WK13 Ironton vs. The Burg

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Re: WK13 Ironton vs. The Burg

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

art_vandelay wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:14 pm Ironton will be solid again next year, but some of their fans going to have to get their expectations back to reality (no more assuming Kirtland in State Finals is their only obstacle). Ironton returns the majority of their skill players (Carpenter, Keyes, Perkins, Wilson, Wylie, etc.), but will have some major holes to fill on both the offensive and defensive lines. Their offense could be explosive next year with a healthy Carpenter back at QB, but I don't see their defense being anywhere as dominant as they were this year with the losses of Cochran, Duncan, Washington, etc.

I could see Ironton struggling early next year (open with 3 straight road games at Burg, at Jackson, at Fairland) due to new players on offensive and defensive lines, but get a lot better as year goes on and be one of top teams in Region 19 when playoffs roll around (kinda sounds familiar).*

I'm just curious as to why the Perkins kid would stay at Ironton. He was a non-factor in that last game. With him being a receiver why stay at a school that doesn't throw the ball???

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:35 pm
art_vandelay wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:14 pm Ironton will be solid again next year, but some of their fans going to have to get their expectations back to reality (no more assuming Kirtland in State Finals is their only obstacle). Ironton returns the majority of their skill players (Carpenter, Keyes, Perkins, Wilson, Wylie, etc.), but will have some major holes to fill on both the offensive and defensive lines. Their offense could be explosive next year with a healthy Carpenter back at QB, but I don't see their defense being anywhere as dominant as they were this year with the losses of Cochran, Duncan, Washington, etc.

I could see Ironton struggling early next year (open with 3 straight road games at Burg, at Jackson, at Fairland) due to new players on offensive and defensive lines, but get a lot better as year goes on and be one of top teams in Region 19 when playoffs roll around (kinda sounds familiar).*

I'm just curious as to why the Perkins kid would stay at Ironton. He was a non-factor in that last game. With him being a receiver why stay at a school that doesn't throw the ball???
Doesn't his parents now live in Wheelersburg? Perhaps, he'll end up with the Pirates next year where he can put his talents on display.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Paper Tigers wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:28 pm
TigerBob wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:27 pm
Paper Tigers wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:22 pm

darn and here I thought it was #lockthegate and #allin. Ahh. Maybe you guys can go watch Burg and squint and pretend youre a program that finishes instead of talks?
Will you just give me some picks?

Trevor Carter will suit up next season as a Tomcat or Pirate.
very interesting. Ashland or the Burg? I like ohio football better. Does Ironton and Ashland still play?

Paper Tigers

Post by Paper Tigers »

FIDO wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:43 pm

very interesting. Ashland or the Burg? I like ohio football better. Does Ironton and Ashland still play?
They should play.

Pendleton is 0 - 2 vs ashland
Carrico graduated 0 - 3 vs ashland

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Sounds like a couple of D1 schools are close to offering him, and as long as that happens, I can't see him leaving Ironton. But I think some of that is where Ironton had trouble establishing an identity on offense this year. Wide receivers with Perkins' talent ain't transferring in to watch Ironton only throw 5 passes/game, so there subtle pressure on Pendleton to throw the ball even if running Keyes/Wilson the whole game is the better gameplan for the team.*

Paper Tigers

Post by Paper Tigers »

art_vandelay wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:05 pm

Sounds like a couple of D1 schools are close to offering him, and as long as that happens, I can't see him leaving Ironton. But I think some of that is where Ironton had trouble establishing an identity on offense this year. Wide receivers with Perkins' talent ain't transferring in to watch Ironton only throw 5 passes/game, so there subtle pressure on Pendleton to throw the ball even if running Keyes/Wilson the whole game is the better gameplan for the team.*
Why did Ironton pull a qb that has played entire playoffs for em for a non qb comin off injury that cant throw a good pass or read a defense?

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Paper Tigers wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:12 pm

Why did Ironton pull a qb that has played entire playoffs for em for a non qb comin off injury that cant throw a good pass or read a defense?
Do not know the answer to that...only thing I can figure is the Ironton coaching staff felt like soph. qb would manage the game better than the freshman (i.e. take care of the ball) despite missing previous games due to injury.*

Paper Tigers

Post by Paper Tigers »

art_vandelay wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:26 pm
Paper Tigers wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:12 pm

Do not know the answer to that...only thing I can figure is the Ironton coaching staff felt like soph. qb would manage the game better than the freshman (i.e. take care of the ball) despite missing previous games due to injury.*
Yea its a mystery considering thru 1st 3 games of season he had 1 td pass and 8 picks.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Oh my. Now we have to guarantee touches to high school transfers. I’ve heard it all now. Lol.

Paper Tigers

Post by Paper Tigers »

wobycat wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:09 pm

Oh my. Now we have to guarantee touches to high school transfers. I’ve heard it all now. Lol.
Wonder if its part of the recruiting pitch?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Paper Tigers wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:11 pm

Who knows? But it’s ignorant if so.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

wobycat wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:13 pm
Paper Tigers wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:11 pm

Who knows? But it’s ignorant if so.
fact!

OVCFan1
Freshman Team

Post by OVCFan1 »

Paper Tigers wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:22 pm

darn and here I thought it was #lockthegate and #allin. Ahh. Maybe you guys can go watch Burg and squint and pretend youre a program that finishes instead of talks?
College or Pro?

Wait heres one.

Personally, I think he’s a Ram next season.

OVCFan1
Freshman Team

Post by OVCFan1 »

Perkins oughtta go to Fairland, better coaching, more passing and the trump card - better basketball.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Talking about kids leaving my question is why would the Keyes kid stay at ironton. Barely gets played, not sure it’s attitude, injuries or coaches have a issue with him. I read he had 130 yards rushing on limited runs. Burg had around 150 yards. I think that’s what I read.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

This thread is played out.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

wobycat wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:30 pm This thread is played out.
Nodding my head here.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

It is a wonder Ironton can field a team honestly.

Paper Tigers

Post by Paper Tigers »

OVCFan1 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:47 pm

College or Pro?

Wait heres one.

Personally, I think he’s a Ram next season.
Yea I didn't think of Raceland that's possible.
Sure wish Ironton would have handled whatever weird scenario to start the season that was a little better. It was like right on the eve of the start of week one of the regular season and suddenly he is out. Infact, it was right after he came home from a recruiting trip to the university of tenessee the same weekend of the waverly scrimmage which is kinda odd in and of itself. Suddenly he's in the team photo, and then a couple days before home vs Burg, he's gone, and there's a new team photo darn near on gameday. Shortly after, Irontons own fanbase, on a facebook fanpage, one after another, post saying he left the team. No reason why. But specifically none of them said it was due to injury. One after the other, they said they didn't know. Now any intelligent and reasonable person knows if he had an injury that ended his season it would have been known way before a day or so before the first game. They also know returning players who are injured do not routinely leave the team or get edited out of team photos due to injury. And yet and still, even after they confirmed the exact opposite over and over and over on social media , they got on here and publicly pushed and insisted nonsense that they had already discredited themselves. The whole thing just looks like a mess. Not the way to do things. It's almost like the fanbase tries or can't help but to undercut their own program and atheltes. I think it's unfortunate and wish the young man good luck on a landing spot.

Paper Tigers

Post by Paper Tigers »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:26 pm Talking about kids leaving my question is why would the Keyes kid stay at ironton. Barely gets played, not sure it’s attitude, injuries or coaches have a issue with him. I read he had 130 yards rushing on limited runs. Burg had around 150 yards. I think that’s what I read.
That's a whole other convo and this forum isn't ready to have it.

Return to “Football”