FAC 2022

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: FAC 2022

Post by Ironman92 »

danicalifornia wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:26 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:22 pm
Ohio1234 wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:57 pm

Wow where have I been lol I had no clue it was 16 now I thought it was still 8 well in that case absolutely lol
Everyone gets a trophy
Just the way sports were intended to be done. To make everyone feel good about themselves.
Players now….we made the 2nd round of the playoffs, 3 wins from making it to state. Their dads….we made 2nd round of playoffs and were 1 win from making it to state

wch125
All State

Post by wch125 »

FAC Update
This is a big week for all teams in the Conference. All teams need wins in order to put themselves in good positions for the playoffs. As it stands right now all teams are sitting decent. Of Course when we get to conference play at least 1 team should be set up to make the playoffs maybe 2 but if teams get wins week in nonconference games that will set them up with some nice points.

Biggest Non Conference games as far as points and positioning
Jackson vs Western Brown a win here and Jackson get some prime positioning in the region. This is a winnable game for Jackson they will just have to minimize the damage Novak does with the Western offense. I do not think they can stop him but they need to limit it and they have a defense that can do it, Western gives up tons of points. If it becomes shoot out though Western wins. Puts Jackson a playoff hole of sorts if they lose this game . They still make playoffs but makes for interesting seeding .

Washington vs Minford Big game for Washington CH at Minford , this could be a signature win on the road and would be good in the playoff hunt. Minford will be tough to beat at home. AFter Watching last week put together a good complete game . This will be a good test and another stepping stone in a possible conference run and playoff run in the region for Washington CH. Washington has played a good non conf schedule and each week gets a little more confidence.

Chillicothe v Waverly big game for both teams here Waverly looking to show they are still a team that's for real despite graduating a ton and keeps them in the playoff hunt and sets them up well in a tough Region 16 . . A win here for Chillicothe shows they are still getting better each week and will be a force to deal with all season long

Finally
Hillsboro v Williamsburg while it may not seem big to many in the conference Williamsburg is 3-0 Hillsboro is trying to build themselves into a winning program for their new coach Horne. A win here against an undefeated team goes a long way. I think Hillsboro will win here and that would be big for them later on .

As far as who wins the conference I think its still a 4 team race Jack, CH, WCH, MT with one of those teams being a spoiler. There is no separation I feel between the teams anyone could win seems like pretty even match ups . These next few weeks will tell the tale

Overall though this week would be awesome to see conference go undefeated and set themselves up in the playoffs a little better . Good luck all this week

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

wch125 wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:13 pm FAC Update
This is a big week for all teams in the Conference. All teams need wins in order to put themselves in good positions for the playoffs. As it stands right now all teams are sitting decent. Of Course when we get to conference play at least 1 team should be set up to make the playoffs maybe 2 but if teams get wins week in nonconference games that will set them up with some nice points.

Jackson vs Western Brown a win here and Jackson get some prime positioning in the region. This is a winnable game for Jackson they will just have to minimize the damage Novak does with the Western offense. I do not think they can stop him but they need to limit it and they have a defense that can do it, Western gives up tons of points. If it becomes shoot out though Western wins. Puts Jackson a playoff hole of sorts if they lose this game . They still make playoffs but makes for interesting seeding .

Washington vs Minford Big game for Washington CH at Minford , this could be a signature win on the road and would be good in the playoff hunt. Minford will be tough to beat at home. AFter Watching last week put together a good complete game . This will be a good test and another stepping stone in a possible conference run and playoff run in the region for Washington CH. Washington has played a good non conf schedule and each week gets a little more confidence.

Chillicothe v Waverly big game for both teams here Waverly looking to show they are still a team that's for real despite graduating a ton and keeps them in the playoff hunt and sets them up well in a tough Region 16 . . A win here for Chillicothe shows they are still getting better each week and will be a force to deal with all season long

Finally
Hillsboro v Williamsburg while it may not seem big to many in the conference Williamsburg is 3-0 Hillsboro is trying to build themselves into a winning program for their new coach Horne. A win here against an undefeated team goes a long way. I think Hillsboro will win here and that would be big for them later on .

As far as who wins the conference I think its still a 4 team race Jack, CH, WCH, MT with one of those teams being a spoiler. There is no separation I feel between the teams anyone could win seems like pretty even match ups . These next few weeks will tell the tale

Overall though this week would be awesome to see conference go undefeated and set themselves up in the playoffs a little better . Good luck all this week
Not a bad run down but I do think you're blowing some games out of proportion just a bit, I get it trying to hype them up. Minford is a very young team and unless WCH has a letdown coming off the PV game I really don't see this one being close. After watching Chillicothe a bit, right now I think the FAC comes down to Jackson and WCH, for me Chillicothe simply isn't there yet now a lot can change as the season moves on though. For me it's Jackson, WCH 1 and 2 and could go either way because I believe WCH has taken a huge step forward this year. Then Chillicothe, MT, Greenfield and Hillsboro. I think the top 4 will have some dandy games but that's just how I'm seeing it right now again things will change as the season goes on. If Jackson doesn't learn to slow down the pass WCH could take the league this year.

wch125
All State

Post by wch125 »

greygoose wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:24 pm
wch125 wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:13 pm FAC Update

Finally

Not a bad run down but I do think you're blowing some games out of proportion just a bit, I get it trying to hype them up. Minford is a very young team and unless WCH has a letdown coming off the PV game I really don't see this one being close. After watching Chillicothe a bit, right now I think the FAC comes down to Jackson and WCH, for me Chillicothe simply isn't there yet now a lot can change as the season moves on though. For me it's Jackson, WCH 1 and 2 and could go either way because I believe WCH has taken a huge step forward this year. Then Chillicothe, MT, Greenfield and Hillsboro. I think the top 4 will have some dandy games but that's just how I'm seeing it right now again things will change as the season goes on. If Jackson doesn't learn to slow down the pass WCH could take the league this year.
I get what your saying about blowing things out of proportion but always seems like there is an upset special or two in the conference. I think those 4 teams are all capable. Chilly with there numbers and athletes will always be able to match up and pull upsets especially if there kids believe thats why I think these games are all big this week .

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson beat Western Brown

Chillicothe pounds Waverly

Washington CH destroys Minford

Miami Trace blows out Goshen

McClain running clock on East Clinton

Hillsboro scores 48 in their win over Williamsburg

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Good league night fo sho

The league will be very well represented in Week 11 and beyond

wch125
All State

Post by wch125 »

What a night for the Conference ! Another week of on Non League we need to all go 6-0 again. Sets teams up well.

Jackson with the biggest win of the night knocking off Western Brown .

Hillsboro with a gutty big win gaining some momentum for their program.

WCH coming out and just handling business . Very nice to see !

McClain and CHilly just dominated.

FACSPORTS
JV Team

Post by FACSPORTS »

Big week for the FAC!

Chillicothe (3-1) visits Logan (1-3)
Hillsboro (2-2) hosts CNE (2-2)
Jackson (2-2) visits Wheelersburg (3-1)
McClain (3-1) hosts CHCA (2-2)
Miami Trace (2-2) hosts Western Brown (3-1)
Washington (3-1) hosts St. Charles (3-1)

I don't know that the FAC can go 6-0 again this week, as MT has a very steep mountain to climb in their matchup. I do, however, think that 5-1 is feasible this week! We very well could see Chilli, McClain, WCH at 4-1 headed into FAC play, Jackson and Hillsboro at 3-2, and MT at 2-3 unless they pull off the big upset. Having 5 of the 6 FAC teams over .500 through the midway point of the season would be awesome!

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Western Brown had played nearly all of the FAC it seems. Why don’t they join?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

5-1 tonight for the FAC with MT getting hammered by Western Brown

Huge computer point games in the WCH/Chilly/Jackson matchups….and MT/Boro/McClain have pulled off some wins to help out

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Post by soggybottomtopper »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:49 pm 5-1 tonight for the FAC with MT getting hammered by Western Brown

Huge computer point games in the WCH/Chilly/Jackson matchups….and MT/Boro/McClain have pulled off some wins to help out
Ironman92, please give me a rundown of where you think the teams are in comparison to one another. I have read, heard and saw scores and stats, but it isn't the same as seeing teams first hand. I am really impressed with what I have gathered from posts and media. Jackson, Chillicothe and Washington seem to be the best in the area, but would love to hear from a FAC follower where you see them. Thank you.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

soggybottomtopper wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:38 am
Ironman92 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:49 pm 5-1 tonight for the FAC with MT getting hammered by Western Brown

Ironman92, please give me a rundown of where you think the teams are in comparison to one another. I have read, heard and saw scores and stats, but it isn't the same as seeing teams first hand. I am really impressed with what I have gathered from posts and media. Jackson, Chillicothe and Washington seem to be the best in the area, but would love to hear from a FAC follower where you see them. Thank you.

Im not 92 but I would rank them this way right now today

1. Chillicothe
2. Jackson
3. Courthouse
4. Miami Trace
5. Greenfield
6. Hillsboro

Second half of the season starts next week , it will be a wild ride in the fac. I could see a 3 place tie for first.

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Thank you for the input. I appreciate it.

TrueFan
JV Team

Post by TrueFan »

1. Jackson
2. WCH/Chillicothe
4. MT
5. Greenfield
6. Hillsboro

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I’ve only seen Jackson. I’m familiar with what the other teams have. Jackson is the most complete, been there done that group. It’s theirs to lose and I’ll stick with that. Chillicothe and Washington CH can beat them….but they won’t be favored to. Both have a better depth of great athletes than Jackson but Jackson has a greater depth of football players and football experiences. I need to see the Washington vs Chillicothe game. Chillicothe’s new coach is a difference maker and makes them even more dangerous. Both teams are confident and rolling.

MT/Boro/McClain…not a ton separating them I feel. McClain a feel good story trying to get to the next step of competitiveness. They have some athletes and Greenfield kids have ample grit. Hillsboro will maybe match up with certain teams better but are a few scores behind the top 3. MT has some players but might not be better than the other two in their group.

An injury, a couple big plays and of course turnovers can change the outcomes of all of this. Wasn’t many years back it was Chilly at Jackson for FAC title and Jackson with Blake McCoy looked unstoppable early then McCoy went down late in the 1st and sucked the life out of the stadium and gave life to Chilly. Washington has never gotten over the Jackson hump….this year in Jackson seems a tall task. Chillicothe has knocked off Jackson and will be ready and believing. So I’ll give the edge to Chillicothe for 2nd but Washington is right there. They are very good.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

At the halfway point…all 6 FAC teams would be in the playoffs, but will guess only 4 make it.

Chillicothe 4
McClain 5
Washington CH 6
Jackson 9
Hillsboro 12
Miami Trace 16

wch125
All State

Post by wch125 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:44 pm

I’ve only seen Jackson. I’m familiar with what the other teams have. Jackson is the most complete, been there done that group. It’s theirs to lose and I’ll stick with that. Chillicothe and Washington CH can beat them….but they won’t be favored to. Both have a better depth of great athletes than Jackson but Jackson has a greater depth of football players and football experiences. I need to see the Washington vs Chillicothe game. Chillicothe’s new coach is a difference maker and makes them even more dangerous. Both teams are confident and rolling.

MT/Boro/McClain…not a ton separating them I feel. McClain a feel good story trying to get to the next step of competitiveness. They have some athletes and Greenfield kids have ample grit. Hillsboro will maybe match up with certain teams better but are a few scores behind the top 3. MT has some players but might not be better than the other two in their group.

An injury, a couple big plays and of course turnovers can change the outcomes of all of this. Wasn’t many years back it was Chilly at Jackson for FAC title and Jackson with Blake McCoy looked unstoppable early then McCoy went down late in the 1st and sucked the life out of the stadium and gave life to Chilly. Washington has never gotten over the Jackson hump….this year in Jackson seems a tall task. Chillicothe has knocked off Jackson and will be ready and believing. So I’ll give the edge to Chillicothe for 2nd but Washington is right there. They are very good.
Great Assessment ! I truly feel the conference is a toss up between Washington CH , Jackson, Chilly, but I think that Miami Trace and Hillsboro will play some type of spoiler roll.

This year I thing the Big Blue are ready to get over the hump of beating Jackson and also taking out Chillicothe too. Washington CH has all the tools to do it and I think the early season loss to Western Brown although it sucked helped to refocus the team. Its going to definitely be a battle in the conference this year . All teams seemed to have improved.

Washington has 2 big games before they even get to Jackson and Chilly. Hillsboro and Greenfield have always been trap games. Both of those teams really get fired up to play us and its usually close despite records. If we do what we should and control those games and come out injury free we will be in good position. What we cannot do is look ahead.

So with that said Washington CH and Hillsboro will be interesting because we will see how much Hillsboro has improved and we will see how focused WCH is !

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:44 pm

Thank you

FACSPORTS
JV Team

Post by FACSPORTS »

FAC play begins tomorrow!

MT @ Jackson
Hillsboro @ WCH
Chillicothe @ McClain

The favorites in all three will clearly be Jackson, WCH, Chilli. Interesting to see if MT, Hillsboro, or McClain are able to play spoiler!

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

FACSPORTS wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:24 am FAC play begins tomorrow!

MT @ Jackson
Hillsboro @ WCH
Chillicothe @ McClain

The favorites in all three will clearly be Jackson, WCH, Chilli. Interesting to see if MT, Hillsboro, or McClain are able to play spoiler!

On paper. Neither of the 3spoiler teams should be close to playin spoiler. But again. That’s why ya gotta play the game.

Should be a fun 5weeks to end the regular seaosn

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion

Return to “Football”