WK13 Western Brown vs Jackson (rematch)

Ironmannut07
Varsity

WK13 Western Brown vs Jackson (rematch)

Post by Ironmannut07 »

Major rematch for week three of the playoffs. Jackson help Western brown to their season low of 33 points. Jackson gave up several costly turnovers and were rotating quarterbacks at the time of this game. Jackson defense has gotten better since then and fortunately and unfortunately stuck to a one quarterback scheme due to the unfortunate injury at qb. Can Jackson slow down the western brown aerial attack like last time and score on enough drives to pull out the win this time around? Time will tell but either way this should be the premiere game for the region and maybe the division Friday night. Go Ironmen!

MrFirstTake
SE

Re: Round 3 division 3 region 11: Western Brown vs Jackson (rematch)

Post by MrFirstTake »

Going to be a good one for sure there have been a lot of rematch games so far in the playoffs
Burg/west
Ironton/portsmouth
Jackson/western brown

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Ironmannut07
Varsity

Post by Ironmannut07 »

For sure. Definitely gonna be a stout defense vs a high powered passing attack this coming Friday. Gonna need Jackson’s defensive backs to step up while allowing the defensive line and line backers contain their qb and HB in the run game. It’s going to. Take a full defensive performance to slow this Western Brown offense for the Jackson defense to keep up. Limit turnovers and stout defense should be able to pull this one out.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Western Brown QB is pretty special.

If Jackson's defense can play well and limit the explosive WB attack (much like they did the first time around), I think they'll have a shot. The Ironmen must take care of the football and finish drives though. Turning it over three times inside the WB 25 during the regular season game was a killer. Can't have those costly mistakes this time around.

I think both teams have probably gotten better since Week 4. Should be very interesting.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Something kinda cool. The format is obviously a little different now with the expansion to 16 teams, but Jackson has now won twice in the 2021 playoffs. They have never won three games in a single playoff.

The Ironmen advanced to a Week 13 Region Final in 2015 and a Week 12 Regional Final in 1996, so a win against WB would allow Jackson to advance to its third Regional Final in school history.

The 2021 Ironmen have already made history by being one of the few Jackson teams to win 10 or more games, they have now won two playoff games as I said above, and they have a chance to be the first Jackson team to ever play in a Week 14.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I love this matchup….I don’t like this matchup

The good:

They were at home, played almost perfectly, we turned ball over so many times and still had a great opportunity to win….and just lost. We’ve been way cleaner since then. Line better, taking care of ball a bit better, less holdings, false starts. Feels like we should win.

The bad: Novak is very special and scares me. I want to say he’s a poor man’s Burrow but he’s not a poor man’s anything, he’s one of the best QB’s Jackson has ever faced and he can do it all, but he’s also not going to win the Heisman. But he’s ready for everything and can make every pass and run.

It’s going to be a battle and if we limit turnovers and penalties….and get a few stops, we should win. But Novak is special enough to get them to the Final 4….but so is our defense and we are good on offense too.

This could be one for the ages…could be the opposite of the colossal show down in Jackson’s first ever playoff game vs Hillsboro in 1996.

Legacy boys….legacy. Refuse to lose seniors! Prater made that refuse to lose play vs Eastmoor…..we’ll need more from he and others.

Players, coaches….good luck. This is big and you can do it! Leave no stone unturned.
Last edited by Ironman92 on Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Should be a fun one to watch

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Any idea where this game might be played?

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

MTSWNGRVSG wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:43 pm Any idea where this game might be played?
My guess...

Miami Trace
Chillicothe

IronNation95
Waterboy

Post by IronNation95 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:45 pm
MTSWNGRVSG wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:43 pm Any idea where this game might be played?
My guess...

Miami Trace
Chillicothe
Waverly probably slightly closer than Chilli, good deal closer than Trace. But not sure about visitor bleacher size. Could that even be a possibility?

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

IronNation95 wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:58 pm
My guess...

Miami Trace
Chillicothe
Waverly probably slightly closer than Chilli, good deal closer than Trace. But not sure about visitor bleacher size. Could that even be a possibility?

I think Miami Trace will be the odds on favorite

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

I'll take Jackson 31 to 28. Think I'll make the trip to watch this one. Should be a good one. Good luck ironmen!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

My guess...

Miami Trace
Chillicothe
I was wondering the same thing and those were the 2 that jumped out the most, I'm curious if the state will take into consideration Jackson being the higher seed and Jackson having just played at MT just a couple weeks ago. Waverly looks to be about 30 miles closer to Jackson if they went that route but it does keep Western Brown from traveling 2 lane roads all the way to MT. How is Miami Traces visitor section, haven't been to this field before but I do believe I want to take this one in and catch Novak for WB.

Jimbob2023
Riding the Bench

Post by Jimbob2023 »

greygoose wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:41 am
My guess...

Miami Trace
Chillicothe
I was wondering the same thing and those were the 2 that jumped out the most, I'm curious if the state will take into consideration Jackson being the higher seed and Jackson having just played at MT just a couple weeks ago. Waverly looks to be about 30 miles closer to Jackson if they went that route but it does keep Western Brown from traveling 2 lane roads all the way to MT. How is Miami Traces visitor section, haven't been to this field before but I do believe I want to take this one in and catch Novak for WB.
MT has a beautiful new facility, definitely the best or second best in the FAC. Probably a little less seating than Jackson, but still Plenty of room on the home and visitors side. Beautiful turf too.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Jimbob2023 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:34 am

My guess...

Miami Trace
Chillicothe
MT has a beautiful new facility, definitely the best or second best in the FAC. Probably a little less seating than Jackson, but still Plenty of room on the home and visitors side. Beautiful turf too.
It’s not Alumni stadium but it’s definitely nice

Jimbob2023
Riding the Bench

Post by Jimbob2023 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:29 am

I think it’s pretty darn close. The colors and turf are beautiful. I don’t think the scoreboard may be quite as nice and it may be just a little smaller. Other than that, it’s extremely nice.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Jimbob2023 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:36 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:29 am
I think it’s pretty darn close. The colors and turf are beautiful. I don’t think the scoreboard may be quite as nice and it may be just a little smaller. Other than that, it’s extremely nice.
Yeah it’s nice and new , not alumni but it’s nice

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:22 pm https://www.wcpo.com/sports/high-school ... saa-season

Hmmm….well
2 of the best quarterbacks you will see in our area

BuckeyeBond
Riding the Bench

Post by BuckeyeBond »

I’d like to see this game be played at Portsmouth, but my guess is it will be played in Chillicothe.

Return to “Football”