WK13 Ironton vs. The Burg

Paper Tigers

Re: WK13 Ironton vs. The Burg

Post by Paper Tigers »

TigerBob wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:35 pm It is a wonder Ironton can field a team honestly.
I think they are only dishonest when players leave the team.

Paper Tigers

Post by Paper Tigers »

OVCFan1 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:54 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:35 pm
art_vandelay wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:14 pm Ironton will be solid again next year, but some of their fans going to have to get their expectations back to reality (no more assuming Kirtland in State Finals is their only obstacle). Ironton returns the majority of their skill players (Carpenter, Keyes, Perkins, Wilson, Wylie, etc.), but will have some major holes to fill on both the offensive and defensive lines. Their offense could be explosive next year with a healthy Carpenter back at QB, but I don't see their defense being anywhere as dominant as they were this year with the losses of Cochran, Duncan, Washington, etc.

I could see Ironton struggling early next year (open with 3 straight road games at Burg, at Jackson, at Fairland) due to new players on offensive and defensive lines, but get a lot better as year goes on and be one of top teams in Region 19 when playoffs roll around (kinda sounds familiar).*

I'm just curious as to why the Perkins kid would stay at Ironton. He was a non-factor in that last game. With him being a receiver why stay at a school that doesn't throw the ball???
Perkins oughtta go to Fairland, better coaching, more passing and the trump card - better basketball.
Hard to blame the kids at Ironton for the basketball when only one sport gets any real love and light and promo at that school. Wait a sec? Is you know who also the AD?

Hmm. So the disproportion isn't a random oversight then is it?

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

wobycat wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:30 pm This thread is played out.
wobycat wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:09 pm [quote=art_vandelay post_id=<a href="tel:1970606">1970606</a> time=<a href="tel:1637017553">1637017553</a> user_id=380]
[quote=yabbadabbadoo post_id=<a href="tel:1970596">1970596</a> time=<a href="tel:1637015756">1637015756</a> user_id=593]
[quote=art_vandelay post_id=<a href="tel:1970483">1970483</a> time=<a href="tel:1636996450">1636996450</a> user_id=380]
Ironton will be solid again next year, but some of their fans going to have to get their expectations back to reality (no more assuming Kirtland in State Finals is their only obstacle). Ironton returns the majority of their skill players (Carpenter, Keyes, Perkins, Wilson, Wylie, etc.), but will have some major holes to fill on both the offensive and defensive lines. Their offense could be explosive next year with a healthy Carpenter back at QB, but I don't see their defense being anywhere as dominant as they were this year with the losses of Cochran, Duncan, Washington, etc.

I could see Ironton struggling early next year (open with 3 straight road games at Burg, at Jackson, at Fairland) due to new players on offensive and defensive lines, but get a lot better as year goes on and be one of top teams in Region 19 when playoffs roll around (kinda sounds familiar).*

I'm just curious as to why the Perkins kid would stay at Ironton. He was a non-factor in that last game. With him being a receiver why stay at a school that doesn't throw the ball???
[/quote]

Sounds like a couple of D1 schools are close to offering him, and as long as that happens, I can't see him leaving Ironton. But I think some of that is where Ironton had trouble establishing an identity on offense this year. Wide receivers with Perkins' talent ain't transferring in to watch Ironton only throw 5 passes/game, so there subtle pressure on Pendleton to throw the ball even if running Keyes/Wilson the whole game is the better gameplan for the team.*
[/quote]

Oh my. Now we have to guarantee touches to high school transfers. I’ve heard it all now. Lol.
[/quote]

You seriously think that kid going to be happy with 2 or 3 targets/game? If he went to Ironton on his own with no promises made, then maybe. But if promises were made, then Pendleton going to have it in back of his mind to get the kid touches. Glad you’ve heard it all now though.*

Paper Tigers

Post by Paper Tigers »

art_vandelay wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:58 pm
wobycat wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:30 pm This thread is played out.
wobycat wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:09 pm [quote=art_vandelay post_id=<a href="tel:1970606">1970606</a> time=<a href="tel:1637017553">1637017553</a> user_id=380]
[quote=yabbadabbadoo post_id=<a href="tel:1970596">1970596</a> time=<a href="tel:1637015756">1637015756</a> user_id=593]
[quote=art_vandelay post_id=<a href="tel:1970483">1970483</a> time=<a href="tel:1636996450">1636996450</a> user_id=380]
Ironton will be solid again next year, but some of their fans going to have to get their expectations back to reality (no more assuming Kirtland in State Finals is their only obstacle). Ironton returns the majority of their skill players (Carpenter, Keyes, Perkins, Wilson, Wylie, etc.), but will have some major holes to fill on both the offensive and defensive lines. Their offense could be explosive next year with a healthy Carpenter back at QB, but I don't see their defense being anywhere as dominant as they were this year with the losses of Cochran, Duncan, Washington, etc.

Sounds like a couple of D1 schools are close to offering him, and as long as that happens, I can't see him leaving Ironton. But I think some of that is where Ironton had trouble establishing an identity on offense this year. Wide receivers with Perkins' talent ain't transferring in to watch Ironton only throw 5 passes/game, so there subtle pressure on Pendleton to throw the ball even if running Keyes/Wilson the whole game is the better gameplan for the team.*
[/quote]

Oh my. Now we have to guarantee touches to high school transfers. I’ve heard it all now. Lol.
[/quote]

You seriously think that kid going to be happy with 2 or 3 targets/game? If he went to Ironton on his own with no promises made, then maybe. But if promises were made, then Pendleton going to have it in back of his mind to get the kid touches. Glad you’ve heard it all now though.*
[/quote]

Of course he was told he would be a factor in games. That's just logical. You know promises were made. Maybe that's why Carter left the program? Maybe he felt like promises made to him were being broken? Maybe he didn't like sharing carries with a new up and coming stud back named Jaquez Keyes? Maybe he felt entitled to his carries because he is native to the program and HC is playing talent over entitlement? I'm speculating here but....... maybe that's why Keys touches were limited despite his effectiveness w the ball. Because maybe if coach just let Keys shine, he knew there was no chance getting Carter to stay. And Carter knew there would be no winning back touches?

Makes ya wonder. 👀😉

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

^^^^Not in the least bit does it make anyone wonder.^^^^

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

FIDO wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:40 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:35 pm
art_vandelay wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:14 pm Ironton will be solid again next year, but some of their fans going to have to get their expectations back to reality (no more assuming Kirtland in State Finals is their only obstacle). Ironton returns the majority of their skill players (Carpenter, Keyes, Perkins, Wilson, Wylie, etc.), but will have some major holes to fill on both the offensive and defensive lines. Their offense could be explosive next year with a healthy Carpenter back at QB, but I don't see their defense being anywhere as dominant as they were this year with the losses of Cochran, Duncan, Washington, etc.

Doesn't his parents now live in Wheelersburg? Perhaps, he'll end up with the Pirates next year where he can put his talents on display.
Yes, and his younger sister is on the Burg's Volleyball team! Personally, I would hate to see so much talent come into the Burg, because one thing leads to another and then Burg would be back to playing with "recruits"

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

This thread will be locked. We are now disclosing where people live. Not cool.

Return to “Football”