Thoughts for expanded SVC

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Thoughts for expanded SVC

Post by greygoose »

Dundas wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:45 pm
MadeInRossCounty wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:15 pm
Dundas wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:10 pm

Waverly is the same size as VC. D4 in football and 2 in basketball (I believe). Eastern Pike would be in line with PV, Huntington, SE, plus they are a border school to the current SVC. Greenfield would mirror Waverly and VC size wise.
But Waverly is Pike County, that's only benefit. Zane Trace, Adena, Huntington, Westfall, Piketon, SE, PV all smaller than Unioto. Unioto is our only D2, no school would vote to bring in another one. You would have to know the inner workings of the SVC to understand the pride in all the Davids chasing Goliath.
What would be your top 3 to replace westfall? Or would the svc think to add enough to expand to a big/small school conference. Most conferences around seo have at least a big and small. The msl has multiple divisions.
Northwest, Lucasville Valley or no one get out of that 7 conference games. I believe for Northwest and SVC both that's just a good match.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Westfall is not going to the Mid State. They could not compete in most sports with Bloom-Carroll, Amanda, Logan Elm and Liberty Union. Hamilton Township and Fairfield Union are way bigger than them. Circleville is down now, but will return.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Dundas wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:11 pm Also, western pike would be another option but they don’t offer football. I guess if Westfall was out, Northwest wouldn’t be too far out for a conference member either. Honestly, with the size and competition balance, NW may be the best option.
Svc would be a good fit for Northwest.

The Exile
Riding the Bench

Post by The Exile »

As an alum of Amanda-Clearcreek, I have LONG been an advocate of Westfall to the MSL-Buckeye should Teays Valley leave (I actually would have preferred them to Liberty Union when Canal Winchester left years ago). They play two schools in every sport every year already (Logan Elm, Circleville) and play A-C in everything but football every year. The travel would be as good/a bit better than the SVC. While in the SE District, Westfall is also a "Central Ohio" school geographically (in a county adjacent to Franklin County) and would get more central OH attention in the MSL than they do in the SVC. I don't think this matters as much any more with the decline in newspapers/readership, but coverage in the Dispatch (and on Columbus TV stations) used to be a bit of a motivator to be in a "local" conference. They will still get good coverage in the Circleville Herald regardless (A-C has gotten much better coverage in the Herald than the Lancaster paper for decades, so thanks Herald/bman!). I would also speculate that many parents work in the Columbus area and getting to away games in the MSL may be a bit easier after work.
In terms of competition, clearly Westfall's football success has fallen off the map in recent years. However, many programs in the MSL-B can say the same. LE, CV, and FU have struggled in recent years for the most part. LU, AC, and HT are very up and down recently. Bloom-Carroll is quite good in many sports (including football), but all league teams struggle with them in those sports, so Westfall wouldn't be much different in that respect. Westfall would be a fit size-wise if TV is gone (4 D IV, 3 D V, and HT in D III). I don't live locally anymore, so I don't know the status of Westfall's other sports programs so won't opine on whether they can compete.
I have no insight into this rumor of Westfall moving other than secondhand through a relative who is friends with a person "in the know" in a MSL-B district. He says that talks have happened off and on for years with Westfall and continue should a spot open. No idea of the accuracy (or level of interest on Westfall's end) as I didn't talk to the person directly myself. We shall see I suppose.

jose12
Waterboy

Post by jose12 »

Mark it down --if there was to be expansion it would be merging with the FAC. Almost happened when the FAC was formed-still seeing this happen sooner than later

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

jose12 wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:43 am Mark it down --if there was to be expansion it would be merging with the FAC. Almost happened when the FAC was formed-still seeing this happen sooner than later
Are you saying the FAC and SVC would merge??

jose12
Waterboy

Post by jose12 »

greygoose wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:51 am
jose12 wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:43 am Mark it down --if there was to be expansion it would be merging with the FAC. Almost happened when the FAC was formed-still seeing this happen sooner than later
YES big issue before was Unioto dslike for Chillicothe

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

jose12 wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:01 am
Oh no there's way more issues than that, who in the SVC is going to compete with Chilicothe and Jackson?? Let's not forget that Miami Trace is coming on as well.

jose12
Waterboy

Post by jose12 »

greygoose wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:07 am

Oh no there's way more issues than that, who in the SVC is going to compete with Chilicothe and Jackson?? Let's not forget that Miami Trace is coming on as well.
Maybe Jackson and Chillicothe wouldn't be involved

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

jose12 wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:09 am

?? So you're going to merge the SVC and FAC but you're going to tell 2 teams in the FAC sorry man no room in the INN for you?? Yeah that's not how that works man, just proving how a merger like that couldn't happen.

jose12
Waterboy

Post by jose12 »

greygoose wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:19 am

?? So you're going to merge the SVC and FAC but you're going to tell 2 teams in the FAC sorry man no room in the INN for you?? Yeah that's not how that works man, just proving how a merger like that couldn't happen.
lol ok we shall see ask Massie and Wilmington that's not how it works. Trust me-I know a lot more than you think you do

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

jose12 wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:24 am

lol ok we shall see ask Massie and Wilmington that's not how it works. Trust me-I know a lot more than you think you do
Dude the fact that you talked about merging 2 leagues and then mention leaving 2 of the teams out of it tells me all I need to know in terms of me trusting what you "know". At that point you're telling the FAC to kick Chillicothe and Jackson out.

jose12
Waterboy

Post by jose12 »

greygoose wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:27 am

Dude the fact that you talked about merging 2 leagues and then mention leaving 2 of the teams out of it tells me all I need to know in terms of me trusting what you "know".
I'm not your dude--you can think you know all but you don't. Like I said ask Wilm and Massie if they were aware they were being left out of the new league when it was formed. The initial league was going to be be with SVC schools but it fell apart because of one school not wanting any part of Chillicothe and Jackson, so yes there could be some rekindling especially if Westfall would bail. Not saying it is going to happen soon but very possible in the future. The SVC is not going to merge with Waverly or any other southern schools.

mt1fan
Freshman Team

Post by mt1fan »

Dundas wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:59 pm
smurray wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:00 pm
eagles73Taylor wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:04 pm

Mid State Buckeye league replacing Teays Valley is the rumor I heard. Teays is now D II in football. They are moving out of the Buckeye in a few years.
Exactly what I heard.
If Westfall left, who would the svc target as a member? Logan Elm? McClain? Waverly? Eastern Pike? Vinton County? Not sure what other school would fit geographically.
Miami Trace and Washington Court House would fit perfectly in the SVC. I've said this for years. It would make the league more competitive across the board.

mt1fan
Freshman Team

Post by mt1fan »

Lets break it down, If you remove Westfall and Add Miami Trace and WCH... Maybe add one more team to even it out?

SVC 1
Miami Trace
Washington CH
Unioto
Adena
Zane Trace

SVC 2
Huntington
Southeastern
Piketon
Paint Valley

Lets say FAC merges and leaves Jackson out.

SVC 1
Miami Trace
Washington CH
Unioto
Adena
Zane Trace
Chillicothe

SVC 2
Huntington
Southeastern
Piketon
Paint Valley
McClain
Hillsboro

I like this idea. I think it would be good for all communities involved and maybe even create some new rivalries!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

jose12 wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:34 am
greygoose wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:27 am

Dude the fact that you talked about merging 2 leagues and then mention leaving 2 of the teams out of it tells me all I need to know in terms of me trusting what you "know".
I'm not your dude--you can think you know all but you don't. Like I said ask Wilm and Massie if they were aware they were being left out of the new league when it was formed. The initial league was going to be be with SVC schools but it fell apart because of one school not wanting any part of Chillicothe and Jackson, so yes there could be some rekindling especially if Westfall would bail. Not saying it is going to happen soon but very possible in the future. The SVC is not going to merge with Waverly or any other southern schools.
Thanks buddy, now we're kicking out 2 schools and trying to bring in 2 others from another conference. That's a lot of moving parts you've got dude, Waverly isn't merging with the SVC nor did I ever say they would I actually said it was a terrible idea. However, if you think merging 2 leagues dropping teams out because you don't like them, then trying to add 2 teams from an entirely different team is the idea. Then yeah at that point I guess Waverly would be the easiest move compared to what you've got going on my dude

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

mt1fan wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:52 am Lets break it down, If you remove Westfall and Add Miami Trace and WCH... Maybe add one more team to even it out?

SVC 1
Miami Trace
Washington CH
Unioto
Adena
Zane Trace

SVC 2
Huntington
Southeastern
Piketon
Paint Valley

SVC 1
Miami Trace
Washington CH
Unioto
Adena
Zane Trace
Chillicothe

SVC 2
Huntington
Southeastern
Piketon
Paint Valley
McClain
Hillsboro

I like this idea. I think it would be good for all communities involved and maybe even create some new rivalries!
I wasn't in favor of the FAC when that was being thrown around years ago. The discussions were pretty much, no one in the middle of the pack school size wise in the SVC wants to be in a league where they are the smallest by a pretty big margin every year.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

eagles73Taylor wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:17 am
mt1fan wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:52 am Lets break it down, If you remove Westfall and Add Miami Trace and WCH... Maybe add one more team to even it out?

SVC 1
Miami Trace
Washington CH
Unioto
Adena
Zane Trace

SVC 2
Huntington
Southeastern
Piketon
Paint Valley

SVC 1
Miami Trace
Washington CH
Unioto
Adena
Zane Trace
Chillicothe

SVC 2
Huntington
Southeastern
Piketon
Paint Valley
McClain
Hillsboro

I wasn't in favor of the FAC when that was being thrown around years ago. The discussions were pretty much, no one in the middle of the pack school size wise in the SVC wants to be in a league where they are the smallest by a pretty big margin every year.
BINGO...

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

SVC is strong, I wouldn’t change it

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
jose12
Waterboy

Post by jose12 »

SVC is a good league but wouldn't call it strong. Competitive in most of the sports

Return to “Football”