Bishop Hartley....THE REAL DEAL

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Bishop Hartley....THE REAL DEAL

Post by greygoose »

JohnBlaze33 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:34 pm
greygoose wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:32 pm
JohnBlaze33 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:27 pm

Coach lmao. Again my guy, I was intersted in having a semi succesfull and healthy existence and thankfully so were my folks once upon a time cause their 1st step way back when I was a kid was leaving SEO in the rear view. Ya gonna have to work a lil harder to divert from the facts I share.
Come on man hug it out.....you have to know from a psychological standpoint nothing is ever left in the rear view mirror especially when it's discussed so much by a 40 year old you left as a kid. Let it out brother....
I enjoy how easy seo egos can be bruised. Watch I'll get banned later. 😂
Ah, now at that point we're talking about bullying. Which is another skeleton in the closet, we are getting somewhere for sure.

Hawkcaulker9
Waterboy

Post by Hawkcaulker9 »

jose12 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:36 am mt1fan: kind of blowing this up a little? Best offer for #9 is MAC schools
I’ll blow this up, he has 8 offers;
Air Force
Army
Brown
Dartmouth
Penn
Bucknell
Kent State
Youngstown State
I’d say he’s a pretty good student as well as a terrific football player.

jose12
Waterboy

Post by jose12 »

Hawkcaulker9 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:48 pm
jose12 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:36 am mt1fan: kind of blowing this up a little? Best offer for #9 is MAC schools
Air Force
Army
Brown
Dartmouth
Penn
Bucknell
Kent State
Youngstown State
Those are all powerhouses-----didn't say the kid isn't good but MTFAN1 posted like he was the next Henderson

mt1fan
Freshman Team

Post by mt1fan »

jose12 wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:16 am
Air Force
Army
Brown
Dartmouth
Penn
Bucknell
Kent State
Youngstown State
Those are all powerhouses-----didn't say the kid isn't good but MTFAN1 posted like he was the next Henderson

Take a look. The dude can do it all. Name a defense in SEO that could contain speed like that.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

mt1fan wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:14 am

Air Force
Army
Brown
Dartmouth
Penn
Bucknell
Kent State
Youngstown State

Take a look. The dude can do it all. Name a defense in SEO that could contain speed like that.
Ironton contained the 2 fastest guys in the state week 4 against Moeller. Held them to 25 pts. That Moeller offense had 5 kids with D1 offers.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Hartley is probably too small to stop Chardon. They should go back to back state titles

mt1fan
Freshman Team

Post by mt1fan »

XandOs wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:20 am
mt1fan wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:14 am

Ironton contained the 2 fastest guys in the state week 4 against Moeller. Held them to 25 pts. That Moeller offense had 5 kids with D1 offers.
how many yards and tds?

sapientia et veritas
Freshman Team

Post by sapientia et veritas »

scott1297 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:00 amIf Hartley is the real deal then how come they had trouble beating a D-V Harvest Prep I mean is Prep that good? I haven't seen either of them play
It's a tradition to play poorly in August. The line splits are narrow and movements are complicated. Takes a couple weeks to gel and not run into each other.

sapientia et veritas
Freshman Team

formerfcfan wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:51 pmI take less issue with the fact Hartley does it, personally. I attribute it to the Diocese of Columbus: they greenlit it. They're behind it.
It was part of the horse trade for DeSales being able to steal half of St Matts and Ready being able to steal half of St. Marys to stem their plummeting enrollments. Prior to that, Pickerington kids were told at St Pius that their only choice was Fisher unless mom or dad were Hartley alumni.

sapientia et veritas
Freshman Team

teach1coach2 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:43 pma school that puts up a tent at the biddy league games of public schools to recruit future players
That was one dad, not the school. And the AD specifically told him to cease and desist, and he did. And they put him on the athletic board and school board to make it stick.

sapientia et veritas
Freshman Team

veer wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:18 pmClinton Massie got past Hartley more than once. It is possible for a public school without recruiting to beat these teams...but it takes
A solid strength program and good coaching. Play physical in the middle and keep contain, and the Hartley offense is slow and boring and takes 8 minutes to plod out a drive. In DIII, you just pass to tall receivers and wait for the PI calls to roll in.

sapientia et veritas
Freshman Team

greygoose wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:23 amWell of course, best athletes money can buy if they're not fielding that type of team they're not recruiting right.
Hartley has no endowment. Their big annual fundraiser generates about $100K for scholarships. It all goes to nerds. Some of them might be athletes, but the selection committee for years was a goofy old lady who knew nothing about sports and would cheer when Hartley fumbled because she thought fumbles were good. Vouchers peaked at 5-8 for class before the math failed. The school doesn't generate enough extra cash to fund the loss and full payers are vocal about not tolerating it. And it failed prior to the state championship football team.

sapientia et veritas
Freshman Team

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:24 pmI find it funny that Hartley was DV just a few years ago and now they are DIII!!!!
They were one of the highest enrollments in D-V those years. School enrollments at Hartley haven't changed much in the last 10 years. Slight growth every year while the other Columbus Catholics are losing every year. They'll be back in D-IV next season when the special CCL rule goes into effect. Most of the +n kids are feeder school kids and will be +0 next year. Looking forward to a game in my backyard against Bloom Carroll maybe.

sapientia et veritas
Freshman Team

teach1coach2 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:43 pmEnjoyed watching Tri-Valley beat Hartley in 2017 playoffs. Really enjoy watching their coach still whine about the loss.
Watch the film. There was no ineligible receiver downfield. Joke of a call.

sapientia et veritas
Freshman Team

Abe Froman wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:17 pm Hopefully the poster known as Sapientia Et Veritas will see this thread and hop on with some insight into Hartley and Region 11 as he sees it. A Hartley guy that is objective and knowledgeable about that program year in and year out. Be interesting to see how he sees the Region going and his thoughts on Granville.

He usually appears about this time of year when Hartley starts to play potentially some SE Ohio teams. Solid poster.
Thanks. Granville is done without Crouch. I've been saying Hartley v Jackson in the regional finals since the beginning of the season. Funny that the bracket makes that possible. Lot of respect for them, and I'm good friends with a former player. I'm hoping to be able to talk all kinds of smack.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

sapientia et veritas wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:57 pm
greygoose wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:23 amWell of course, best athletes money can buy if they're not fielding that type of team they're not recruiting right.
Hartley has no endowment. Their big annual fundraiser generates about $100K for scholarships. It all goes to nerds. Some of them might be athletes, but the selection committee for years was a goofy old lady who knew nothing about sports and would cheer when Hartley fumbled because she thought fumbles were good. Vouchers peaked at 5-8 for class before the math failed. The school doesn't generate enough extra cash to fund the loss and full payers are vocal about not tolerating it. And it failed prior to the state championship football team.
Oh I'm sure everything is 100% on the up and up and nothing shady goes on ;) ;)

sapientia et veritas
Freshman Team

greygoose wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:39 amAlso the Harvest Prep coach come out and said exactly how he goes about finding players he needs.
Milan Smith is a colorful character and a dapper dresser. I love coaches who have some style on the sideline. I also love fat slobs in hoodies like Dan McSurley and Brad Burchfield who field teams that punch other people in the mouth. A lot of what Coach Smith says is comical, self-serving PR. His school is located about a mile from Pick Central's western edge. Nobody can recruit against that machine.

sapientia et veritas
Freshman Team

eagles73Taylor wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:33 am BISHOP HARTLEY
COLUMBUS
69 competitive balance number.
Will drop into the teens or twenties next season due to new CCL exception. DeSales (St Francis de Olentangy) will not.

sapientia et veritas
Freshman Team

formerfcfan wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:24 pmWhat you wrote isn’t the formula that OHSAA has said applies to Hartley, as they fall under the “Diocese of Columbus exception.”
As noted earlier, an exception for tiering non-public school students who attend a school within the Diocese of Columbus is in place. The Diocese shall be required to submit to the OHSAA Office the attendance zones for their schools.
• If the student attended the same system of education continuously since the beginning of 7th grade and if the student and at least one parent currently resides within the assigned attendance zone, the student shall be Tier 0.
• If the student attended the same system of education continuously since the beginning of 7th grade but the student and at least one parent currently resides outside the assigned attendance zone, the student shall be Tier 1.
• If the student did not attend the same system of education continuously since the start of 7th grade, the student shall be Tier 2.
Impacting calculations next season for the first time since the rule went into effect.

sapientia et veritas
Freshman Team

eagles73Taylor wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:31 pmHow did the Cbus diocese pull that off! lol
OHSAA said CBP was about geographical boundaries. CBUS Diocese said we do and proved they have them. No way OHSAA could ignore its own BS.

Return to “Football”