WK13 Ironton vs. The Burg

Paper Tigers

Re: WK13 Ironton vs. The Burg

Post by Paper Tigers »

TigerBob wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:09 pm
Paper Tigers wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:04 pm
TigerBob wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:59 pm ChilliKillz69 is back! Hey buddy!
When I was speedkillz I said Ironton sputters offensively in playoffs? What happened?

When I was chill, I said Ironton played too many soft teams and didnt have an accurate gauge goin into playoffs and it would cost em when they met a team who could match up.

What happened?

I get banned cause I am not a lil coddler for these Ironton egos.
Your football insights (teams score less in the playoffs, teams could get beat by other good teams) are amazing. Can you give me some picks against the spread this weekend?
Paper Tiger is a perfect name cause you beat up lil teams like south point and then get beat when you play a good team and the lights get bright. You thump your chest cause you bully weaker opponents. But you NEVER get the job done against real contenders. Your program is a farce.
Last edited by Paper Tigers on Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Paper Tigers wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:10 pm
greygoose wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:08 pm

No cause Burg doesnt thump their chest online all season.
Ok so now next question, do you believe it's the kids jumping on here and thumping their chest or adults that might or might not be associated with the program?? You can't knock one aspect of someone's program if they don't win the trophy but praise another for not winning the trophy, you're contradicting you're own statements at that point.
Its not the kids at all. Its their toxic and embaarrasing fanbase. The kids deserve better.
Ok that one I'll give you

Paper Tigers

Post by Paper Tigers »

greygoose wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:12 pm
Paper Tigers wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:10 pm
greygoose wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:08 pm

Ok so now next question, do you believe it's the kids jumping on here and thumping their chest or adults that might or might not be associated with the program?? You can't knock one aspect of someone's program if they don't win the trophy but praise another for not winning the trophy, you're contradicting you're own statements at that point.
Its not the kids at all. Its their toxic and embaarrasing fanbase. The kids deserve better.
Ok that one I'll give you
All season long all over social media downgrading every other local program and thumpin their chest cause they hang 50s on rock hill. Then a good team comes along and THEY FOLD. Ironton has always been known for this.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Paper Tigers wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:12 pm

When I was speedkillz I said Ironton sputters offensively in playoffs? What happened?

When I was chill, I said Ironton played too many soft teams and didnt have an accurate gauge goin into playoffs and it would cost em when they met a team who could match up.

What happened?

I get banned cause I am not a lil coddler for these Ironton egos.
Your football insights (teams score less in the playoffs, teams could get beat by other good teams) are amazing. Can you give me some picks against the spread this weekend?
Paper Tiger is a perfect name cause you beat up lil teams like south point and then get beat when you play a good team and the lights get bright. You thump your chest cause you bully weaker opponents. But you NEVER get the job done against real contenders. Your program is a farce.
I was looking for some picks for this weekend?

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

nice to see this thread still going strong post-game...might as well keep it going until next August!*

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

greygoose wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:03 pm
Paper Tigers wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:01 pm

If ya gonna talk like youre the man all season online like Ironton, ya best learn to finish like youre the man.
Don't change the narrative, If Burg doesn't win state does it take away from their accomplishments this year??

No, Burg followers kept saying if they meet again this isn't close to the same team Ironton saw in week 1. Every player on Burg knew coming in that they could play with Ironton if they met again. They've been told that since week 1 and they believed in it and as the season went on, they proved it on the field week after week and got better and better, even in the losses. They knew what they had to do to win and that was to play hard-nosed defense and let Ironton know that they were for real. I keep seeing post about how #7 should have ran the ball 50 times. He ended up with 19 carries and I guarantee you he was hit hard on everyone of them and his body is still feeling it today.

Paper Tigers

Post by Paper Tigers »

TigerBob wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:14 pm

Me too. Who does Ironton play?

Paper Tigers

Post by Paper Tigers »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:15 pm

Don't change the narrative, If Burg doesn't win state does it take away from their accomplishments this year??

No, Burg followers kept saying if they meet again this isn't close to the same team Ironton saw in week 1. Every player on Burg knew coming in that they could play with Ironton if they met again. They've been told that since week 1 and they believed in it and as the season went on, they proved it on the field week after week and got better and better, even in the losses. They knew what they had to do to win and that was to play hard-nosed defense and let Ironton know that they were for real. I keep seeing post about how #7 should have ran the ball 50 times. He ended up with 19 carries and I guarantee you he was hit hard on everyone of them and his body is still feeling it today.
Burg quietly handled business.

3 - 1 all time vs Ironton in playoffs. ..

Some programs finish. Ironton just talks.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Paper Tigers wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:15 pm

They don’t play. Got beat by Wheelersburg 17-14. No lines on HS games anyways.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

I'm not a Burg nor an Ironton guy but I felt with how the season was progressing and as it was determined they would meet again I felt Burg would win. Took them by 3 solely based on how I seen them progress as the season had gone along. This isn't a knock on Ironton but it's going to sound like it, I felt Ironton's best games were long in the rear view mirror with the close games to both Fairland and Jackson it was as it the wind was blown out of their sails against Moeller. I get it they were never supposed to win that one but given what their first 3 weeks entailed I think that game ended up doing much more harm than good in the grand scheme of things.
Last edited by greygoose on Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Paper Tigers wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:17 pm

So do you still think Ironton is a "destination program" and that Burg's program is outdated?*

Paper Tigers

Post by Paper Tigers »

TigerBob wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:18 pm

darn and here I thought it was #lockthegate and #allin. Ahh. Maybe you guys can go watch Burg and squint and pretend youre a program that finishes instead of talks?

Paper Tigers

Post by Paper Tigers »

greygoose wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:21 pm

I'm not a Burg nor an Ironton guy but I felt with how the season was progressing and as it was determined they would meet again I felt Burg would win. Took them by 3 solely based on how I seen them progress as the season had gone along. This isn't a knock on Ironton but it's going to sound like it, I felt Ironton's best games were long in the rear view mirror with the close games to both Fairland and Jackson it was as it the wind was blown out of their sails against Moeller. I get it they were never supposed to win that one but given what their first 3 weeks entailed I think that game ended up doing much more harm than good in the grand scheme of things.
Sure did because after Moe qb1 came back against a series of much weaker teams. They had no resistance until this past saturday and when they got punched in the mouth - they folded.

Paper Tigers

Post by Paper Tigers »

art_vandelay wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:21 pm

So do you still think Ironton is a "destination program" and that Burg's program is outdated?*
Destination programs win chips.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

art_vandelay wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:21 pm

He doesn’t believe anything he posts. Just a troll ruining a good forum.

Most if not all people I talk to from Ironton have a great deal of respect for Wheelersburg. Hate to lose to them, sure, but understand no shame losing in the playoffs to a good program. It happens. Ironton leads the state in playoff losses, we know how to deal better than anyone! I would imagine the feeling is mutual for most up that way.

This guy ain’t any of that. He’s a clown with absolutely no life.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Paper Tigers wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:22 pm

darn and here I thought it was #lockthegate and #allin. Ahh. Maybe you guys can go watch Burg and squint and pretend youre a program that finishes instead of talks?
Will you just give me some picks?

Paper Tigers

Post by Paper Tigers »

So why did Irontons program and fanbase lie about Carter to start the season and gaslight people on here?

How are you not on the team. Edited out of team photo, and then suddenly ON the team when you commit D1?

How was he not a topic anymore when Irontons winning but an injury excuse when they lose?.

Hows that work?

Paper Tigers

Post by Paper Tigers »

TigerBob wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:27 pm

College or Pro?

Wait heres one.

Trevor Carter will suit up next season as a Tomcat or Pirate.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Paper Tigers wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:28 pm

College or Pro?

Wait heres one.

I can’t bet on that!

College will be fine.

Paper Tigers

Post by Paper Tigers »

TigerBob wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:30 pm
Paper Tigers wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:28 pm

College or Pro?

Wait heres one.

I can’t bet on that!

College will be fine.
Buckeyes defense still looks troubled. Gave up way too many yards to Purdue. Sparty pulls the upset unfortunately. Sparty by a Tuddy & a fg

Return to “Football”