FAC 2022

FACSPORTS
JV Team

FAC 2022

Post by FACSPORTS »

The last FAC team remaining in the postseason has fallen, so we now turn to next years' season.

The Ironmen, who were undefeated in FAC play this season, lose a plethora of core guys as noted by Ironman92 on another thread. They do return their trigger guy in QB Jacob Winters. They return both RB's in Wolford and Broerrmann. I'm sure they return some guys up front as well. It's never a rebuilding year for the Ironmen as they always seem to just reload. They do however have some MAJOR holes to fill. Nonetheless, Jackson will be the favorites heading into the 2022 Season.

Miami Trace finished second in the league this season. They are coming off their best season in recent memory, a season in which they finished 7-4, made the playoffs for the second year in a row, and knocked off the Blue Lions in a tight battle. They lose the best QB/RB duo in the league in QB Weston Melvin, and FAC POY RB Jayden LeBeau. They also lose 4 of their 5 starters up front, they lose All-FAC OLB Kylan Knapp, Along with some other key skill players. It looks as though the Panthers will need to replace 7-8 players on each side of the ball. MT doesn't tend to reload at the rate of the Ironmen, so i look for next year to be a down year for the Panthers.

Chillicothe finished third in FAC play this season. They lose RB/CB and three year starter Chucky Morris, They lose standout LB and 4 year starter Isaac McCory, They lose an excellent DB/WR and 3 year starter in in Xzavier Doss, they lose exceptional athlete Jaiden Cain, and they lose 3 lineman up front i believe. They do return RB/LB Maxwell Lee who was their best all around player this season. I was able to attend Chillicothe's game this season against MT, and Lee was outstanding on both sides of the ball. He will be the piece that the Cavaliers build around heading into next season.

Washington CH was fourth in FAC play this season. They lose an outstanding D-Lineman in RIshaun Burns, they lose a 3 or 4 year starter at LB in Tyler Tackage, and i think they lose a few lineman. From a skill standpoint i believe they return about all of them. QB Troy Thompson returns, they return RB Wright, and TE Lemaster as well offensively. They return a lot of guys on defense as well. It should be an interesting year for WCH next season

Hillsboro finished fifth in FAC play this season. They featured a revamped offense this season that is very unlike Coach O'Rourke during his tenure at Hillsboro. This change didn't seem to help the Indians this year as they suffered another disappointing season. They have some nice underclassmen that will be ready for varsity time next year. I believe they only had 7-8 seniors this year, so hopefully next year they can get back on track and be more competitive overrall.

Greenfield finished last in FAC play after starting the season 4-0. What looked like a very promising season quickly turned ugly as the Tigers lost 5 straight games to end the season. They lose QB Braden Wright, but return Standout RB/DL Andrew Potts, and some other nice pieces to work around. They also will be looking for a Head Coach for next season. There are a lot of questions regarding McClain, so it will be interesting to see how things shake up for them.

Hoping for a competitive 2022 Season for our FAC teams!

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: 2022-2023 FAC Season

Post by greygoose »

Jackson should once again be the front runner, while they do lose some skilled players they return just as many and have some younger players coming up that are going to contribute. Once again the FAC championship will run through the Ironman.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Jackson wins the FAC by a running clock.

mt1fan
Freshman Team

Post by mt1fan »

FACSPORTS wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:47 am The last FAC team remaining in the postseason has fallen, so we now turn to next years' season.

The Ironmen, who were undefeated in FAC play this season, lose a plethora of core guys as noted by Ironman92 on another thread. They do return their trigger guy in QB Jacob Winters. They return both RB's in Wolford and Broerrmann. I'm sure they return some guys up front as well. It's never a rebuilding year for the Ironmen as they always seem to just reload. They do however have some MAJOR holes to fill. Nonetheless, Jackson will be the favorites heading into the 2022 Season.

Miami Trace finished second in the league this season. They are coming off their best season in recent memory, a season in which they finished 7-4, made the playoffs for the second year in a row, and knocked off the Blue Lions in a tight battle. They lose the best QB/RB duo in the league in QB Weston Melvin, and FAC POY RB Jayden LeBeau. They also lose 4 of their 5 starters up front, they lose All-FAC OLB Kylan Knapp, Along with some other key skill players. It looks as though the Panthers will need to replace 7-8 players on each side of the ball. MT doesn't tend to reload at the rate of the Ironmen, so i look for next year to be a down year for the Panthers.

Chillicothe finished third in FAC play this season. They lose RB/CB and three year starter Chucky Morris, They lose standout LB and 4 year starter Isaac McCory, They lose an excellent DB/WR and 3 year starter in in Xzavier Doss, they lose exceptional athlete Jaiden Cain, and they lose 3 lineman up front i believe. They do return RB/LB Maxwell Lee who was their best all around player this season. I was able to attend Chillicothe's game this season against MT, and Lee was outstanding on both sides of the ball. He will be the piece that the Cavaliers build around heading into next season.

Washington CH was fourth in FAC play this season. They lose an outstanding D-Lineman in RIshaun Burns, they lose a 3 or 4 year starter at LB in Tyler Tackage, and i think they lose a few lineman. From a skill standpoint i believe they return about all of them. QB Troy Thompson returns, they return RB Wright, and TE Lemaster as well offensively. They return a lot of guys on defense as well. It should be an interesting year for WCH next season

Hillsboro finished fifth in FAC play this season. They featured a revamped offense this season that is very unlike Coach O'Rourke during his tenure at Hillsboro. This change didn't seem to help the Indians this year as they suffered another disappointing season. They have some nice underclassmen that will be ready for varsity time next year. I believe they only had 7-8 seniors this year, so hopefully next year they can get back on track and be more competitive overrall.

Greenfield finished last in FAC play after starting the season 4-0. What looked like a very promising season quickly turned ugly as the Tigers lost 5 straight games to end the season. They lose QB Braden Wright, but return Standout RB/DL Andrew Potts, and some other nice pieces to work around. They also will be looking for a Head Coach for next season. There are a lot of questions regarding McClain, so it will be interesting to see how things shake up for them.

Miami Trace is not losing 4 of the 5 linemen up front. They return 4 of the 5 and will be senior dominated besides 1 junior on the line. They only replace 4 total on the offensive side, which will all be guys who had a lot of playing time this season. Definitely not going to be a down year. Landon Cope, Asher Lebeau, Austin Boedeker and Garrett Guess are names to watch for on the offensive side along with the senior loaded Oline.

Defensivly is the same story, only replacing roughly 4 guys. A lot of people dont realize that Trace was a young team this past season.

FACSPORTS
JV Team

Post by FACSPORTS »

mt1fan wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:36 pm
FACSPORTS wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:47 am The last FAC team remaining in the postseason has fallen, so we now turn to next years' season.

Miami Trace is not losing 4 of the 5 linemen up front. They return 4 of the 5 and will be senior dominated besides 1 junior on the line. They only replace 4 total on the offensive side, which will all be guys who had a lot of playing time this season. Definitely not going to be a down year. Landon Cope, Asher Lebeau, Austin Boedeker and Garrett Guess are names to watch for on the offensive side along with the senior loaded Oline.

Defensivly is the same story, only replacing roughly 4 guys. A lot of people dont realize that Trace was a young team this past season.

I thought for sure that MT was senior laden up front. The fact that they weren't makes Jayden LeBeau's season that much more impressive. I just think it will be a down year in the sense that MT will not have the best backfield duo in the FAC next season, and will not have the FAC POY. Yes, they have a talented sophomore class, but I think QB/RB is a big question mark. You don't just replace a three year starter at both of those positions in coach Jerry Williams offense and expect to not miss a beat. Asher LeBeau is a good player but I don't feel he is as talented a runner as his brother. I would be very surprised if MT is a 6+ win team next year. They still have Waverly, Western Brown, and Jackson on the schedule next year along with the rest of the FAC, Goshen, Logan Elm, and Wilmington.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Jackson returns 4 out 5 linemen with some big prospects ready, starting quarterback, a very capable backup, loaded backfield with 4-5 backs , will need to find about 3 receivers but they have athletes ready for their time under the lights, also return very good kicker.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ironmen98 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:24 pm Jackson returns 4 out 5 linemen with some big prospects ready, starting quarterback, a very capable backup, loaded backfield with 4-5 backs , will need to find about 3 receivers but they have athletes ready for their time under the lights, also return very good kicker.
What's the defense look like in terms of what they're returning and losing? A year removed from surgery will Winters be a full-time 2 way player?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

greygoose wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:36 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:24 pm Jackson returns 4 out 5 linemen with some big prospects ready, starting quarterback, a very capable backup, loaded backfield with 4-5 backs , will need to find about 3 receivers but they have athletes ready for their time under the lights, also return very good kicker.
What's the defense look like in terms of what they're returning and losing? A year removed from surgery will Winters be a full-time 2 way player?
Losing Mastin, Prater, Bragg, Jones, Karagosian…..5 big timers who did their jobs great. McGraw and Blankenship were in there a lot and very solid.

Guys will step in and do well but IMO, no way will they be quite as good as 2021….but I still feel they’ll be very good.

Winters will be on defense when it matters most but preferably not a full time 2 way player. He is an excellent LB. Landrum, Denny, Wood, Butcher, Jarvis, Powell, Broermann, Ervin, Campbell, Williams, Jones, Johnson will be the names of the defensive guys….a few wil definitely need to step up but no reason they can’t.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Haven’t done the defense yet but it’ll be somewhat of a rebuild on defense. I hate to see Jake on defense even though he’s a hammer ....that call is way above my pay grade

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:26 pm
Haven’t done the defense yet but it’ll be somewhat of a rebuild on defense. I hate to see Jake on defense even though he’s a hammer ....that call is way above my pay grade
Agreed it would be nice to just have him at QB. If he goes down it would hurt the team pretty good. I think the coaches have done a good job of finding roles for players recently. Maybe a kid who hasn’t played much all the sudden is plugged in on the d line or something and is making big plays. Just stuff like that. I’m sure they will find 11 kids who will fly to the football and hit.

LBD0263
Riding the Bench

Post by LBD0263 »

A lot of good 10th graders who didn’t play this year will definitely be playing on d next year. I believe WR and Linebacker will be areas of interest. Simply because of the shoes they are filling. But definitely not in anyway a rebuild year.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

MT is coming…..

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

countywide35 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:57 pm

MT is coming…..
They come strong. Jackson will be better next year .

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:23 pm
Losing Mastin, Prater, Bragg, Jones, Karagosian…..5 big timers who did their jobs great. McGraw and Blankenship were in there a lot and very solid.

Guys will step in and do well but IMO, no way will they be quite as good as 2021….but I still feel they’ll be very good.

Winters will be on defense when it matters most but preferably not a full time 2 way player. He is an excellent LB. Landrum, Denny, Wood, Butcher, Jarvis, Powell, Broermann, Ervin, Campbell, Williams, Jones, Johnson will be the names of the defensive guys….a few wil definitely need to step up but no reason they can’t.

I’m gonna throw a “Hale” name in there on that defensive squad that may just be a big time contributor when it’s all said done.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:59 pm
countywide35 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:57 pm

MT is coming…..
They come strong. Jackson will be better next year .

Jackson program is as solid as it comes from top down.

3/4 -2nd Place LOHC
5/6-3rd Place LOHC
7th -FAC Champs
8th FAC Champs
JV - 8-0
V- FAC Champs

Keep reloading 💪💪💪

mt1fan
Freshman Team

Post by mt1fan »

FACSPORTS wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:34 pm

I thought for sure that MT was senior laden up front. The fact that they weren't makes Jayden LeBeau's season that much more impressive. I just think it will be a down year in the sense that MT will not have the best backfield duo in the FAC next season, and will not have the FAC POY. Yes, they have a talented sophomore class, but I think QB/RB is a big question mark. You don't just replace a three year starter at both of those positions in coach Jerry Williams offense and expect to not miss a beat. Asher LeBeau is a good player but I don't feel he is as talented a runner as his brother. I would be very surprised if MT is a 6+ win team next year. They still have Waverly, Western Brown, and Jackson on the schedule next year along with the rest of the FAC, Goshen, Logan Elm, and Wilmington.
We will have to agree to disagree, this senior class is the class to start something special from here on out. The Salyers kid who should be the starting qb next season has ran this offense since 7th grade and runs it well, he just had a tough break being behind Melvin. Believe it or not, their game almost mirrors each other, he played slot before being injured vs Logan Elm and was pretty explosive up to that point. As far as Asher LeBeau and Jayden the only difference between the two is that Asher is more of a finesse runner, he can find the lanes/ cut back lanes eat up 7 to 12 yards a pop on any given carry. You mix that in with this monster Oline and a receiving core that's been playing for 3 years now...

Looking at the schedule Miami Trace should circle 3 games. WB, Jackson and WCH. Not too worried about Waverly, they are losing a lot of their production, that should be a great opening season match up that could go either way. Have to win 2 of the 3 games I mentioned. Those are the games that will put this program back on a respectable level.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

mt1fan wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:17 am

We will have to agree to disagree, this senior class is the class to start something special from here on out. The Salyers kid who should be the starting qb next season has ran this offense since 7th grade and runs it well, he just had a tough break being behind Melvin. Believe it or not, their game almost mirrors each other, he played slot before being injured vs Logan Elm and was pretty explosive up to that point. As far as Asher LeBeau and Jayden the only difference between the two is that Asher is more of a finesse runner, he can find the lanes/ cut back lanes eat up 7 to 12 yards a pop on any given carry. You mix that in with this monster Oline and a receiving core that's been playing for 3 years now...

Looking at the schedule Miami Trace should circle 3 games. WB, Jackson and WCH. Not too worried about Waverly, they are losing a lot of their production, that should be a great opening season match up that could go either way. Have to win 2 of the 3 games I mentioned. Those are the games that will put this program back on a respectable level.
Sounds like MT is building it's way up, WB, Jackson and WCH could be some high scoring games. Don't know that I'd write Waverly off so quickly as while they do lose production on the outside they return their entire OL and RB, then on defense they return the front 7 basically minus Fuethey. Sounds like that'll be a good measuring stick for both teams early on. Nice to see MT getting back on track and hopefully add some quality to the FAC league.

FACSPORTS
JV Team

Post by FACSPORTS »

I don't have a "favorite" FAC school, so I would love to see MT, along with the rest of the league, have a winning season every year. It's good for this league that so many want abolished. I was hoping MT would knock off Jackson, which would've made the 4th different team to win the FAC in it's 5 years of being a conference. I hope Salyers can run the show and run it at the level Melvin was able to. I know MT may have some 8th graders that could come in and contribute next year as well. It does seem that overall, MT has their program trending in the right direction.

mt1fan
Freshman Team

Post by mt1fan »

FACSPORTS wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:33 am

I don't have a "favorite" FAC school, so I would love to see MT, along with the rest of the league, have a winning season every year. It's good for this league that so many want abolished. I was hoping MT would knock off Jackson, which would've made the 4th different team to win the FAC in it's 5 years of being a conference. I hope Salyers can run the show and run it at the level Melvin was able to. I know MT may have some 8th graders that could come in and contribute next year as well. It does seem that overall, MT has their program trending in the right direction.
A lot of size and speed in that 8th grade class. Drew Guthrie has a younger brother coming up in that class and he is trending to be bigger than his brother. A lot of promise these next few years.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

mt1fan wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:52 am
FACSPORTS wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:33 am

A lot of size and speed in that 8th grade class. Drew Guthrie has a younger brother coming up in that class and he is trending to be bigger than his brother. A lot of promise these next few years.
Believe they've also got a nice QB coming up in that 8th group for MT.

Return to “Football”