Wk 14: Region 19 Final The Burg versus Harvest Prep

TheLurker
Waterboy

Re: Wk 14: Region 19 Final The Burg versus Harvest Prep

Post by TheLurker »

hbk1999 wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:41 pm
TheLurker wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:31 pm
hbk1999 wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:37 pm Just like last year Prep seems very undisciplined.

Burg will definitely out coach them.

Be interesting how this one plays out

Let’s go SEO Football!
Seems like with that half time adjustment, HP outcoached Burg.

After hearing how great HP was I was unimpressed

Lasts years Hp Team much much better
And yet, they still beat Burg.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

You guys do realize you are a SEO team as well?? You are in the southeast quadrant of the state regardless how far north you are.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

I believe the three plays they ran coming out of halftime were huge. There was no pop in them and it was as if they put the pressure on their defense. They needed to go down and get some points and they went a quick three and out.

They threw to the TE one time tonight and it resulted in a TD. I don’t remember a pass his way the rest of the night.

I think Burg also gave up on Derrick Lattimore this season and not sure why. He was a load to bring down last year and this year probably didn’t get 30 carries. I don’t understand why he didn’t at least play defense. He just seems to be too good of an athlete not to be playing.

Burg has quite a bit coming back on offense but will be losing some key players on defense.
Last edited by yabbadabbadoo on Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

Odd they can’t provide an accurate roster. Seems like ohsaa would see some red flags there.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Congrats to prep. Great job burg.

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

Nice season Burg ! Thanks for another enjoyable year watching you work and win also loose with CLASS .
Some teams and players show just how classless they really are. Like stealing that car with the Trophy in the back👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

LongTime
Waterboy

Post by LongTime »

Pirates have a good team. Good kids. All we (Harvest Prep) care about is the Win. Sometimes you dig yourself a hole when the first half you are not doing what you know to do.

Thanks and onto to the next.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Great run by the Pirates...I know I didn’t expect them to make it this far. Feel like if they go up 2 touchdowns at halftime they win this game. But Prep held them to a field goal and then took game over in 2nd half.

As for Burg, next couple of years setting up real well for them. Huge roster, with a great 8th grade class coming in, and a whole bunch of underclassmen returning that were playing big minutes by end of the season. Burg football’s supposed decline was greatly exaggerated around here over the past year. Phenomenal job by Woodward and his staff this year.*
Last edited by art_vandelay on Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:13 pm I believe the three plays they ran coming out of halftime were huge. There was no pop in them and it was as if they put the pressure on their defense. They needed to go down and get some points and they went a quick three and out.

They threw to the TE me time tonight and it resulted in a TD. I don’t remember a pass his way the rest of the night.

I think Burg also gave up on Derrick Lattimore this season and not sure why. He was a load to bring down last year and this year probably didn’t get 30 carries. I don’t understand why he didn’t at least play defense. He just seems to be too good of an athlete not to be playing.

Burg has quite a bit coming back on offense but will be losing some key players on defense.
Thought the same thing, I really questioned the passing in each of those first 2 possessions. Yeah I would’ve thought this was a game tailor made for Lattimore to get touches. Also not sure if it mattered and I know it’s deep in your own territory no way I punt on 4th and 8. Not enough time or timeouts left, would’ve preferred a 2 down approach on 3rd. Heck of a season by burg though from start to finish a team that really improved with each week.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

art_vandelay wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:57 pm Great run by the Pirates...I know I didn’t expect them to make it this far. Feel like if they go up 2 touchdowns at halftime they win this game. But Prep held them to a field goal and then took game over in 2nd half.

As for Burg, next couple of years setting up real well for them. Huge roster, with a great 8th grade class coming in, and a whole bunch of underclassmen returning that were playing big minutes by end of the season. Burg football’s supposed decline was greatly exaggerated around here over the past year. Phenomenal job by Woodward and his staff this year.*
Well said.

People have been predicting the decline of Burg football for decades (nothing new). That will never end regardless of Burg’s success on the field.

SEO95
Riding the Bench

Post by SEO95 »

Last thing I ever expect is a decline in Burg football.
Sure did not expect them(Burg) to even be in this game though so well done Coach Woodward.
Congrats Prep. Good Luck. Can’t see HP going much further though.
FOOTBALL IN SEO NEEDS TO BE BETTER ———EVERY TEAM.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

I'll never understand how a team can win a regional championship yet still get downplayed as "unimpressive."

That1guy
Waterboy

Post by That1guy »

formerfcfan wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:00 am I'll never understand how a team can win a regional championship yet still get downplayed as "unimpressive."
What was “unimpressive” was the halftime adjustments and all those points Burg scored after halftime. Lots said negative things about HP but only a few admitted how that crow was tasting after the game. Oh by the way thanks for leaving all those milk jugs with the rocks in them at the stadium. HP helped clean them up! Obviously The Burg fans didn’t need them anymore this season so we gonna use em next Saturday!

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Good season for BURG. I expect them to be pretty good for a while with what they have coming up.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
RR 78
Waterboy

Post by RR 78 »

Great season for the Pirates. Looking forward to next year. As for Harvest Prep. Good luck next week in the semifinals. Found something interesting about H.P., the school has about half the students as Wheelersburg. I’m assuming their in div 5 due to students coming from everywhere and anywhere. The impressive part and I don’t care who you are or where you’re from this is impressive - 100% graduation rate and 100% college placement. My friends that’s impressive.

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

formerfcfan wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:00 am I'll never understand how a team can win a regional championship yet still get downplayed as "unimpressive."
Because everyone was saying coming in how HP was gonna blow the Burg out. It didn't happen.

Bird Dog
All Conference

Post by Bird Dog »

The Nature Boy wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:26 am
Because everyone was saying coming in how HP was gonna blow the Burg out. It didn't happen.
Who's "everyone" ???? I saw a couple pick HP but most thought it would be a good game and could go either way.

TheLurker
Waterboy

Post by TheLurker »

RR 78 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:54 am Great season for the Pirates. Looking forward to next year. As for Harvest Prep. Good luck next week in the semifinals. Found something interesting about H.P., the school has about half the students as Wheelersburg. I’m assuming their in div 5 due to students coming from everywhere and anywhere. The impressive part and I don’t care who you are or where you’re from this is impressive - 100% graduation rate and 100% college placement. My friends that’s impressive.
Competitive balance starts at 7th grade and many come at 9th grade so I think they are "punished" per se because they are a k-12 unlike a normal high school.
Bird Dog wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:35 am
The Nature Boy wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:26 am
Who's "everyone" ???? I saw a couple pick HP but most thought it would be a good game and could go either way.
Sour grapes. An "unimpressive" HP that still beat Burg says more about Burg than HP since they still lost.

To see a team make the adjustments they did, shut out Burg while scoring 2 TDs was impressive.

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

No sour grapes. I guess because I am not lauding and glorying a private school who can get talent from anywhere I have sour grapes. Congrats again to the Burg for being under rated as usual and a community of kids doing great things. WE ARE THE BURG.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

First off congratulations to hp on the victory. Good luck next week!
Second thing.. that was the absolutely the worst second half of coaching I have ever seen in my life by wheelersburg. Defensively I think burg did a great job. Offensively though, nope. All prep had to do was load the box and boom. Burgs coaches were like a deer in the headlights.. that loss is definitely not on the players..

Return to “Football”