FAC 2022

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: 2022 FRONTIER ATHLETIC CONFERENCE

Post by greygoose »

Dundas wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:08 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:53 pm
Dundas wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:54 pm

I think Logan Elm and Circleville would fit too if Waverly and Unioto weren’t interested.
Maybe next two in line …..Hillsboro hates going to Jackson and Boro, Mc, MT, WCH don’t care much for traveling past Chillicothe. I don’t think Hillsboro would like going to Logan Elm.
You’re probably right. Looks like the only two that would fit geographically would be Unioto and Waverly. Unless Hillsboro decided to go west. Then that would open up a few more opportunities I would think. It’ll be interesting how this conference expands. If they expand at all.
Yes, geographically speaking really Unioto is the one that makes the most sense, Waverly going to FAC would actually increase travel times as currently OH is currently the farthest at 44 minutes, Burg and West 40 min, Valley, Northwest and Minford all around that 30 Minute mark. Going to FAC, MT and WCH 51 minutes and Hillsboro 59 minutes, Jackson 30 and Chillicothe 23.

I would love to see an overall shake up in the leagues as a whole in this area, as would most ppl, I think they could scrap the SVC, SOC, OVC and make a much more centralized set of leagues and move teams around to make some a bit more competitive. Just an idea, not happening but oh well.

FACSPORTS
JV Team

Post by FACSPORTS »

With the announcement of Jacob Winters recently committing to Ohio U, He joins Tanner Lemaster of WCH who has committed to play TE at Kentucky, and Chillicothe's Tayvion Galloway who is currently a 4-star recruit with several Power 5 offers. Very impressive for a "weak" football conference! The FAC will be very fun to watch this year in my opinion. Half of the league is under new leadership which will also be interesting to watch.

wch125
All State

Post by wch125 »

FACSPORTS wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 9:26 am With the announcement of Jacob Winters recently committing to Ohio U, He joins Tanner Lemaster of WCH who has committed to play TE at Kentucky, and Chillicothe's Tayvion Galloway who is currently a 4-star recruit with several Power 5 offers. Very impressive for a "weak" football conference! The FAC will be very fun to watch this year in my opinion. Half of the league is under new leadership which will also be interesting to watch.

The league is very solid in most sports with athletes and teams competing at the state level in many sports. 6 teams makes it rough but the conference is doing solid. Hopefully we will add 2 teams in the future. 8 is better then 6.

TrueFan
JV Team

Post by TrueFan »

FACSPORTS wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 9:26 am With the announcement of Jacob Winters recently committing to Ohio U, He joins Tanner Lemaster of WCH who has committed to play TE at Kentucky, and Chillicothe's Tayvion Galloway who is currently a 4-star recruit with several Power 5 offers. Very impressive for a "weak" football conference! The FAC will be very fun to watch this year in my opinion. Half of the league is under new leadership which will also be interesting to watch.
Don't forget Drew Guthrie from MT who also has a couple D1 offers.

FACSPORTS
JV Team

Post by FACSPORTS »

TrueFan wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 3:04 pm
You're right, that makes 4 of the 6 schools in the FAC with legitimate Division I prospects. It's great for the rest of the players in the league with aspirations to play at the next level too because a lot of eyes will be on some FAC football games this fall.

21bwc
Waterboy

Post by 21bwc »

Isn’t Guthrie a senior? If he was going to sign he would of already done it. Where were the offers or was it just interest? Where is he going to go to school?

jose
Freshman Team

Post by jose »

21bwc wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 10:55 am Isn’t Guthrie a senior? If he was going to sign he would of already done it. Where were the offers or was it just interest? Where is he going to go to school?
Currently a junior

Kenny Bixx
Freshman Team

Post by Kenny Bixx »

Is it true Athens is considering this league?

Disklaimer: These here thoughts are my opinions. Dont mean too hurt nobodies feelins. Are we still able to state opinions on here without unfair retribution from certain folkes?
21bwc
Waterboy

Post by 21bwc »

Good so he has time to work on his game. Just going by what I saw when he was matched up against Clary in basketball.

Ed Gennero
JV Team

Post by Ed Gennero »

Kenny Bixx wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 11:51 am Is it true Athens is considering this league?
Never in a million years 😂

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Kenny Bixx wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 11:51 am Is it true Athens is considering this league?
I assume a joke. The 4 schools 40 miles west of Chillicothe don’t care for the Jackson trip and Athens is a 0% chance.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

FACSPORTS wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:22 am
You're right, that makes 4 of the 6 schools in the FAC with legitimate Division I prospects. It's great for the rest of the players in the league with aspirations to play at the next level too because a lot of eyes will be on some FAC football games this fall.

FAC pretty competitive in just more then football. Which of course is the bread n butter of school revenue. But FAC baseball is alive n well and the basketball comp is pretty solid too.

FAC to me is solid in all three main sports.

As far Athens joining this league. Not a chance !!
they don’t want the FAC. Minus the bus trips alone.
They don’t want to be leaving hanging banners in their found TVC dominance over the years.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
wch125
All State

Post by wch125 »

countywide35 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 1:16 pm
FACSPORTS wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:22 am

FAC pretty competitive in just more then football. Which of course is the bread n butter of school revenue. But FAC baseball is alive n well and the basketball comp is pretty solid too.

FAC to me is solid in all three main sports.

As far Athens joining this league. Not a chance !!
they don’t want the FAC. Minus the bus trips alone.
They don’t want to be leaving hanging banners in their found TVC dominance over the years.

That's a accurate I feel about our conference.

FACSPORTS
JV Team

Post by FACSPORTS »

I saw on Twitter this morning that Bowling Green offered WCH 2024 WR Isaiah Haithcock yesterday. His older sister Hannah currently plays Division II Basketball at Southern Indiana. A lot of talent in this conference!

Ohio1234
JV Team

Post by Ohio1234 »

Pretty impressive top end talent pool around the league QuinlanNetter Chillicothe RB/CB is making some solid moves in the Recruitment trail with an offer from Eddie George and Tennessee State as well should be a fun season ahead can’t wait

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Western Brown is a non member of the FAC. Hard to talk about FAC teams especially FAC football teams and Western Brown not get mentioned.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Add another D1 offer for this league. Isaiah Haithcock received an offer for Bowling Green University

21bwc
Waterboy

Post by 21bwc »

Who is the young man’s dad and grandpa? There was a guy by that last name that played in the 70’s just wondering if related.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

21bwc wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 11:04 am Who is the young man’s dad and grandpa? There was a guy by that last name that played in the 70’s just wondering if related.
Haithcock is a very common name in the Hillsboro/Washington area

21bwc
Waterboy

Post by 21bwc »

Just wondering because growing up was friends with Richard and played against him in high school. It is a small world because last night at the GA-Hillsboro game the pitcher for Hillsboro last name was Captain and I played baseball in college with a Captain. I went over and talked with his Dad and yes he was related to guy I played with and it also turned at the young man’s Mom was related to another guy I played with on the same team. It is a small world.

I went to Trace back in the 70’s

Return to “Football”