End of an Era at Valley.......

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: End of an Era at Valley.......

Post by VetteMan »

Congrats on an outstanding career at Valley.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Outstanding career by a great coach

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Dunno what retirement plans he has but I'd love to hear him do some games next year on air with WNXT. I think he'd be very insightful and entertaining to say the least.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

I hope he joins Gary Bailey and Jeff Berry's officiating crew so he FINALLY show them how to properly call game. He has been telling them how wrong they have been for years... Now he can show them. He would be the Greatest ref of all time!!!

Attack
Freshman Team

Post by Attack »

Blitz wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:40 am I hope he joins Gary Bailey and Jeff Berry's officiating crew so he FINALLY show them how to properly call game. He has been telling them how wrong they have been for years... Now he can show them. He would be the Greatest ref of all time!!!
It would be great to see him take up officiating so that he can show all those officials, and there are many, who he criticized heavily over the years how it should be done. LOL

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

To Blitz and Attack….
Who I’m sure are either the same person or working closely on these threads
😂😂😂

Darren had a close relationship with a great many referees, officials. He is good friends with a bunch of them. In the heat of games and after 32 years, you are gonna have some that you’ve said the wrong thing to or pissed off. But after the game or in a different setting, he is friendly, fun and a hell of guy to be around.
Most officials would agree.
If there are some officials that don’t agree with that, then so be it.
Nobody could go 32 years at any coaching job without having a few issues with ppl cropping up.
The positives of this man greatly outweigh any negative you could throw out there.
His kids loved playing for him.
He stayed involved as a friend of or mentor to many of them after they played. He’s just a really good guy. I’m just here to post about it because I watched it the entire time he was here. Even his playing days.

If you are the very officials you are speaking of in the first place? Then that would make sense to me. I don’t care if you are.
But if you are, I’m sorry you took so much grief.
You must have been the small handful of people he didn’t like or didn’t like him.

Prayers….

Attack
Freshman Team

Post by Attack »

pmow3 wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:11 am To Blitz and Attack….
😂😂😂

Darren had a close relationship with a great many referees, officials. He is good friends with a bunch of them. In the heat of games and after 32 years, you are gonna have some that you’ve said the wrong thing to or pissed off. But after the game or in a different setting, he is friendly, fun and a hell of guy to be around.
Nobody could go 32 years at any coaching job without having a few issues with ppl cropping up.
The positives of this man greatly outweigh any negative you could throw out there.
He stayed involved as a friend of or mentor to many of them after they played. He’s just a really good guy. I’m just here to post about it because I watched it the entire time he was here. Even his playing days.

If you are the very officials you are speaking of in the first place? Then that would make sense to me. I don’t care if you are.
You must have been the small handful of people he didn’t like or didn’t like him.

Prayers….
I have no idea who Blitz even is LOL. And yes I was on a crew that was chastised by coach Crabtree and we took it in stride. As a former coach who could out scream and out berate even him when it came to officials I was not offended by what he did. To me, it's part of the game. He's not the worst I've experienced, though if he officiated one of my games he probably could not say the same about me. He was one hell of a coach and has the utmost respect from me.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

packers80 wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:10 am Dunno what retirement plans he has but I'd love to hear him do some games next year on air with WNXT. I think he'd be very insightful and entertaining to say the least.
It definitely would be.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Crabtree was a great coach who will be missed for sure, but good to see him leave on his own terms. As far as officials, what decent coach doesn't work the officials? It's just part of the game and good officials understand it and don't take it personal (as long as the coaches not making it personal).

Will be interesting to see who Valley goes with as their next coach, but they have solid talent coming up again next couple of years that can do some damage in D6 or D7 playoffs.*

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

pmow3 wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:11 am To Blitz and Attack….
😂😂😂

Prayers….
You got me all WRONG. Darren was, is and always will be the BEST coach I've ever seen at ANY level at working the REFS!!! He could give seminars on it and make a fortune. I have caught myself watching him coach as much as I watched the games at times. Hell I almost sent my kids to Valley just to play for him!

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Great guy! Best wishes to him and his family going forward.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Congrats to him as a career coach with Valley.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

We all knew this day was coming but it still hurts. As someone who has followed valley since the early 90’s it will be strange to see someone else as coach. I have no clue who that next coach will be. I would like to see Keller as the next coach but I don’t think that is possible.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Izladoom wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:27 pm We all knew this day was coming but it still hurts. As someone who has followed valley since the early 90’s it will be strange to see someone else as coach. I have no clue who that next coach will be. I would like to see Keller as the next coach but I don’t think that is possible.
Perhaps it'll be another crabtree, if they decide to stay in house.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Not sure he would want to do football and baseball. Def think he would stay on staff though, if the new HC would have him.

SEO95
Riding the Bench

Post by SEO95 »

Congrats to Coach Crabtree and Happy Retirement! Hell of a guy. he had some “special” referee’s at his home games.For real.
Last edited by SEO95 on Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

Great career by an even greater guy…congratulations Darren!

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

What a Great tenure at Valley. Darren did a great job with the Indians.. He now is ready for a well deserved rest!

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

transplant wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:42 pm Not sure he would want to do football and baseball. Def think he would stay on staff though, if the new HC would have him.
True. It'll be interesting for sure.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

14U wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:52 pm Darren put his heart and soul in the Valley program. He also took the Indians to another level playing up every year! He was 2 boys from being D-VII and played in SOC II, playing D-IV, V schools. He had his team ready for playoff runs and beat Burg more then any conference team. Congratulations on 32 year at same school and helping young men become men for our future!! Now it’s time for relaxing and family time.
Not true about beating Burg. According the records on this site they have only beat the Burg 5 times while West and Waverly have 27 wins each.

http://www.burgfootball.com/uploads/1/1 ... d_2020.pdf

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"

Return to “Football”