WK13 Western Brown vs Jackson (rematch)

LBD0263
Riding the Bench

Re: WK13 Western Brown vs Jackson (rematch)

Post by LBD0263 »

Wow what a game awesome atmosphere. If you paid for admission last night you really got your money’s worth. Sometimes it’s the way the cookie crumbles, tough loss but oh well. Congratulations to the Ironman on making this a great year, very special season indeed. Some tough calls/breaks at the most critical times in the game. WB will be a tough out for anyone with that high powered offense.

LBD0263
Riding the Bench

Post by LBD0263 »

FIDO wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:48 am Question: If anyone has seen the tape, was the holding call against Jackson around the 5yd line in the 3rd quarter legit? That was a huge penalty as well. Tough loss regardless how you view the officiating.
I haven’t seen the reply but that was another huge call. I believe by the same ref that called the illegal block in the the first half.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:07 am The contact was made on the 12 yard line and he rolled to the 5 as he was still moving that direction and got blocked that direction
While watching it on TV I knew it was going to be a flag. Dumb play to make

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:06 am
The block didn't need to happen, and made no difference on the outcome of that play. There was a 50/50 chance a flag would be thrown on it. As a player you need to know when to hold up. I wouldn't have thrown the flag, and I know probably half the refs wouldn't have, but again, why take the chance, just unnecessary.

LBD0263
Riding the Bench

Post by LBD0263 »

Raider6309 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:17 am
Ironman92 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:07 am The contact was made on the 12 yard line and he rolled to the 5 as he was still moving that direction and got blocked that direction
I’ll bite, what was so dumb about the play? Looked like a text book block, I really don’t see anything illegal about the block at all. This my be something I agree to disagree about, but it is interesting to understand different vintage points.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

It wasn’t anything illegal. Sorry the kid was busting his tail in a football game and hustling through the end of the play….while the ball carrier made a great move to get the kid off balance and made the legal football hit. It was at full speed in round 3 of the playoffs and it was huge. It’s how you play football. The referee didn’t do his job there. He was in over his head.

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

After watching the replay, I don't understand why a flag wasn't thrown on the pancake block on the kickoff for pushing the kid back down. That should've been called.

LBD0263
Riding the Bench

Post by LBD0263 »

Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:48 am After watching the replay, I don't understand why a flag wasn't thrown on the pancake block on the kickoff for pushing the kid back down. That should've been called.
Agree 💯 but it’s over. Some tough calls went against the Ironman and none calls as well. But I don’t want to take anything away from WB on a great game either.

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

LBD0263 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:51 am
Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:48 am After watching the replay, I don't understand why a flag wasn't thrown on the pancake block on the kickoff for pushing the kid back down. That should've been called.
Agree 💯 but it’s over. Some tough calls went against the Ironman and none calls as well. But I don’t want to take anything away from WB on a great game either.
Definitely. Regardless of calls or no calls, I think as long as the better team gets the "W" that's all we as fans should hope to see, and although I was pulling for Jackson, I believe the better team won. WB did it twice so I think they deserve it.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

I think it's kind of a sad state of affairs when you have to think "don't make this block because the ref might call it a penalty, even though it clearly isn't one".

That was my thought last night when I watched it live. I thought it might have been a block in the back at first, but my thought was just that the WR shouldn't have made the block at all. Don't give the ref a chance to ruin the TD. But, that's absolutely pathetic that we have to think that way in the first place. Do your darn job.

It's not a block in the back, it's just a few steps from the ball carrier, it's not after the play, it's not dirty. It's a player hustling down the field to make a legal block without any malicious intent. The kid who got blocked wasn't hurt. He immediately got up and whined.

It's a bad call. Period. It wasn't the only reason Jackson lost the game, but it came at a crucial point when Jackson could have taken a 21-14 lead and seized momentum. They could have potentially led at half time, rather than being tied and then having to play catch up later in the game. A lot of what ifs, but there's one thing that is certain. It's NOT a penalty. It's a TD.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

FIDO wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:48 am Question: If anyone has seen the tape, was the holding call against Jackson around the 5yd line in the 3rd quarter legit? That was a huge penalty as well. Tough loss regardless how you view the officiating.
I’ll try and get it posted.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

greygoose wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:10 am
Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:14 am
danicalifornia wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:10 am

Super unnecessary to make that block, but yeah, shouldn’t have been called. The referee evaluator near the play agreed with the call on the field, but I also talked to one last week who thought literally everything should have been called taunting.
The referee evaluator must suck at his job too.
The referee evaluators were actually sitting at the end of the row from where I was at, there was 2 of them charting everything out. Really not much they can do during, only after can they go through evaluations.
Oh I know , you just said they agreed with the call.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Was a great block you mean. Explain to me why it was a dumb play. I’m curious.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:35 am
The block didn't need to happen, and made no difference on the outcome of that play. There was a 50/50 chance a flag would be thrown on it. As a player you need to know when to hold up. I wouldn't have thrown the flag, and I know probably half the refs wouldn't have, but again, why take the chance, just unnecessary.
In game speed it was a bang bang play. The receiver hustled down field and the player was in pursuit of his QB while he was at the 12-15 yard line. But I’m glad you said it made no difference in the play...since it wasn’t dirty or late why even throw a flag? Like you said it did effect anything., other than the game for Jackson.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Yes I have seen both.

The holding call against Jackson was on the left tackle blocking the right end hands were outside a bit but very touchy as you can call holding every play , but since it was on the play side ok whatever. Flag thrown, Call stood .

The holding call against western brown receiver , hands were outside the pads and he took kid to the ground , almost a good downfield tackle. Flag throw , Call waved off .

Both were holding but probably best to let em play unless blatantly obvious.

But why wave one off 🤔

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:31 am
In game speed it was a bang bang play. The receiver hustled down field and the player was in pursuit of his QB while he was at the 12-15 yard line. But I’m glad you said it made no difference in the play...since it wasn’t dirty or late why even throw a flag? Like you said it did effect anything., other than the game for Jackson.
This is an all time terrible call from the official. The only reason that flag was throw was so HE could inject himself into the game. I see it happen a lot in basketball. Some of these guys just wait for opportunities to put their mark on the game since they weren’t able to do it as players. Very sad.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:25 am
Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:14 am

The referee evaluator must suck at his job too.
The referee evaluators were actually sitting at the end of the row from where I was at, there was 2 of them charting everything out. Really not much they can do during, only after can they go through evaluations.
Never said they agreed with the call just that they were there evaluating refs. As far as the flag that was waved off, it was done when they got together and discussed with refs who had different angles

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

mlittle wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:17 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:31 am

This is an all time terrible call from the official. The only reason that flag was throw was so HE could inject himself into the game. I see it happen a lot in basketball. Some of these guys just wait for opportunities to put their mark on the game since they weren’t able to do it as players. Very sad.

💯

I love all the preps officials ...”I was right there” “happened right in front of me” “defender was just standing there and was hit in the back”...

Where are you guys ????

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

greygoose wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:25 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:25 am

Never said they agreed with the call just that they were there evaluating refs. As far as the flag that was waved off, it was done when they got together and discussed with refs who had different angles

You’re correct , was another poster that said the evaluators agreed with the call.

The flag that was waved off was 💯 text book holding

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

What were Novak's stats?

Return to “Football”