WK13 Western Brown vs Jackson (rematch)

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: WK13 Western Brown vs Jackson (rematch)

Post by danicalifornia »

greygoose wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:03 am
danicalifornia wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:01 am
greygoose wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:51 pm

Yeah it was later in the play than that, have to see the WB on the ground at one point and where the Jackson player was.
Yep. Winters was about to cross the goal line as it happened. Definitely was not the initial block
That's what I thought, I honestly didn't think it had anything to do with this block which was why I was curious to see the video. Because I remember a WB player getting knocked down around the 10 maybe as he was standing there, or so I thought anyways
It was directly in front of me (I was on the sideline) and I reacted to it because I saw the WB player go down way behind the play and knew that it would get called. I had hoped that Winters had crossed the goal line so that the penalty would be on the kickoff.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

The contact was made on the 12 yard line and he rolled to the 5 as he was still moving that direction and got blocked that direction
Last edited by Ironman92 on Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:06 am
Super unnecessary to make that block, but yeah, shouldn’t have been called. The referee evaluator near the play agreed with the call on the field, but I also talked to one last week who thought literally everything should have been called taunting.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

danicalifornia wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:10 am
Super unnecessary to make that block, but yeah, shouldn’t have been called. The referee evaluator near the play agreed with the call on the field, but I also talked to one last week who thought literally everything should have been called taunting.
Wasn’t anything malicious, or late , or dirty .... was just a block on a defender giving chase on his quarterback. Changed the entire game. Well done ref 👍

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Thanks, yeah given the proximity and initial contact I don't believe block in the back or to late into the play he didn't need to make the hit but at full speed you can see why the WR did. Given they called it a personal foul and as I watch it in slow motion I'm really thinking they called it because of leading with the helmet. In slow motion at the point of contact the kids head is clearly down and his helmet makes first contact and it's up high against the WB players helmet as you can see his head kick off to the side on the initial hit. That's the only thing I'm taking from it simply because it was called Personal Foul. Tough call either way though.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

greygoose wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:13 am
Thanks, yeah given the proximity and initial contact I don't believe block in the back or to late into the play he didn't need to make the hit but at full speed you can see why the WR did. Given they called it a personal foul and as I watch it in slow motion I'm really thinking they called it because of leading with the helmet. In slow motion at the point of contact the kids head is clearly down and his helmet makes first contact and it's up high against the WB players helmet as you can see his head kick off to the side on the initial hit. That's the only thing I'm taking from it simply because it was called Personal Foul.
Wow the side judge sprinting 20 yards behind saw from his angle it was leading with helmet on a block...and he takes a touchdown off the board in week 13 for that. Bullsh@t call , period

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:16 am
Thanks, yeah given the proximity and initial contact I don't believe block in the back or to late into the play he didn't need to make the hit but at full speed you can see why the WR did. Given they called it a personal foul and as I watch it in slow motion I'm really thinking they called it because of leading with the helmet. In slow motion at the point of contact the kids head is clearly down and his helmet makes first contact and it's up high against the WB players helmet as you can see his head kick off to the side on the initial hit. That's the only thing I'm taking from it simply because it was called Personal Foul.
Wow the side judge sprinting 20 yards behind saw from his angle it was leading with helmet on a block...and he takes a touchdown off the board in week 13 for that. Bullsh@t call , period
That's the only way I'm seeing it as personal foul, it's either that or he felt it was to far from the play personal foul which I don't see that as the case. At least not going off of the initial contact. Would be interested to know what they told the coach, because he didn't seem to be putting up a big fight or at least I didn't hear him anyways.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

greygoose wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:18 am

That's the only way I'm seeing it as personal foul, it's either that or he felt it was to far from the play personal foul which I don't see that as the case. At least not going off of the initial contact. Would be interested to know what they told the coach, because he didn't seem to be putting up a big fight or at least I didn't hear him anyways.
Too far from the play, the kid was in pursuit of the quarterback. In game speed ...you think that was malicious?

Hope the side judge reads this. Nice work man.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:20 am

Too far from the play, the kid was in pursuit of the quarterback. In game speed ...you think that was malicious?

No I don't believe there was anything malicious about it, that's why I said that's really the only thing I can see is the leading of the helmet. At game speed it would be tough to see because only way I got a good look was in slowing it down just before contact. I also see at what point I caught the guy on the ground it was Winters at the 5 and the boy was finally hitting the ground and how far he is from Winters which was my initial thought to the play someone hit him way late that's why I asked about being a later block because when he hit the ground and Winters was around that 5 they were way apart, clearly wasn't though it was part of the same hit. When looking at it the officials doesn't reach for that flag until the kid does hit the ground and how far from the ball carrier he was at that point.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

greygoose wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:30 am
Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:20 am

No I don't believe there was anything malicious about it, that's why I said that's really the only thing I can see is the leading of the helmet. At game speed it would be tough to see because only way I got a good look was in slowing it down just before contact. I also see at what point I caught the guy on the ground it was Winters at the 5 and the boy was finally hitting the ground and how far he is from Winters which was my initial thought to the play someone hit him way late that's why I asked about being a later block because when he hit the ground and Winters was around that 5 they were way apart. When looking at it the officials doesn't reach for that flag until the kid does hit the ground and how far from the ball carrier he was at that point.

I get it western brown was good and overcame some penalties. Jackson didn’t have that quick ability to the level western brown had. That 60 yard run was a great play by winters and for Jackson. Sad the referee intervened and took it from Jackson

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Going off of that video the only thing I can assume personal foul is the helmet anything else I would have to say bad call on the ref, as I'm doubting he called the helmet lead. Would it have changed the overall outcome, there's no telling but it's tough to have a TD removed because of a penalty. That play by Winters is why I liked the offense better spread out, WB was small on defense I felt packing them in benefited WB being able to get to the ball and stop the big run. As compared to spreading them out and letting Prater make a play or Winters, biggest plays came from that spread and letting him run.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

greygoose wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:39 am Going off of that video the only thing I can assume personal foul is the helmet anything else I would have to say bad call on the ref, as I'm doubting he called the helmet lead. Would it have changed the overall outcome, there's no telling but it's tough to have a TD removed because of a penalty. That play by Winters is why I liked the offense better spread out, WB was small on defense I felt packing them in benefited WB being able to get to the ball and stop the big run. As compared to spreading them out and letting Prater make a play or Winters, biggest plays came from that spread and letting him run.

Probably hope for some ball and clock control. Best to keep Novak on sideline . Who knows tough matchup .

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

The referee evaluator must suck at his job too.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

I agree call was bad IMO compared to the ones they missed

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Made the trip, glad I did, just warmed me up for the rematch tonight with Ironton. Just now seeing the video/twitter/hudl playback and man that is a tough one to accept. Not sure what was seen here, tough break for the Ironmen.

Who wasn't putting up a big fight after the play? Not understanding that - you referring to the Jackson player coming off the sidelines?

I know a lot of the Ironmen fans hate that call, but I thought the turning point in the game was not making WB pay for the first interception. That to me was the game changer, could have went up 14-0 and if that happens you can pretty much trade scores with them from there on out. Just my two cents. Picked Novak twice and made them pay nothing for it.

Great season and you guys played good playoff football last night. Congrats to everyone.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:14 am
The referee evaluator must suck at his job too.
The referee evaluators were actually sitting at the end of the row from where I was at, there was 2 of them charting everything out. Really not much they can do during, only after can they go through evaluations.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I watched this game. The officiating was poor to put it nicely.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Bleeding Red wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:19 am I watched this game. The officiating was poor to put it nicely.
They def struggled.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Question: If anyone has seen the tape, was the holding call against Jackson around the 5yd line in the 3rd quarter legit? That was a huge penalty as well. Tough loss regardless how you view the officiating.

Return to “Football”