End of an Era at Valley.......

coop
SEOPS

Re: End of an Era at Valley.......

Post by coop »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:00 pm The truth is it’s not gonna matter who the coach is the next 3 seasons. The talent isn’t there to win against the better teams of the SOC2 and that is with the current Juniors, who are talented. Numbers just aren’t there. 2023 and 2024 Valley will be bad bad seasons. I know Darren was getting close to retirement, but this had to weigh heavily on his decision to at least give his replacement one average year before that 2 year stretch. If the coach cannot get the 8th grade class who is primarily basketball and baseball kids to play football in high school the drought will last longer. Times have changed, the years of 3 sport athletes is over. You just can’t train and do the things you need to do to excel in a sport or two, playing all year round and that kills small schools like those is Scioto County
This has nothing to do with the next 2 or 3 seasons…it’s beyond that and the future.

Gator B Long
Freshman Team

Post by Gator B Long »

Who was hired?

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

So….what were the “findings” during this special meeting?!

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:00 pm The truth is it’s not gonna matter who the coach is the next 3 seasons. The talent isn’t there to win against the better teams of the SOC2 and that is with the current Juniors, who are talented. Numbers just aren’t there. 2023 and 2024 Valley will be bad bad seasons. I know Darren was getting close to retirement, but this had to weigh heavily on his decision to at least give his replacement one average year before that 2 year stretch. If the coach cannot get the 8th grade class who is primarily basketball and baseball kids to play football in high school the drought will last longer. Times have changed, the years of 3 sport athletes is over. You just can’t train and do the things you need to do to excel in a sport or two, playing all year round and that kills small schools like those is Scioto County
Nobody expects Valley to compete for an SOC II championship anytime soon. But with expanded playoffs and in D6 or D7, they could be playing in Regional Championships yearly if they get numbers back up to 40+ kids.

With that said, what did the brainiacs decide at their super secret meeting tonight?*

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

This secrecy crap stinks and it is needless. Crap or get off the pot. Enough!!!

ValleyStrong
Freshman Team

Post by ValleyStrong »

Small schools play kids year round all the time. Playing in SOC2, kills small schools. The conference is talented and has large #'s, however if things play out the way it should there is a large school that should move up, and a small school that should move down.....If this happens and Valley plays schools that is their size they will be fine. Really, that change should of happened last year, but hopefully the SOC Gurus will make the correct decision in the next year or two.

As far as coaches go, secrecy is no way to operate. If the community will not be behind a coach in a small school then a program will flounder. Hopefully, a smart decision is made soon and one the community will be behind.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Sounds like right choice was made. Will be official in a few days.

Lovehoops1
Freshman Team

Post by Lovehoops1 »

Just put on their FB page special meeting the 24th to Vote on Nolan Crabtree he will do a great job.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Congratulations to Nolan Crabtree.

I know his heart and SOUL goes into this program, and I think with the facilities, the staff he puts together, you’re going to see big things from Valley in the next 5 years…he’s needs 2-3 years to get the ship sailing, and as alluded to above…Valley most likely dropping to D7, they don’t need to win SOC 2 titles every year, but they will be in the playoff hunt, and have successful seasons.

Looking forward to the future!

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

coop wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:38 am Congratulations to Nolan Crabtree.

I know his heart and SOUL goes into this program, and I think with the facilities, the staff he puts together, you’re going to see big things from Valley in the next 5 years…he’s needs 2-3 years to get the ship sailing, and as alluded to above…Valley most likely dropping to D7, they don’t need to win SOC 2 titles every year, but they will be in the playoff hunt, and have successful seasons.

Looking forward to the future!
I see same last name as previous coach, how are they related?

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

What is it, Nolan’s grandpa and Darren’s dad are brothers or cousins? Something like that?

Gator B Long
Freshman Team

Post by Gator B Long »

Congratulations to Coach Nolan Crabtree.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Good decision by Valley if this is correct.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Congrats to Nolan.

NW97
Freshman Team

Post by NW97 »

Is he still coaching baseball also?

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

NW97 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:06 pm Is he still coaching baseball also?
Yes he is.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

This is great news! Not sure how I feel about calling him coach Crabtree it just feels wrong lol so coach Nolan for now lol. But joking aside he should be able to pick up right where Darren left off. I have not seen the pictures of the indoor facilities but I hear they are amazing. Yes valley should probably drop to d7 and if that happens they might not win a lot of soc championships but they will be regional champions a lot. Some have mentioned them dropping down to the soc 1 and I do not want to see that happen. It just wouldn’t seem fair to the other teams.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Izladoom wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:05 pm This is great news! Not sure how I feel about calling him coach Crabtree it just feels wrong lol so coach Nolan for now lol. But joking aside he should be able to pick up right where Darren left off. I have not seen the pictures of the indoor facilities but I hear they are amazing. Yes valley should probably drop to d7 and if that happens they might not win a lot of soc championships but they will be regional champions a lot. Some have mentioned them dropping down to the soc 1 and I do not want to see that happen. It just wouldn’t seem fair to the other teams.
Not sure of all the bylaws within the SOC but I was told by a former Valley coach that if they drop to DVII they might be forced to move down to SOC1. I don't believe they belong there either and I haven't heard of that before but it was a conversation we were discussing when talking about school sizes in the area.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

greygoose wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:35 pm
Izladoom wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:05 pm This is great news! Not sure how I feel about calling him coach Crabtree it just feels wrong lol so coach Nolan for now lol. But joking aside he should be able to pick up right where Darren left off. I have not seen the pictures of the indoor facilities but I hear they are amazing. Yes valley should probably drop to d7 and if that happens they might not win a lot of soc championships but they will be regional champions a lot. Some have mentioned them dropping down to the soc 1 and I do not want to see that happen. It just wouldn’t seem fair to the other teams.
Not sure of all the bylaws within the SOC but I was told by a former Valley coach that if they drop to DVII they might be forced to move down to SOC1. I don't believe they belong there either and I haven't heard of that before but it was a conversation we were discussing when talking about school sizes in the area.

Valley does not belong in the soc 1 I would rather see them win 5-6 games in the soc 2 than going 10-0 in the soc 1

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Izladoom wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:09 pm
greygoose wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:35 pm

Valley does not belong in the soc 1 I would rather see them win 5-6 games in the soc 2 than going 10-0 in the soc 1
100% agree they have no business being in SOC1, I just found it very interesting when he said that.

Return to “Football”