End of an Era at Valley.......

Crab's Brother
SEO

End of an Era at Valley.......

Post by Crab's Brother »

After 32 seasons at the helm, Darren Crabtree has retired at Valley.

His numbers speak for themselves. It is a day a lot of us new would come, but didn't want to think about. Thanks for everything coach!

Valley will be a pretty good spot for someone. New indoor facility. Talented group coming up. Looking like they may be D7 soon. Should be something to work with in Lucasville.

pmow3
Varsity

Re: End of an Era at Valley.......

Post by pmow3 »

Thank you Coach for all of the great years serving our community. Your records and numbers are incredible. Won’t ever be challenged, perhaps. We are so fortunate to have had a coach here who was loyal to his school, and cared about right and wrong more than he cared about results. My son got to play for Darren and I was so happy to have him learn discipline, teamwork, and friendship.
Valley can only hope that they find a guy that cares about this school as much as Coach did.
Thank you Darren.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Figured this was coming. He had a good run. Any early thoughts for replacement?

purplegold
Riding the Bench

Post by purplegold »

32 seasons is incredible! Thank you coach for all the great memories. You knew how to get 100% out of every player! You will be missed.

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

One of the best anywhere. Loved watching him work the Refs. Great role model for the kids. wish him the best!!

Voice of Reason
Riding the Bench

Post by Voice of Reason »

I heard over the weekend that this was a possibility. I hope he enjoys his time off because he sure does deserve it. No one has put in more hours over the course of the years as the figure head of a school's athletic programs. You did not go to a Valley sporting event without seeing Darren Crabtree there in some capacity. I'm sure he will have some input on the next coach, and I trust that it will be someone that represents Valley in a positive way.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Congratulations on your retirement Darren! Enjoy but you you have to stay busy!

TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

Congratulations to a good man. Big shoes to fill for sure. Any idea who might be a replacement?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Crabtree is a great coach. Could he come to burg as an assistant? Lol

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Congrats... 4 foot splits

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

I played against him in high school. Great player and a great run as Head Coach for the Inidans.
32 years at one school. Enough said.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Darren put his heart and soul in the Valley program. He also took the Indians to another level playing up every year! He was 2 boys from being D-VII and played in SOC II, playing D-IV, V schools. He had his team ready for playoff runs and beat Burg more then any conference team. Congratulations on 32 year at same school and helping young men become men for our future!! Now it’s time for relaxing and family time.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Tip of the Cap to Coach Crabtree

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

32 years is outstanding and a lot of time to build a connection with the community. Congrats and enjoy your retirement coach!

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Heard about this a few days ago but wanted a Valley person to post on it. Crabtree has done an amazing job during his tenure with Valley. It'll be interesting who takes that job over.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Darren has not only been a staple in the community, the Valley team, the school, and Lucasville.

What people don’t see is that Darren cares for his kids LONG after football, and he cares and invests in their futures.

Darren will be sorely missed at Valley, but as Crabs Brother alluded, the future is bright.

Congratulations Coach, you’ve earned it and I was honored to have played for you.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Great man, and great coach. He spoke highly of my kid this season, much appreciated.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

240-112

10 SOC1 and SOC2 Championships combined

8 Undefeated Seasons, including 4 in a row.

40 Consecutive wins during the regular season

12 Total OHSAA playoff appearances

14-12 in the playoffs

A State Final Four appearance in 2014

Beat Wheelersburg for 3 consecutive seasons; the 1st win vs Wheelersburg since 1964

20 times his Valley teams had at least 7 or more wins.

Crabtree is one of the best ever in SE Ohio and he’d be the first one to say that it’s all because of his staff, players, and the community. He’s a first class guy and did it the right way. I met him one time (2016 Notre Dame vs. Sciotoville at Spartan Municipal Stadium) and walked away being more impressed with him as human being than a coach. He would be an asset to any school district at any time during any era. He’s a HOFER for sure.

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

Great 32 year run.
Above speaks for itself.

sportsnutscioto
Waterboy

Post by sportsnutscioto »

That’s a career to hang your hat on. What a service he provided to the Lucasville community and imagine how many lives he touched over those years, it’s quite astonishing.

Return to “Football”