R17 Final #1 Kirtland vs #2 South Range

Paper Tigers

Re: R17 Final #1 Kirtland vs #2 South Range

Post by Paper Tigers »

Jason Vorhees wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:35 am Kirtland is en route to another State Semifinal Appearance. Laverde’s Kirtland Hornets have won 53 consecutive football games. His resume goes something like this:

196-17
State Champions in 2011, 2013, 2015, 2018 (all DVI), 2019, 2020 (DV)
State Runner Up in 2012, 2014, 2017
52-8 in the playoffs

Kirtland might have the best small school program not named Coldwater or Marion Local in the United States let alone Ohio.
Thats just wild. Consistent. And they don't say much either. They just show up big in big games.

Kirkland80
Waterboy

Post by Kirkland80 »

greygoose wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:38 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:27 pm
SciotoCfootball wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:20 pm

What do you think are some of the differences between Kirtland's team this year and last year?
None really. We’re basically the same team. I’d say passing if anything but we never really do much of that. We like to ground and pound and try to wear teams out. Same blueprint as always
AT LAST someone finally asked the Hornet the one question that remains the same and why the consistency. Everyone wants to think weight room, weight room, but let's be honest if that were the key every school would open it 24-7, 365 days a year. The blueprint Hornets found to work and have stuck to like the bible, they haven't tried to evolve into something they're not. They're a hard hitting, aggressive defense, play all 4 quarters team that doesn't make the mistake or it is limited. They block well up front and rarely do you see tackles missed while on defense plus all helmets to the ball at the snap. Been waiting for this to be said for quite sometime, this team knows who they are and who they're not and they do exactly what they are pretty darn good every play.

It's been a few years ago when I listened to a lecture given by Minsters HC, at that time they had just won the state and he discussed the MAC and the consistency within each program. One thing they do every year multiple times a year is have the upper classmen coach practice for the JV and Freshman players. The coaches are there mind you but the players are in control of everything throughout practice, he said this is a good way to relay the information and gets the Upperclassmen and Younger guys involved with one another. He said it's a fun practice for everyone involved and the Upperclassmen then start to relay the information and are teaching players the way they are taught. He said it helps the Upperclassmen as well start to process the information from a different perspective and gave them a greater understanding while building bonds within the team from top to bottom.
Okay, you're right the "weight room, weight room," has nothing to do with it LOL.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

^^^^stop trying to imitate a good posters name on here and get something for yourself^^^^ :roll: :roll:

Kirkland80
Waterboy

Post by Kirkland80 »

greygoose wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:25 am ^^^^stop trying to imitate a good posters name on here and get something for yourself^^^^ :roll: :roll:
That's hilarious. There's one poster on here with a similar username and if you can't see the polar opposites we are you need help. Not to mention he's been banned and I haven't so the only reason I can see you calling him a "good poster" is that you agree with his posts and not mine. Sorry you feel the need to try to get me banned only because you hate it that I won't agree with you when you try to claim the weight room has no bearing on the success of the Kirtland program. But if you look back you might find that it was "a good poster on here" who first mentioned the strength program at KHS. Just a thought. Have a good day bud.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Kirkland80 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:29 pm
greygoose wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:25 am ^^^^stop trying to imitate a good posters name on here and get something for yourself^^^^ :roll: :roll:
That's hilarious. There's one poster on here with a similar username and if you can't see the polar opposites we are you need help. Not to mention he's been banned and I haven't so the only reason I can see you calling him a "good poster" is that you agree with his posts and not mine. Sorry you feel the need to try to get me banned only because you hate it that I won't agree with you when you try to claim the weight room has no bearing on the success of the Kirtland program. But if you look back you might find that it was "a good poster on here" who first mentioned the strength program at KHS. Just a thought. Have a good day bud.
Stop trolling

Kirkland80
Waterboy

Post by Kirkland80 »

greygoose wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:36 pm
Kirkland80 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:29 pm
Stop trolling
WOW! You just did a quintessential troll move and then tell me to stop trolling. Again, hilarious.

Kirkland80
Waterboy

Post by Kirkland80 »

This will definitely be the biggest test in many games for Kirtland. But it's precisely what the program is built and suited for. I look for the streak to continue this week and through the state championship game.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Kirkland80 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:41 pm This will definitely be the biggest test in many games for Kirtland. But it's precisely what the program is built and suited for. I look for the streak to continue this week and through the state championship game.
If you are truly from Kirtland, what’s the city called?

6O HORN3TS 🐝
greyghost
Waterboy

Post by greyghost »

Kirtland80 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:41 pm
Kirkland80 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:41 pm This will definitely be the biggest test in many games for Kirtland. But it's precisely what the program is built and suited for. I look for the streak to continue this week and through the state championship game.
Oh, I see what you are doing. Nicely played there. Reminds me of a guy who gets all those usernames and then bashes Ironton and even argues with himself. So, if you are truly from Kirtland what IS the city called?

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

Kirtland80 Good luck. Could be your toughest test this season, but I like your chances for the win.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

frankie wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:59 pm Kirtland80 Good luck. Could be your toughest test this season, but I like your chances for the win.
Thanks bud. Good luck to your team as well. This should be a dandy. I definitely want the win but won’t be heartbroken if we lose. We’ve had a good run if so

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Kirkland80
Waterboy

Post by Kirkland80 »

I'm originally from Kirtland Hills bub. Nice try though.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Kirkland80 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:17 pm
Everyone from here or associated with Kirtland knows it…

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Kirkland80
Waterboy

Post by Kirkland80 »

Kirtland80 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:18 pm

Keep fishing bub. Your frenzy is entertaining.

Kirkland80
Waterboy

Post by Kirkland80 »

greyghost wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:49 pm
Oh, I see what you are doing. Nicely played there. Reminds me of a guy who gets all those usernames and then bashes Ironton and even argues with himself. So, if you are truly from Kirtland what IS the city called?
Please don't group me in with that dude. LOL

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Kirkland80 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:20 pm

I figured you wouldn’t know it :mrgreen:

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Kirkland80
Waterboy

Post by Kirkland80 »

Kirtland80 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:21 pm
Kirkland80 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:20 pm

I figured you wouldn’t know it :mrgreen:
Yea, keep reaching bub. Us warbler guys are pretty tough to get one over on. You do know what I'm referring to don't you? :mrgreen:

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

^^^^So so sad^^^^

Kirkland80
Waterboy

Post by Kirkland80 »

greygoose wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:25 pm ^^^^So so sad^^^^
I agree. Can't even post on this site without someone accusing me of being someone else. And to group me, or anyone, in with Paladin should be a crime punishable by banning LOL. Everyone loves to hate that guy. I don't know why people can't leave others to their differing opinions without trying to run them off the site. As you said, "so, so sad."

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

Kirtland80 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:02 pm
frankie wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:59 pm Kirtland80 Good luck. Could be your toughest test this season, but I like your chances for the win.
Thanks bud. Good luck to your team as well. This should be a dandy. I definitely want the win but won’t be heartbroken if we lose. We’ve had a good run if so
Ironton fan here.

Return to “Football”