FAC 2022

Ironmen98
All State

Re: FAC 2022

Post by Ironmen98 »

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:31 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:48 am
MadeInRossCounty wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:36 am A long way to go, but if they played right now Chillicothe would definitely compete with Jackson. They keep improving that should be a great game.
Chillicothe is loaded with d1 talent , bigger school. They’re league favorites today. We’ll see week 10.
They have got some athletes, that's for sure. Don't sleep on WCH.
Toughest conference in area.

Ohio1234
JV Team

Post by Ohio1234 »

Chillicothe lost a tough battle With Westerville North 17-14 Chillicothe was down 17-0 in the 3rd then Rallied to comeback 17-14 with 5 mins left just couldn’t get Stanley Jackson Jr and WEsterville off the field tough loss against a D1 OCC opponent chillicothe is a very good football team big turnover and some costly penalties killed us

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

I think Chillicothe is the clear favorites to win the league right now. Gonna be tough to beat them

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

:shock: :o
Ohio1234 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:06 pm Chillicothe lost a tough battle With Westerville North 17-14 Chillicothe was down 17-0 in the 3rd then Rallied to comeback 17-14 with 5 mins left just couldn’t get Stanley Jackson Jr and WEsterville off the field tough loss against a D1 OCC opponent chillicothe is a very good football team big turnover and some costly penalties killed us

Chilli->SD
Waterboy

Post by Chilli->SD »

Classic what if scenarios: if Chillicothe doesn't give up those goal line penalties and gets a couple of third down plays, are we 3-0? I think so, fantastic litmus test for the Cavaliers and where the program is in a short amount of time. I think we should run the table for 9-1 if they keep getting results.

I'm only here because the Navy said so!
Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

Chilli->SD wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:31 pm Classic what if scenarios: if Chillicothe doesn't give up those goal line penalties and gets a couple of third down plays, are we 3-0? I think so, fantastic litmus test for the Cavaliers and where the program is in a short amount of time. I think we should run the table for 9-1 if they keep getting results.
I agree. It’s chillicothe’s league to lose. For Jackson to go into Chillicothe and win it’s gonna be an insanely hard task

Ohio1234
JV Team

Post by Ohio1234 »

4 and short penalties absolutely killed chilli also missed a field goal. I was impressed with Galloway (on offense) down the stretch some big 4th quarter catches and a nice back corner TD grab he was open all night long just to much pressure in the QBs face to get it to him most of the time.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

Ironmen34 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:18 pm I think Chillicothe is the clear favorites to win the league right now. Gonna be tough to beat them
Just keep getting better each week.
League play will be fun to watch.
WCH is a contender.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Ironmen34 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:18 pm I think Chillicothe is the clear favorites to win the league right now. Gonna be tough to beat them
No clear favorite in my mind.
Jackson, WCH, and Chillicothe all equal contenders.
All 3 have surprised me up to this point, for different reasons.
Anything can happen.

Redshirted
Waterboy

Post by Redshirted »

I was impressed with Chillicothe tonight in the way they kept battling even when getting down 17-0 to Westerville North in the middle of the 3rd quarter. In the past that game could’ve got away from them. I thought the offensive and defensive lines improved from the first 2 weeks as well. Coach Bart has done a nice job with this group.

Jackson sounds like lost the turnover battle bad tonight against a good program in Dresden Tri-Valley on the road and still was in a tight game. You have to wonder if “Ironton beat them twice” and weren’t ready to turn the page as quickly as needed. Tough upcoming game against Western Brown which I’m sure they will be prepared for especially at home. Still favorites for FAC IMO.

Washington maybe the most impressive outing not that they scored 48 points, they will score point but to shut out a good program in Paint Valley raises eyebrows. If their defense is much better this year then it is clearly a 3 team race for the FAC crown.

Miami Trace had a head scratching loss to Logan Elm and I think is clearly the 4th best team in the league ahead of Hillsboro and Greenfield. Looking forward to next week’s action.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Redshirted wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:56 pm I was impressed with Chillicothe tonight in the way they kept battling even when getting down 17-0 to Westerville North in the middle of the 3rd quarter. In the past that game could’ve got away from them. I thought the offensive and defensive lines improved from the first 2 weeks as well. Coach Bart has done a nice job with this group.

Jackson sounds like lost the turnover battle bad tonight against a good program in Dresden Tri-Valley on the road and still was in a tight game. You have to wonder if “Ironton beat them twice” and weren’t ready to turn the page as quickly as needed. Tough upcoming game against Western Brown which I’m sure they will be prepared for especially at home. Still favorites for FAC IMO.

Washington maybe the most impressive outing not that they scored 48 points, they will score point but to shut out a good program in Paint Valley raises eyebrows. If their defense is much better this year then it is clearly a 3 team race for the FAC crown.

Miami Trace had a head scratching loss to Logan Elm and I think is clearly the 4th best team in the league ahead of Hillsboro and Greenfield. Looking forward to next week’s action.
I agree. Jackson was my favorite to start the season and still is. Tough non conference to get them ready for a deep playoff run, not the FAC. So their expectations every year are to win the FAC as it should be. WCH and Chillicothe expect to compete for the FAC, and this year they will. Jackson seems to like to try to play the underdog roll, Chillicothe is bigger school, etc. Regardless of Chillicothes school size some years they can compete with Jackson some not. This year I believe they can in fact compete, same as WCH. That makes this year fun to watch in league play.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Once Jackson mostly eliminates turnovers and improves on the offensive penalties …they’ll be the favorite. Right now Chillicothe and WCH are playing much cleaner games.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

[youtube][/youtube]
MadeInRossCounty wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:38 am
Redshirted wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:56 pm I was impressed with Chillicothe tonight in the way they kept battling even when getting down 17-0 to Westerville North in the middle of the 3rd quarter. In the past that game could’ve got away from them. I thought the offensive and defensive lines improved from the first 2 weeks as well. Coach Bart has done a nice job with this group.

I agree. Jackson was my favorite to start the season and still is. Tough non conference to get them ready for a deep playoff run, not the FAC. So their expectations every year are to win the FAC as it should be. WCH and Chillicothe expect to compete for the FAC, and this year they will. Jackson seems to like to try to play the underdog roll, Chillicothe is bigger school, etc. Regardless of Chillicothes school size some years they can compete with Jackson some not. This year I believe they can in fact compete, same as WCH. That makes this year fun to watch in league play.

Jackson is never an underdog. Jackson always gets everyone best. Top
shelf program top to bottom who puts a good product on the field year after year. No one plays the underdog in Jackson, and im sure no one in Chillicothe plays the underdog. Those two teams are the big dogs of the FAC until
someone else steps up and joins the party.

Ohio1234
JV Team

Post by Ohio1234 »

In the last 7 meetings Jackson is 4-3 against Chillicothe in those games Chillicothe usually wins in a close game the games Jackson wins are a blowout this years Chillicothe team can play with anyone in the area, and are extremely well coached I look for this season to be another one of those knock down drag out games If Jackson loses to W.B. next week they will have to run the table 6-4 may not get you in the playoffs in a tough region should be interesting

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Ohio1234 wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:02 pm In the last 7 meetings Jackson is 4-3 against Chillicothe in those games Chillicothe usually wins in a close game the games Jackson wins are a blowout this years Chillicothe team can play with anyone in the area, and are extremely well coached I look for this season to be another one of those knock down drag out games If Jackson loses to W.B. next week they will have to run the table 6-4 may not get you in the playoffs in a tough region should be interesting
Will definitely put them in a hole. But even if 1-4 this years Ironman can hang with any team in southern Ohio. A whole new season starts week 6.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Pretty accurate

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ohio1234 wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:02 pm In the last 7 meetings Jackson is 4-3 against Chillicothe in those games Chillicothe usually wins in a close game the games Jackson wins are a blowout this years Chillicothe team can play with anyone in the area, and are extremely well coached I look for this season to be another one of those knock down drag out games If Jackson loses to W.B. next week they will have to run the table 6-4 may not get you in the playoffs in a tough region should be interesting
6-4 will definitely get you in the top 16

Ohio1234
JV Team

Post by Ohio1234 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:58 am
Wow where have I been lol I had no clue it was 16 now I thought it was still 8 well in that case absolutely lol

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ohio1234 wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:57 pm
Wow where have I been lol I had no clue it was 16 now I thought it was still 8 well in that case absolutely lol
Everyone gets a trophy

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:22 pm
Ohio1234 wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:57 pm

Everyone gets a trophy
Just the way sports were intended to be done. To make everyone feel good about themselves.

Return to “Football”