WK13 Ironton vs. The Burg

scott1297
All Conference

Re: WK13 Ironton vs. The Burg

Post by scott1297 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:58 pm Ironton has plenty of skill talent returning next year but they better hit the recruiting trail to add more talent on the line. Lots of talented kids graduating on the line this season will make it harder for the skill players to shine next year.

Rock Hill, Coal Grove, Ashland, Huntington, Russell, Raceland, and South Point... I sure hope you don't have any talented linemen because if so --- a Pendleton will be visiting your town soon!
:lol: :lol: :lol: sad but true!

Burg grad 85
frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

scott1297 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:07 pm
bbjunky81 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:58 pm Ironton has plenty of skill talent returning next year but they better hit the recruiting trail to add more talent on the line. Lots of talented kids graduating on the line this season will make it harder for the skill players to shine next year.

Rock Hill, Coal Grove, Ashland, Huntington, Russell, Raceland, and South Point... I sure hope you don't have any talented linemen because if so --- a Pendleton will be visiting your town soon!
If they want to get to the next level they come to Ironton. Coach Pendleton will sure get them looks from colleges. FACT. :D

OVCFan1
Freshman Team

Post by OVCFan1 »

ITigers wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:50 am I heard that this graduating class is the most successful ironton class regarding playoff wins of all time. The is very impressive considering the success of the past teams. I also believe these boys were freshmen when coach Pendleton came to town. I haven’t always agreed with this staffs decisions or play calling but I’m not the coach. But to assume this was a down year is far from the truth. Ironton lost to burg by 3 after giving up 5 turnovers. Hard to overcome that as burg suffered the same fate in week 1. I’m proud of both teams and wish all the best to burg against prep. Next year may be a different story for tigers but now, back to the weight room.
You’re comparing apples and oranges; the Playoffs of yesteryear only had top 4 teams make it, then went to 8 and now 16 teams. Just like comparing the today’s teams to those of the 80’s. Can’t be done; totally different kinds of football play. This is obviously just my opinion.

Go2Guy
Waterboy

Post by Go2Guy »

Paper Tigers wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:33 pm Ironton thumped their chest all season long on the internet and only beat up tiny bad ovc schools. They barely escaped Jackson on luck. Barely escaped Fairland with luck. Refs helped them keep things respectful vs Moe. They beat a average portsmouth twice and a horrible Wellston. When they met back up with a motivated team that could match up with them they folded. Like they always do in the post season. Irontons legendary status is supported mostly by beating up below average tiny local teams. They pretend to be a powerhouse and it's all smoke in mirrors. The post season and good teams are their kryptonite. They didn't look good offensively unless they were playing tiny ovc teams that can barely field a program. And the Ironton fan base in their misplaced enthusiasm have only served to prop up the employment viability of a young ambitious coach that couldn't finish despite his unethical methods. He will be leaving you sooner rather than later and from what I understand next season Irontons fans can enjoy watching their former highest rated recruit suit up as a Tomcat or a Pirate.

Overrated. Overinflated. Overblown.

Paper tigers.

Look at this CLOWN!!!

Paper Tigers

Post by Paper Tigers »

Go2Guy wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:22 pm
Paper Tigers wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:33 pm Ironton thumped their chest all season long on the internet and only beat up tiny bad ovc schools. They barely escaped Jackson on luck. Barely escaped Fairland with luck. Refs helped them keep things respectful vs Moe. They beat a average portsmouth twice and a horrible Wellston. When they met back up with a motivated team that could match up with them they folded. Like they always do in the post season. Irontons legendary status is supported mostly by beating up below average tiny local teams. They pretend to be a powerhouse and it's all smoke in mirrors. The post season and good teams are their kryptonite. They didn't look good offensively unless they were playing tiny ovc teams that can barely field a program. And the Ironton fan base in their misplaced enthusiasm have only served to prop up the employment viability of a young ambitious coach that couldn't finish despite his unethical methods. He will be leaving you sooner rather than later and from what I understand next season Irontons fans can enjoy watching their former highest rated recruit suit up as a Tomcat or a Pirate.

Overrated. Overinflated. Overblown.

Paper tigers.

Look at this CLOWN!!!
And yet its all true. The mods just coddle and shelter your fanbase. No shelter in the real world. Seops is a safe space for the mediocre apparently.

Paper Tigers

Post by Paper Tigers »

frankie wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:47 pm

If they want to get to the next level they come to Ironton. Coach Pendleton will sure get them looks from colleges. FACT. :D
And if they wanna win in the post season go to Burg right?

Ironton 1 - 3 vs Burg all time in playoffs

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Geez here we go. What’s Cain madden, Austin pleasant, and Blaine Scott have in common ?

They are recent local players who went D1 that weren’t coached by Irontons head coach.

OVCFan1
Freshman Team

Post by OVCFan1 »

wobycat wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:49 pm

Geez here we go. What’s Cain madden, Austin pleasant, and Blaine Scott have in common ?

They are recent local players who went D1 that weren’t coached by Irontons head coach.
Ssshhhh….don’t try to change/challenge their narrative. LOL

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Luke Keller at Valley was one of many that were very successful at the next level. I'm sure pendelton has a few connections but he isn't the first and only on the rodeo circuit.

Paper Tigers

Post by Paper Tigers »

Why do you coddle this fan base? Are they that soft?

Paper Tigers

Post by Paper Tigers »

FIDO wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:05 pm Luke Keller at Valley was one of many that were very successful at the next level. I'm sure pendelton has a few connections but he isn't the first and only on the rodeo circuit.
Last I checked Carrico was buried on Ohio States depth chart. ..

Denzel Burke, Trayveon Henderson, marvin harrison, Emaka Ebuka etc sure ain't. #food4thought

Paper Tigers

Post by Paper Tigers »

OVCFan1 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:04 pm

Impossible. The moderators shelter them and show blatant bias.

Paper Tigers

Post by Paper Tigers »

FIDO wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:05 pm Luke Keller at Valley was one of many that were very successful at the next level. I'm sure pendelton has a few connections but he isn't the first and only on the rodeo circuit.
Why do you shelter this fan base?

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Paper Tigers wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:09 pm
Okay? Apple pie moonshine? The only thing I shelter is my bald head in the winter.

Paper Tigers

Post by Paper Tigers »

FIDO wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:38 pm
Okay? Apple pie moonshine? The only thing I shelter is my bald head in the winter.
You know it's true. Been sheltering them all season. This fanbase is toxic. And seops lets em beat their chest and talk trash all season BUT the very second they get it back their goofy rotund fans get on here and make the same accusations.

"Your kids musta got beat"
"Your kid must not get to play."

Yet when they get it back any at all they clutch their pearls and whine that their poor kids are being attacked. Its pathetic. Be honest..
And while were being honest show of hands, what other program cropped a player out of the team photo cause of injury but then claiimed them as a player cause of D1 commitment? ..

Be honest. Stop endorsing that nonsense.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Yeah these are also guys that were all before Pendleton even took over at Ironton so not a great example but I get where you're trying to go with it. Hard to overlook the overall numbers they're pumping out to the next level from Ironton right now, I mean that's 3 guys spread out over a period of time. Ironton has had that many commit this year.

Paper Tigers

Post by Paper Tigers »

Then you're one of the few unbiased ones.

Paper Tigers

Post by Paper Tigers »

OVCFan1 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:04 pm

If you do challenge them at all one of their fans will waddle ( they waddle cause they are so round. Look at the home bleachers during my town games does anyone own a treadmill?) In here and accuse you of having a kid that got beat by ironton or wasnt good enough to play for Ironton and in the same breath will say things like "its so classless to trash these kids."
And it continues on a never ending loop because seops shelters them from push back.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Paper Tigers wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:45 pm

Then you're one of the few unbiased ones.
Im not from Ironton. I'm a Lucasville guy first and a Scioto County guy second. The rest are on the radar when the first two are not playing.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

greygoose wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:45 pm

Yeah these are also guys that were all before Pendleton even took over at Ironton so not a great example but I get where you're trying to go with it. Hard to overlook the overall numbers they're pumping out to the next level from Ironton right now, I mean that's 3 guys spread out over a period of time. Ironton has had that many commit this year.
And yet Ironton still lost in the regional semifinals to Wheelersburg with their zero D1 commits. :)

Return to “Football”