Bishop Hartley....THE REAL DEAL

mt1fan
Freshman Team

Bishop Hartley....THE REAL DEAL

Post by mt1fan »

Hartley has 3 of the most explosive running backs I've seen in a while. Their speed and agility is second to none. Their QB has good pocket presence and can sling the rock downfield on a dime. Up front they have a solid line with size and they play nasty, will impose their will on anyone.

Defensively they are extremely skilled on the outside with tons of speed. They have three linebackers that fill with authority and will head hunt you, (similar to some SEO teams). Defensive line is the same, big fast and nasty. If you have an average oline they will dominate you.

Key playmaker: Treyvhon Saunders #9 runs a 4.38 40 and has 11 D1 Offers.

I look for them to destroy London this week and then upset Granville. They will run away with region 11. Too much speed to contain.

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Bishop Hartley....THE REAL DEAL

Post by greygoose »

mt1fan wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:18 am Hartley has 3 of the most explosive running backs I've seen in a while. Their speed and agility is second to none. Their QB has good pocket presence and can sling the rock downfield on a dime. Up front they have a solid line with size and they play nasty, will impose their will on anyone.

Defensively they are extremely skilled on the outside with tons of speed. They have three linebackers that fill with authority and will head hunt you, (similar to some SEO teams). Defensive line is the same, big fast and nasty. If you have an average oline they will dominate you.

I look for them to destroy London this week and then upset Granville. They will run away with region 11. Too much speed to contain.
Well of course, best athletes money can buy if they're not fielding that type of team they're not recruiting right. That's just simple facts, much like the Harvest Prep coach saying if he needs a position he just goes into the stats in the Columbus area and looks at the top players and offers them a scholarship to HP.

mt1fan
Freshman Team

Post by mt1fan »

greygoose wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:23 am
mt1fan wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:18 am Hartley has 3 of the most explosive running backs I've seen in a while. Their speed and agility is second to none. Their QB has good pocket presence and can sling the rock downfield on a dime. Up front they have a solid line with size and they play nasty, will impose their will on anyone.

Well of course, best athletes money can buy if they're not fielding that type of team they're not recruiting right. That's just simple facts, much like the Harvest Prep coach saying if he needs a position he just goes into the stats in the Columbus area and looks at the top players and offers them a scholarship to HP.
At what point is enough enough? The OHSAA allows it. I think they should be moved into their own division.

jose12
Waterboy

Post by jose12 »

mt1fan: kind of blowing this up a little? Best offer for #9 is MAC schools

OVCFan1
Freshman Team

Post by OVCFan1 »

LOL Come on!! All the teams that are the best in Southern Ohio do the same thing! And they are public schools that are doing it. Look at all the new faces each year at Ironton, Fairland. You have Portsmouth in basketball. Rock Hill Girls basketball with a new bunch of girls. South Point boys has new faces in it's boys basketball team this year. Everyone knows the kids at New Boston were school jumpers and the Burg has navigated the system for decades. The OHSAA has made it as easy as possible for all schools, private and public, to just go out and find the kids you are looking for, they can fill out a bully paper, a paper that says they are homeless and many other ways to get kids into your program.

Really what the OHSAA needs to do now is go ahead and develop a state wide transfer portal and help everyone out; it obviously an accepted practice now so make it easy for kids to find their new homes...

mt1fan
Freshman Team

Post by mt1fan »

OVCFan1 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:10 am LOL Come on!! All the teams that are the best in Southern Ohio do the same thing! And they are public schools that are doing it. Look at all the new faces each year at Ironton, Fairland. You have Portsmouth in basketball. Rock Hill Girls basketball with a new bunch of girls. South Point boys has new faces in it's boys basketball team this year. Everyone knows the kids at New Boston were school jumpers and the Burg has navigated the system for decades. The OHSAA has made it as easy as possible for all schools, private and public, to just go out and find the kids you are looking for, they can fill out a bully paper, a paper that says they are homeless and many other ways to get kids into your program.

Really what the OHSAA needs to do now is go ahead and develop a state wide transfer portal and help everyone out; it obviously an accepted practice now so make it easy for kids to find their new homes...
A transfer portal would destroy HS sports.

veer
Freshman Team

Post by veer »

mt1fan wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:30 am

At what point is enough enough? The OHSAA allows it. I think they should be moved into their own division.
Clinton Massie got past Hartley more than once. It is possible for a public school without recruiting to beat these teams...but it takes 15-20+ kids in each class that grind day in and day out every year from freshman year to senior year. MT had a fantastic season, but they are not on the level of a regional final team in region 11 with or without catholic schools being in the same bracket. No need to try to point the finger because of a playoff loss...simply get better.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

I find it funny that Hartley was DV just a few years ago and now they are DIII!!!!

That CB number must be off the chart. I remember when Burg played up there we were talking to the two guys taking tickets and they were not happy with how athletes were being brought into the school and having their tuition paid for by boosters. They thought the coach was shady as all get out

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:24 pm I find it funny that Hartley was DV just a few years ago and now they are DIII!!!!

That CB number must be off the chart. I remember when Burg played up there we were talking to the two guys taking tickets and they were not happy with how athletes were being brought into the school and having their tuition paid for by boosters. They thought the coach was shady as all get out
Yep and Harvest Prep was a DVII one year and jumped to a DV the next.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

greygoose wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:58 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:24 pm I find it funny that Hartley was DV just a few years ago and now they are DIII!!!!

Yep and Harvest Prep was a DVII one year and jumped to a DV the next.

Sad that it is allowed to happen. We all know some teams bring in players but never to the point it changes them two whole divisions!!!!!!

That is just absurd!!!!!!

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

It goes both ways sometimes look how fast Glenville went from D1 to D4 kind of crazy

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

Amen.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Granville might not be there to play them as Desales has a shot to knock off Granville Friday night

A key player is out for Granville for the rest of the year.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

Enjoyed watching Tri-Valley beat Hartley in 2017 playoffs. Really enjoy watching their coach still whine about the loss. Ended the 3 year title run. Hard to do that on a consistent basis against a school that puts up a tent at the biddy league games of public schools to recruit future players. Public schools have to develop kids even if a few open enrollment kids come along. I'm all for 5 public school divisions and 2 private school divisions. Of course, if that ever occurred the privates would start their own state organization.

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

LucasDavenport wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:17 pm Granville might not be there to play them as Desales has a shot to knock off Granville Friday night

A key player is out for Granville for the rest of the year.
What was Crouch's injury?

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

I hear ACL

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

JohnBlaze33 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:15 pm

Or maybe teach the seo kids how to NOT be their punching bags for once OR admit ya kids aint got the same talent.

Which is it?
Your odd fascination / disdain for all things “seo” gives you away every time…then your use of “ya” just confirms it lol

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

The real deal ? Yep I'd say they are, but i don't think they'll win the region this year.

mt1fan
Freshman Team

Post by mt1fan »

veer wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:18 pm

Clinton Massie got past Hartley more than once. It is possible for a public school without recruiting to beat these teams...but it takes 15-20+ kids in each class that grind day in and day out every year from freshman year to senior year. MT had a fantastic season, but they are not on the level of a regional final team in region 11 with or without catholic schools being in the same bracket. No need to try to point the finger because of a playoff loss...simply get better.
No one pointing the finger here. Dont worry, MT reloads next season.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

If Hartley is the real deal then how come they had trouble beating a D-V Harvest Prep I mean is Prep that good? I haven't seen either of them play

Burg grad 85

Return to “Football”