Minford bought wasted field over field turf??

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Re: Minford bought wasted field over field turf??

Post by BondRoad Bandit »

Fletchlives wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:09 am
BondRoad Bandit wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:25 pm Yep it’s pretty sad the school or union wouldn’t approve a single cent for the student athletes but found plenty enough money to invest in a bus access road that gives zero return on investment so a few busses do not have to go to a stop sign. Which probably won’t be built for who knows how long. School officials and board members failed the student athletes.
Unions have NOTHING to do with with it.
This one did and I’m pro union but they balked at the idea because the reps rather wanted a raise.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Is having a turf field an absolute necessity? Minford's grass has always held up well from what I've seen over the years. If it's just a matter of keeping up with the Joneses, that money may be better spent elsewhere in the program.*

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

art_vandelay wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:16 pm Is having a turf field an absolute necessity? Minford's grass has always held up well from what I've seen over the years. If it's just a matter of keeping up with the Joneses, that money may be better spent elsewhere in the program.*
First to make this point.

Well thought out.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

art_vandelay wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:14 am Minford’s gonna be a basketball school next 4 years so BOE won’t have any problems.*
Until those kids get tired of being sh*t on and leave. When the community try’s to support the kids and the administration/boe don’t.. usually doesn’t end well for the district.

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Post by BondRoad Bandit »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:06 pm
art_vandelay wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:14 am Minford’s gonna be a basketball school next 4 years so BOE won’t have any problems.*
Until those kids get tired of being sh*t on and leave. When the community try’s to support the kids and the administration/boe don’t.. usually doesn’t end well for the district.
Exactly but hopefully with the Newley elected members some things will change. Wishful think maybe but new blood isn’t a bad thing with the decision makers

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

LucasDavenport wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:18 pm
art_vandelay wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:16 pm Is having a turf field an absolute necessity? Minford's grass has always held up well from what I've seen over the years. If it's just a matter of keeping up with the Joneses, that money may be better spent elsewhere in the program.*
First to make this point.

Well thought out.
Don’t get me wrong, if I was a Minford fan/parent, I’d prefer to have turf as well. But I just don’t see it as a must-have for them, especially when they’re not sharing their field with their soccer teams like most other football programs around here.*

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

Pics of what they were going to do was both soocer and football would be on the turf and the track grass would just be for track stuff. All that mo0ney to cut paint both would save ### each and every year. Plus nobody would complain about the wavy lines, lol. I all for Minford to turn this around and get the field turf installed.
Always a Falcon fan

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

mglight88 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:56 pm Pics of what they were going to do was both soocer and football would be on the turf and the track grass would just be for track stuff. All that mo0ney to cut paint both would save ### each and every year. Plus nobody would complain about the wavy lines, lol. I all for Minford to turn this around and get the field turf installed.
Always a Falcon fan
Many professional and NCAA D-1 college teams have natural grass fields. Minford field crews do an excellent job maintaining it and that's what I care about. If you're going to keep the grass, then it has to be in tip-top shape. The Minford folks work hard to keep it nice. If the school refuses to help then, it is what it is.

There are many places where the $$$ can be put to good use. Buying practice equipment, state-of-the-art helmets, camps, coaching seminars and upgrading the weight room are a few thoughts....

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

I didn't mean to say that harshly, I meant it with humor that some people on here ask when they lose which wavy line to have been used. I think the field crew does a heck of a job. Just saying you make stadium improvements, go all out. Baseball field gets all kinds of improvements but Softball has a 30+ Yr scoreboard and batting cage.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Should have put Glen Frankie in charge of the field project. He's got experience!

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

mglight88 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:49 pm I didn't mean to say that harshly, I meant it with humor that some people on here ask when they lose which wavy line to have been used. I think the field crew does a heck of a job. Just saying you make stadium improvements, go all out. Baseball field gets all kinds of improvements but Softball has a 30+ Yr scoreboard and batting cage.
They probably wouldn’t have that, if not for the money that football brings in. Football finds a lot for the sports that don’t support themselves.

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

falcon1 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:12 pm
mglight88 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:49 pm I didn't mean to say that harshly, I meant it with humor that some people on here ask when they lose which wavy line to have been used. I think the field crew does a heck of a job. Just saying you make stadium improvements, go all out. Baseball field gets all kinds of improvements but Softball has a 30+ Yr scoreboard and batting cage.
They probably wouldn’t have that, if not for the money that football brings in. Football funds a lot for the sports that don’t support themselves.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

I actually like Minford still having grass. The individuals that make it look great every week have been doing an excellent job for years. Otherwise, you wouldn’t have “The Pasture of Pain.”

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

More like self inflicted pain. Lol

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Minford has a great football facility. Who cares if it’s grass as long as they take pride in it and keep it nice. It’s high school football, give me a freaking break

Return to “Football”