WK13 Western Brown vs Jackson (rematch)

Vik
JV Team

Re: WK13 Western Brown vs Jackson (rematch)

Post by Vik »

Ironmen34 wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:01 pm
Vik wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:57 am I have to admit that I think it’s funny that Jackson got hosed a bit by the refs and lost but the officiating seemed like they we’re definitely against Jackson. Made me laugh a few times as I was watching from home. Novack was really good and fun to watch. Alot of big time potential with that kid.
Why did it make you laugh
If I’m a Bengals fan and I’m watching the Steelers get some bad calls to go against them at big times, I’m going to laugh. I don’t want anyone getting hurt but whatever helps them lose I’m good with. After a while it definitely brings a laugh.

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

Vik wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:03 pm
Ironmen34 wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:01 pm
Vik wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:57 am I have to admit that I think it’s funny that Jackson got hosed a bit by the refs and lost but the officiating seemed like they we’re definitely against Jackson. Made me laugh a few times as I was watching from home. Novack was really good and fun to watch. Alot of big time potential with that kid.
Why did it make you laugh
If I’m a Bengals fan and I’m watching the Steelers get some bad calls to go against them at big times, I’m going to laugh. I don’t want anyone getting hurt but whatever helps them lose I’m good with. After a while it definitely brings a laugh.
👍🏻

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:38 am
Ironmen34 wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:19 am
Ironmen98 wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:25 am

The teams were even and the play was excellent. The refs however not so much.
And I know the ole “refs screwed us” excuse is used a lot but sometimes it’s true. Referees can 100% change the outcome of a ball game. And the worst thing is there’s nothing you can do about it
Yeah I sound like a whiny b@tch , but man two bad calls was all it took...
I think us Jackson fans have a right to be upset. Those calls in a game like in week 13 will just gut you

3rd String
Freshman Team

Post by 3rd String »

I agree there were some bad calls throughout the game, two calls really stick out in my mind, However at the end of the day, at that level of play, you have to play good enough that a bad call doesn't cost you the game. A lot of missed tackles, missed blocking assignments. Was Jackson good enough to win, I think so. But really good teams are able to make other teams make mistakes they don't typically make. Hats off to WB. Go beat Granville.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Decided to take a look and see if they had updated the stats on Western Brown since the Jackson game, which they have I then decided to look at this team and what returns. I hope everyone is enjoying Western Brown's run this year because next year could be even better, they do lose 2 of their top WRs and only 1 OL. This team is looking at comprised of 9-10 Senior starters at the least on offense, from the OL to the QB and most of the WR group. This will be a VERY interesting group to watch in 2022 as well.

mt1fan
Freshman Team

Post by mt1fan »

greygoose wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:39 am Decided to take a look and see if they had updated the stats on Western Brown since the Jackson game, which they have I then decided to look at this team and what returns. I hope everyone is enjoying Western Brown's run this year because next year could be even better, they do lose 2 of their top WRs and only 1 OL. This team is looking at comprised of 9-10 Senior starters at the least on offense, from the OL to the QB and most of the WR group. This will be a VERY interesting group to watch in 2022 as well.
Yep they are reloading after this year. Glad to see them on a lot of FAC teams schedule. Great competition will only make you better! I wonder if they are interested in joining the FAC, since they seem to be scheduling the FAC a lot. I think it could beef up the league!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

mt1fan wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:56 am
greygoose wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:39 am Decided to take a look and see if they had updated the stats on Western Brown since the Jackson game, which they have I then decided to look at this team and what returns. I hope everyone is enjoying Western Brown's run this year because next year could be even better, they do lose 2 of their top WRs and only 1 OL. This team is looking at comprised of 9-10 Senior starters at the least on offense, from the OL to the QB and most of the WR group. This will be a VERY interesting group to watch in 2022 as well.
Yep they are reloading after this year. Glad to see them on a lot of FAC teams schedule. Great competition will only make you better! I wonder if they are interested in joining the FAC, since they seem to be scheduling the FAC a lot. I think it could beef up the league!
No idea, I know for years Jackson and Waverly played every single year but several years back Jackson had the program built up and Waverly was way down and took it on the chin each year. So the series ended, up until that point it was typically a good matchup even with some of the really nice teams Jackson had in the 90s it would be 1-2 score games. I don't see Waverly leaving the SOC though, most of those teams are so set in their ways the changes they need to make to be better they're unwilling to make to keep status quo. When you look at the MAC you see those schools are all still in the playoffs because of the high caliber teams they have in the conference not because they wanted to spread themselves out and dominate a conference but because they were more than willing to lose a regular season game or 2 if it means shot at the state.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

greygoose wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:40 am
No idea, I know for years Jackson and Waverly played every single year but several years back Jackson had the program built up and Waverly was way down and took it on the chin each year. So the series ended, up until that point it was typically a good matchup even with some of the really nice teams Jackson had in the 90s it would be 1-2 score games. I don't see Waverly leaving the SOC though, most of those teams are so set in their ways the changes they need to make to be better they're unwilling to make to keep status quo. When you look at the MAC you see those schools are all still in the playoffs because of the high caliber teams they have in the conference not because they wanted to spread themselves out and dominate a conference but because they were more than willing to lose a regular season game or 2 if it means shot at the state.
Does the MAC still incorporate kids not playing tackle until 7th grade?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:12 pm
greygoose wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:40 am

Does the MAC still incorporate kids not playing tackle until 7th grade?
They offer flag football and weekly informal instructions from what I'm seeing. Below is a pretty good article discussing the MAC as it pertains to a few different subjects and if you look at the MAC site it says there's been no notable changes since like 2001 in Versailles was added. Article is a little old but still relevant today.

https://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/ ... D9Vm28yiJ/

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Jackson played well to win. Tough break on the call. Yes it could of been perceived as a block in the back or unnecessary to do by the player but it didn’t impact the play. That’s my beef with it.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

wobycat wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:16 pm Jackson played well to win. Tough break on the call. Yes it could of been perceived as a block in the back or unnecessary to do by the player but it didn’t impact the play. That’s my beef with it.
Wasn’t even close to a block in the back. Was just a bad call , bottom line

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

wobycat wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:16 pm Jackson played well to win. Tough break on the call. Yes it could of been perceived as a block in the back or unnecessary to do by the player but it didn’t impact the play. That’s my beef with it.
They need to quit whining about that call - it was a 60-40 call by most officials who see that live and bang bang.

What they need to concentrate on was scoring on one of the two times they picked Novak and did nothing with it; don't leave it up to the stripes.

WellstonLover
Riding the Bench

Post by WellstonLover »

Abe Froman wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:18 pm
They need to quit whining about that call - it was a 60-40 call by most officials who see that live and bang bang.

What they need to concentrate on was scoring on one of the two times they picked Novak and did nothing with it; don't leave it up to the stripes.
No one feels sorry for the University of Jackson. Without the recruits, they don’t even make the playoffs. Congrats on that “homegrown” playoff run.

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

WellstonLover wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:25 am

No one feels sorry for the University of Jackson. Without the recruits, they don’t even make the playoffs. Congrats on that “homegrown” playoff run.
Thanks man🙏🏻

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

If I was wellston I would never talk about recruits ...comrade 😂

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Honestly I think if I were a Wellston fan I'd worry more about finding a coach, one that actually stays to try to build a program.

Return to “Football”