is the play of the quarterback position.

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

I agree. I think a tough non conference schedule is the way to do it every year. You may have a couple bumps in the road early in the year but I think it pays off immensely for later on in the season.

Yep I agree! This would be my strategy every year as long as 16 teams makes the playoffs. When it was only 4, it made no sense, when it was 8 you still had to be cautious, but with 16, I say play them all.

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:59 pm

Yep I agree! This would be my strategy every year as long as 16 teams makes the playoffs. When it was only 4, it made no sense, when it was 8 you still had to be cautious, but with 16 I say play them all.
And if you play some monsters the first 5 weeks and you finish 2-3 and you learn a lot about your team and what you need to improve, that may be more beneficial for your team than being 5-0 and not being challenged. Undefeated seasons and white jackets are nice like you said but some regional championships would look pretty good in the trophy cases too

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Ironmen34 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:10 pm
Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:59 pm

Yep I agree! This would be my strategy every year as long as 16 teams makes the playoffs. When it was only 4, it made no sense, when it was 8 you still had to be cautious, but with 16 I say play them all.
And if you play some monsters the first 5 weeks and you finish 2-3 and you learn a lot about your team and what you need to improve, that may be more beneficial for your team than being 5-0 and not being challenged. Undefeated seasons and white jackets are nice like you said but some regional championships would look pretty good in the trophy cases too
I'll take playoff wins over perfect regular seasons anytime! I remember a 6-3 Ironton team ( #8 seed ) in 1999 that marched all the way to a state championship game. This Jackson squad reminds me of that team. Very good run defense, and has the ability to score enough points to win. Pass defense was the weakness.

ironmenfan012
Waterboy

Post by ironmenfan012 »

I have Jackson winning and then playing western brown next week in the regional semifinal at Miami trace and Jackson getting revenge on western brown so that they go to the regional championship. I see this jackson team being an contender in the division 3 this year for state this maybe the best jackson team I have ever saw. Only thing I have saw that they could do better is to clean up the penalties on the line with the holding and offsides but other than that they have played really good and grant mastin has went off on Defense and so has Xander karagosian that just came to Jackson from Alexander but he came into the program and fit right in

Return to “Football”