How can Granville beat Western Brown

Ironmen44
JV Team

Re: How can Granville beat Western Brown

Post by Ironmen44 »

Same offense that Kenton played with the Mauk boys. Only way to stop it is to man up with all 5 receivers at the line of scrimmage and chuck them and blitz your linebackers. Called live by the sword and sometimes you die by the sword!!!

LBD0263
Riding the Bench

Post by LBD0263 »

Its a gamble but I would blitz and blitz some more off the edges, make him roll out to the short side of the field if possible....Make Novak get rid of the ball before he wants to, way easier said then done. But I will be cheering for WB to win the state since they beat my Ironman. Good luck to both teams and congratulations on making it this far.

Ironmen44
JV Team

Post by Ironmen44 »

Ironmen44 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:14 pm Same offense that Kenton played with the Mauk boys. Only way to stop it is to man up with all 5 receivers at the line of scrimmage and chuck them and blitz your linebackers. Called live by the sword and sometimes you die by the sword!!!
Would run a 4-2-5 defense. The two DT’s head up over the guards and the DE’s head up over the OT’s. Then run crossing games with the LB’s by stacking them sometimes over the DT’s and then sometimes over the DE’s. When blitzing on the edge I would just have the two DT’s play spy with the QB by not rushing hard. Give them a different look on each play.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Just make sure you wrap up and keep the big plays to a minimum make them throw the ball short and keep the gains short by tackling well make that high powered offense dink and dunk down the field so they don’t strike quickly.

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Ironmen44
JV Team

Post by Ironmen44 »

MrFirstTake wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:34 pm Just make sure you wrap up and keep the big plays to a minimum make them throw the ball short and keep the gains short by tackling well make that high powered offense dink and dunk down the field so they don’t strike quickly.
Dink and dunk is Novak’s safe zone and he’s very comfortable with that. You have to get him out of his comfort zone. Yes make sure you wrap up for sure.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Ironmen44 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:53 pm
MrFirstTake wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:34 pm Just make sure you wrap up and keep the big plays to a minimum make them throw the ball short and keep the gains short by tackling well make that high powered offense dink and dunk down the field so they don’t strike quickly.
Dink and dunk is Novak’s safe zone and he’s very comfortable with that. You have to get him out of his comfort zone. Yes make sure you wrap up for sure.
I was more thinking dink and dunk to make the drives longer better chance of forcing a mistake and taking time off the clock so they don’t have as much time to rack up the points jackson forced a few turnovers just didn’t capitalize or we would definitely be watching them vs Granville which I’d like to see more honestly

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
BuckeyeBond
Riding the Bench

Post by BuckeyeBond »

Why is Western Brown even in this region? They are only 20-25 minutes away from Cincinnati.

Zunardo
Freshman Team

Post by Zunardo »

Blueaces1 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:54 pm Hello fellas. What’s it going to take for my Blue Aces to beat Western Brown this week?
Make sure your fans bring plenty of milk jug shakers and cowbells, hopefully that will distract WB's play! :D

Couldn't pass that up. Seriously, I know nothing of Western Brown. But having seen Granville last week against London, I'd say you'll need to keep your running back healthy. I was amazed at his stamina and durability.

untouchablevol
Waterboy

Post by untouchablevol »

BuckeyeBond wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:19 pm Why is Western Brown even in this region? They are only 20-25 minutes away from Cincinnati.
Good question when they were d2 a couple years ago they were in region 8 and before that they were region 12 in d3. Anyone know if this game will be steamed live? So I can watch it

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

BuckeyeBond wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:19 pm Why is Western Brown even in this region? They are only 20-25 minutes away from Cincinnati.
Region 11 has 23 teams. The other D3 regions have 27,27,28.
There are less D3 teams in central/southeast vs the rest of the state so it has to stretch to WB, London, Bellefontaine.

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

mt1fan wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:33 am
Ironman92 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:15 am
mt1fan wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:00 am How did I know that Id see a reply about officials on this thread..... Cant leave it in the officials hands.

Anyway, your offense has to hang on to the football, their defense is pretty sneaky when it comes to getting turnovers, they will fly to the football and try and get the ball out every play. Defensively you have to play disciplined/ assignment football, limit mistakes and capitalize on theirs. Although it may be few and far between they will make mistakes and you have to capitalize. Stay away from a shootout, defense has to force 3rd and long situations and get stops, receivers will sit in your void and he will find the open man. They stay very consistent in what they do on both sides of the football! Best of luck!
Then I followed it with it doesn’t mean we would’ve got him and then why. I’ve been more informative than anyone on this thread and 2 long posts and you pick out half of point. Tell me more about Bishop Hartley
Just sick of hearing how its always the officials fault when Jackson gets beat. Same song different year
If I had more time I would find the 2020 podcast where the Hartley coach whines about the 2017 game where Tri-Valley beat them due to a bad officiating call (in his mind). He also brought up another couple losses from the past due to official's calls. Hartley fans should be the last group to get on any fan base complaining about officials. At least the Jackson coach or Tri-Valley coach aren't whining about officiating calls from years ago.

mt1fan
Freshman Team

Post by mt1fan »

teach1coach2 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:10 pm

Then I followed it with it doesn’t mean we would’ve got him and then why. I’ve been more informative than anyone on this thread and 2 long posts and you pick out half of point. Tell me more about Bishop Hartley
Just sick of hearing how its always the officials fault when Jackson gets beat. Same song different year
If I had more time I would find the 2020 podcast where the Hartley coach whines about the 2017 game where Tri-Valley beat them due to a bad officiating call (in his mind). He also brought up another couple losses from the past due to official's calls. Hartley fans should be the last group to get on any fan base complaining about officials. At least the Jackson coach or Tri-Valley coach aren't whining about officiating calls from years ago.
I'm not a Hartley fan.....lol

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Blueaces1 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:12 pm Thanks for the responses! Our best all around player is our MLB and our top WR. If what you say is true, he will be keying on Novak and I trust him to make plays. Our fastest WR is our CB and has a few interceptions and blocked kicks on the year. Our other CB is tall, but not the greatest in pass coverage but adequate. Our dline is pretty good up front, so if our plan is to pressure, I’m sure we can get there some. Our safety is also a starting WR and punt returner, with good ball skills. We have been able to run the ball on every team we’ve played this year, and we’ve been very successful at passing with Crouch at QB. If he can go this week and pass from the pocket, we could outscore them. If Ernsberger is at QB, we still have a shot but we haven’t moved the ball as efficiently without Crouch. Based on the Jackson Scores against them, I think it will be a very good game. How was Jackson’s pass D all year?
Jackson typically struggles with teams who are efficient in running a spread, it's one of their weak points typically year in and year out they struggle against the pass.

TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

Will this game be on TV?

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

this makes me feel like we are putting Western Brown up on a pedestal. They are a good football team yes. A program on the rise yes. But they haven’t had years of dominating a league. Years of dominating post season play. They have an extra ordinary QB runnin the helm. Like to see him get hit in the chin over n over n a game and see the response to that. That’s not bashing the kid or program. Don’t take it that way cause that’s the last thing I would be trying to do. But I don’t think he’s been beat on all year by anyone. My assumption is that when that happens. It will be a long night for western Brown.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Attack
Freshman Team

Post by Attack »

countywide35 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:03 am this makes me feel like we are putting Western Brown up on a pedestal. They are a good football team yes. A program on the rise yes. But they haven’t had years of dominating a league. Years of dominating post season play. They have an extra ordinary QB runnin the helm. Like to see him get hit in the chin over n over n a game and see the response to that. That’s not bashing the kid or program. Don’t take it that way cause that’s the last thing I would be trying to do. But I don’t think he’s been beat on all year by anyone. My assumption is that when that happens. It will be a long night for western Brown.
In your opinion how does the WB QB compare to Joe Burrow when he was playing at Athens?

TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

Will this game be televised? Wouldn’t mind watching it.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Attack wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:24 am
countywide35 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:03 am this makes me feel like we are putting Western Brown up on a pedestal. They are a good football team yes. A program on the rise yes. But they haven’t had years of dominating a league. Years of dominating post season play. They have an extra ordinary QB runnin the helm. Like to see him get hit in the chin over n over n a game and see the response to that. That’s not bashing the kid or program. Don’t take it that way cause that’s the last thing I would be trying to do. But I don’t think he’s been beat on all year by anyone. My assumption is that when that happens. It will be a long night for western Brown.
In your opinion how does the WB QB compare to Joe Burrow when he was playing at Athens?
Similar players I believe, think Burrow was a little faster both very accurate, guessing WB QB has a bit more arm strength at this age but not much. Major difference in the 2 and trying to compare is Burrow had a lot more overall talent around him. Keep in mind Burrow had a D1 back, while Novak goes 5 wide every single down. Both very good at reading the defense and anticipating where the WR was going to be open at, Novak has 110 more pass attempts in 2 less games compared to Burrows senior year. Novak has to carry the team and every team knows it, Burrow had a TON of talent on the offensive side of the ball. Leading rusher for WB outside of Novak has only 84 carries for 393 yards in 13 games. Williams senior year he rushed for 2,300 yards and 44 tds and went full D1 scholarship to Northwestern.

Attack
Freshman Team

Post by Attack »

greygoose wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:47 pm
Attack wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:24 am
Similar players I believe, think Burrow was a little faster both very accurate, guessing WB QB has a bit more arm strength at this age but not much. Major difference in the 2 and trying to compare is Burrow had a lot more overall talent around him. Keep in mind Burrow had a D1 back, while Novak goes 5 wide every single down. Both very good at reading the defense and anticipating where the WR was going to be open at, Novak has 110 more pass attempts in 2 less games compared to Burrows senior year. Novak has to carry the team and every team knows it, Burrow had a TON of talent on the offensive side of the ball. Leading rusher for WB outside of Novak has only 84 carries for 393 yards in 13 games. Williams senior year he rushed for 2,300 yards and 44 tds and went full D1 scholarship to Northwestern.
Thanks for the comparison. I think a lot of people forget, and not to take anything away from what he did, that Burrow had all that D1 talent around him. The two twins went to OU as receivers, Williams to NW and seems like there was another one, maybe Saltzman?

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

mt1fan wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:00 am How did I know that Id see a reply about officials on this thread..... Cant leave it in the officials hands.

Anyway, your offense has to hang on to the football, their defense is pretty sneaky when it comes to getting turnovers, they will fly to the football and try and get the ball out every play. Defensively you have to play disciplined/ assignment football, limit mistakes and capitalize on theirs. Although it may be few and far between they will make mistakes and you have to capitalize. Stay away from a shootout, defense has to force 3rd and long situations and get stops, receivers will sit in your void and he will find the open man. They stay very consistent in what they do on both sides of the football! Best of luck!
What other time has Jackson complained about officiating

Return to “Football”