End of an Era at Valley.......

FIDO
S

Re: End of an Era at Valley.......

Post by FIDO »

Obviously we need to energize some folks to get our CB numbers heading in the right direction

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

If you look around Lucasville, it is hard to get our numbers back up. Most older people live in the houses around the school. Or they are passed down to sons and daughters, etc. Most of the time, when you see a bigger family with kids at Valley, many of them are building new houses on the outskirts of town. There just isn’t a lot of land that can be developed. Not without pouring a bunch of money into it. It would take a big investment in our town to change its dynamics.
We still get 70 to 80 kids graduating every year. With an occasional spike. And with those numbers, we compete in the major sports.
I’m not trying to disrespect west or Minford, but nobody has unseated Burg in that conference before we got there. (On an Annual basis…..)
Neither have done more than Valley. Nor have they done less…
I’m just saying. Wheelersburg is the big boy on the block with bigger classes than us. And better talent than the others.
I hope we stay in SOC 2. I actually hope we merge with the OVC but we probably never will. You could have 3 strong divisions and a level playing field for all of the Southern Ohio teams that joined. It’s a shame they don’t consider it.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

pmow3 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:55 pm If you look around Lucasville, it is hard to get our numbers back up. Most older people live in the houses around the school. Or they are passed down to sons and daughters, etc. Most of the time, when you see a bigger family with kids at Valley, many of them are building new houses on the outskirts of town. There just isn’t a lot of land that can be developed. Not without pouring a bunch of money into it. It would take a big investment in our town to change its dynamics.
We still get 70 to 80 kids graduating every year. With an occasional spike. And with those numbers, we compete in the major sports.
I’m not trying to disrespect west or Minford, but nobody has unseated Burg in that conference before we got there. (On an Annual basis…..)
I’m just saying. Wheelersburg is the big boy on the block with bigger classes than us. And better talent than the others.
I hope we stay in SOC 2. I actually hope we merge with the OVC but we probably never will. You could have 3 strong divisions and a level playing field for all of the Southern Ohio teams that joined. It’s a shame they don’t consider it.

Yeah you nailed it we just don’t have a lot of area to develop and what we do are on back roads that younger people with kids probably wouldn’t want to live on the average age of citizens has to be the highest in the county even when you go to games it’s majority is older adults I think valley has the kids in the schools to get the numbers back up but you just need to get the kids to actually come out and play maybe Nolan will be able to do that

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

Izladoom wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:03 pm
pmow3 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:55 pm If you look around Lucasville, it is hard to get our numbers back up. Most older people live in the houses around the school. Or they are passed down to sons and daughters, etc. Most of the time, when you see a bigger family with kids at Valley, many of them are building new houses on the outskirts of town. There just isn’t a lot of land that can be developed. Not without pouring a bunch of money into it. It would take a big investment in our town to change its dynamics.

Yeah you nailed it we just don’t have a lot of area to develop and what we do are on back roads that younger people with kids probably wouldn’t want to live on the average age of citizens has to be the highest in the county even when you go to games it’s majority is older adults I think valley has the kids in the schools to get the numbers back up but you just need to get the kids to actually come out and play maybe Nolan will be able to do that

This was the main reason I wanted Nolan to get this job. He has the best chance of getting kids to play that are fringe or 1 sport guys.
He has a good relationship with the kids already. He has a great plan to reach out to everyone.
He was the right choice. How we got here is neither here nor there. The school board did the right thing. They should be commended for that. And hopefully it is the beginning of many years for our Coach.
He will need time. Next year we will compete…
The next few after that will be about building a program. The kids that we get to play football going forward, will be a part of a new era.
Darren Crabtree’s first years of his career… (those kids) They were the beginning of a great era and time. Those guys from Darren’s early career will always be remembered here because they were the building block of a tradition and a standard here at Valley.

Nolan will have his own group doing that starting next year. So whoever is listening, if your kid is thinking about playing football, get your kids out to play. They can be the beginning of something special. And remembered for years to come.

ValleyStrong
Freshman Team

Post by ValleyStrong »

The numbers are there to compete even in the smaller lower classes. Hopefully Nolan can get the kids that left football in jr high back out. Quite a few athletes that would help for next 2 to 3 years. No matter what though, the numbers are still low, which does not allow much depth. Hitting playoffs beat up is rough. If we can hit playoffs healthy it would allow for possibly a good run.

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

ValleyStrong wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:15 pm The numbers are there to compete even in the smaller lower classes. Hopefully Nolan can get the kids that left football in jr high back out. Quite a few athletes that would help for next 2 to 3 years. No matter what though, the numbers are still low, which does not allow much depth. Hitting playoffs beat up is rough. If we can hit playoffs healthy it would allow for possibly a good run.

Yes. It’s definitely a depth issue for sure. That has been what has beat us up the last few years. Lack of depth.

Return to “Football”