WK 13: 3. West Jefferson vs 2. Fairland

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: WK 13: 3. West Jefferson vs 2. Fairland

Post by EasternDspy »

MrFirstTake wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:39 pm
WJ-OSU-STEELERS wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:57 am The West Jeff rb in 2019 was Gabe Jones, he was a senior that year. Jones was a legit 4.4 forty kid, by far the fastest player I have ever seen at WJ. No one is nearly as fast on the 2021 WJ squad.
Didn’t he go on to play college ball somewhere?
Think he plays for Walsh

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

EasternDspy wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:32 pm
MrFirstTake wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:39 pm
WJ-OSU-STEELERS wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:57 am The West Jeff rb in 2019 was Gabe Jones, he was a senior that year. Jones was a legit 4.4 forty kid, by far the fastest player I have ever seen at WJ. No one is nearly as fast on the 2021 WJ squad.
Didn’t he go on to play college ball somewhere?
Think he plays for Walsh
Have a few friends from Ironton who played basketball there not a bad school at all I’m sure he is doing well

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
CAT22
Riding the Bench

Post by CAT22 »

Gameday. Good luck to the dragons.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

West Jefferson 3 Fairland 0 after a turnover on the punt return

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
WJ-OSU-STEELERS
Waterboy

Post by WJ-OSU-STEELERS »

West Jeff 26
Fairland 8

About 4 minutes left in the 3rd

WJfan4life
Freshman Team

Post by WJfan4life »

33-8 West Jeff in the 4th

WJfan4life
Freshman Team

Post by WJfan4life »

West Jeff 33 Fairland 8 Final

WJfan4life
Freshman Team

Post by WJfan4life »

Countryguy100 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:07 pm West jeffersons front does not stand a chance against fairlands front along with jd brumfield running it all night. Also with Zander Schmidt coming off of a 4 touchdown game he is ready to do damage to west jeffersons defense too. Dragons by 21
well i think they had a real good chance and they won by 25

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

WJfan4life wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:31 pm
Countryguy100 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:07 pm West jeffersons front does not stand a chance against fairlands front along with jd brumfield running it all night. Also with Zander Schmidt coming off of a 4 touchdown game he is ready to do damage to west jeffersons defense too. Dragons by 21
He only overrated his team my 46 points. You have to respect a prediction that close.

CAT22
Riding the Bench

Post by CAT22 »

I went to every single fairland game this year and that is by far the worst offensive game they had. The defense played great, just couldn’t get the offense to do anything. Not a good way for fairlands season to end, but it was either this week or next week lol. Congratulations to WJ on the win, and good luck against fort frye, you will need a lot of it.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

CAT22 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:44 pm
I went to every single fairland game this year and that is by far the worst offensive game they had. The defense played great, just couldn’t get the offense to do anything. Not a good way for fairlands season to end, but it was either this week or next week lol. Congratulations to WJ on the win, and good luck against fort frye, you will need a lot of it.
I am not a fan of either team, but I watched some of this game. As a free service, I will explain what was wrong with your offense.

Fairland got whipped by a better team. West Jefferson was better. Fairland is pretty good, but not nearly as good as West Jefferson.

You're Welcome

CAT22
Riding the Bench

Post by CAT22 »

efarns wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:49 pm

I am not a fan of either team, but I watched some of this game. As a free service, I will explain what was wrong with your offense.

Fairland got whipped by a better team. West Jefferson was better. Fairland is pretty good, but not nearly as good as West Jefferson.

You're Welcome
Oh I think they were the better team, I just think if they played again the score would be closer. Fairland honestly had a better offense last year with senior quarterback Ward and senior receiver Hunt, both went to play college ball. The fairland defense is just as good as the WJ defense, WJ just simply had a much better offense. Skilled senior QB with multiple fast targets and a good RB. I think also a lot of it had to do with how many seniors WJ had, hard to beat a team that starts almost all seniors on both offense and defense. That’s all kids that are fighting in what could be their last game of football.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

CAT22 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:04 pm

You're Welcome
Oh I think they were the better team, I just think if they played again the score would be closer. Fairland honestly had a better offense last year with senior quarterback Ward and senior receiver Hunt, both went to play college ball. The fairland defense is just as good as the WJ defense, WJ just simply had a much better offense. Skilled senior QB with multiple fast targets and a good RB. I think also a lot of it had to do with how many seniors WJ had, hard to beat a team that starts almost all seniors on both offense and defense. That’s all kids that are fighting in what could be their last game of football.
I appreciate that you're a fan and support your team. West Jefferson apparently took Fairland out of their game. The Dragons didn't magically lose their football skills. Give the competition credit. You had a really good season.

WJ-OSU-STEELERS
Waterboy

Post by WJ-OSU-STEELERS »

Fairland appears to be building their football program, their recent success proves they are in the right track. The early mistakes in tonight’s game got them behind the eight ball vs WJ and they just never seem to recover.

WJ has 25 seniors on the team but the sophomore class is very good. Maybe Fairland & WJ will meet again.

CAT22
Riding the Bench

Post by CAT22 »

efarns wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:23 pm
CAT22 wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:04 pm

You're Welcome
I appreciate that you're a fan and support your team. West Jefferson apparently took Fairland out of their game. The Dragons didn't magically lose their football skills. Give the competition credit. You had a really good season.
I am giving the competition credit I stated WJ was the better team. Fairland just didn’t have what it took to beat them tonight. The dragons did have a very successful season, one of the best in school history.

RJShifko
Riding the Bench

Post by RJShifko »

It’s pretty simple the Fairland defense kept them in the game. Fairland turned the ball over all night long between interceptions and sacks. West Jefferson didn’t hesitate nor deny the fact that they didn’t respect the Fairland passing game. WJ lined up their safeties no deeper than 8 yards daring Fairland to throw the football. FHS goes 9-26 for 120 yards WJ knew if they could make Fairland have to make throws in windows or tight spots it played to their advantage. Great game plan by WJ to bet on their guys against Fairland passing game. There were plays to be made in the passing game that weren’t made and as a result it appears and looks like domination from the WJ defense they were putting pressure on the QB keeping him uncomfortable in and out of the pocket they were giving the middle of the field and daring Fairland to throw the ball over the middle and make tough window throws. They kept forcing Fairland into passing downs and they played defense in a way that Fairland wasn’t able to get the run after the catch yards that they used all year they played tight pass coverage leaving no room to run after the catch. I will say this there were several plays that stand out to me but in terms of the game changers:
End of the 2nd quarter WJ 12 FHS 8 WJ hits the deep post on 3rd down that sets up the touchdown to go into half time up 19-8
3rd quarter same score FHS forced a turnover and 8 throws a dime on the hitch and go to 10 and the WJ kid helps pry the ball loose on what would have been a big touchdown catch WJ then goes and scores.
Fairland defense kept them in the ball game but unfortunately the offense wasn’t good enough. Sad to see 8 and 2 play their last games for the Dragons they were great all year and sadly they couldn’t do it all tonight and the season ends for the Dragons with a loss to a great WJ team.
WJ has one of the best screen games I have seen they use multiple formations and run great routes in the passing game. They are great at running flood route concepts and putting defenders in positions to make a read and they use the read keys perfectly to hurt the defense: the way WJ runs the zone is flawless. Their backs are so good at the one cut it’s a fun team to watch play. WJ is a darn good team. They will be ready to play Saturday against Fort Frye and I wouldn’t be surprised to see them make it a 4 quarter game.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Congrats on a nice season. Next year starts today.

Dragonsbreath12
Riding the Bench

Post by Dragonsbreath12 »

Book for WJ is a very impressive pass catcher, he made the big plays for WJ and its not like he was wide open. Fairlands DB's were in good position and played tight D on him, he just went and made really good contested catches. Heck of a player. From what ive seen hes going to college for basketball or is that decision not been made yet?

60ft
Freshman Team

Post by 60ft »

Dragonsbreath12 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:16 am Book for WJ is a very impressive pass catcher, he made the big plays for WJ and its not like he was wide open. Fairlands DB's were in good position and played tight D on him, he just went and made really good contested catches. Heck of a player. From what ive seen hes going to college for basketball or is that decision not been made yet?
Yes Book was really impressive. He was getting double team all night. West Jeff came out in smacked Fairland from the start. Fairland was bigger than West Jeff also.

Return to “Football”