Wellston Coaching Search

Gray Cat
Varsity

Re: Wellston Coaching Search

Post by Gray Cat »

countywide35 wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:10 am
WildManWill wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:45 pm
countywide35 wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:07 am Too bad for the Rockets. Good for Coach Smith.

It’s hard for me to ever believe that this job will not be more then just a stepping stone in someone’s career.

The ones that did want to stay they found reasons to run em off. For whatever the reason may be. They found one to push em out the door. The ones that had success find another school to go to in less then 5yrs.

Good Luck wellston.

Not as cut n’dry here… Unfortunately a whole lot more to this one…

End result is always the same. Again, Whatever the reason may be.

Wellston ALWAYS finds theirselves in this situation.

Looking for a football coach…..since 1990-2021. 31yrs. It’s been the SAME THING.

I hate it for Wellston. No, I hate it for ALL the KIDS that has come thru that program the last 31yrs. Been good teams yes. Some GReAT players that come thru on back to back to back to back to back teams since 1990 that would have BUILT a program. Zero sunstained succes ? N why ? The coaches door has a temporary lock on it. No wonder kids from wellston want to go 10miles down the road to Jackson.

how in the world do you EVER build anything like that ? You don’t.

Good Luck Wellston. Hope this time you can figure it out.
Could be worse, you could be River Valley.

AMERICANFLAG
Waterboy

Post by AMERICANFLAG »

I hear Nolan Yates is the favorite for this job.

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

I'm sure NFL will be praying for him to get the job since he tried to annoint him at Meigs lol

3rd String
Freshman Team

Post by 3rd String »

Any updates as to who the next coach may be?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I’ve heard the Nolan Yates rumor a couple times. It makes some sense, especially if he really want to take over a program. His kid is a nice athlete and seems pretty happy here in Jackson but you never know.

And I have no inner knowings of any of this.

Wellston needs a coach though and they need to get one that will last longer than a Browns head coach. The turnover rate is crazy in Wellston. Need someone that this job isn’t a stepping stone.

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:30 pm I’ve heard the Nolan Yates rumor a couple times. It makes some sense, especially if he really want to take over a program. His kid is a nice athlete and seems pretty happy here in Jackson but you never know.

Wellston needs a coach though and they need to get one that will last longer than a Browns head coach. The turnover rate is crazy in Wellston. Need someone that this job isn’t a stepping stone.
They need a new stadium. Unfortunately for them when the new schools were built the guy running the basketball program was pretty much running the whole school district and he hated football. Hence, a new gym but no new stadium. That place is a hole and who would want to coach there for very long. On the other side they do get some dandy officials there and are a good 14 points up on every opponent as they step off the bus, so there is that. But you are right, they need someone who will stick around and build a program. Good luck finding someone with the current conditions though.

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

Gray Cat wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:46 am
Ironman92 wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:30 pm I’ve heard the Nolan Yates rumor a couple times. It makes some sense, especially if he really want to take over a program. His kid is a nice athlete and seems pretty happy here in Jackson but you never know.

They need a new stadium. Unfortunately for them when the new schools were built the guy running the basketball program was pretty much running the whole school district and he hated football. Hence, a new gym but no new stadium. That place is a hole and who would want to coach there for very long. On the other side they do get some dandy officials there and are a good 14 points up on every opponent as they step off the bus, so there is that. But you are right, they need someone who will stick around and build a program. Good luck finding someone with the current conditions though.
I agree a new stadium would be nice but the only thing a school district gets funding from the state for is a new gym because it is part of the building project and can be used for educational purposes such as extra classroom space, graduations, and assemblies. As far as officials are concerned for the very reasons you claim the days of schools hiring their own officials for varsity games are over. All officials for varsity games are assigned by an assigner with 0 connection to the school.

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

hsfbfan wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:03 am

I agree a new stadium would be nice but the only thing a school district gets funding from the state for is a new gym because it is part of the building project and can be used for educational purposes such as extra classroom space, graduations, and assemblies. As far as officials are concerned for the very reasons you claim the days of schools hiring their own officials for varsity games are over. All officials for varsity games are assigned by an assigner with 0 connection to the school.
First, not all assigners are created equal if you know what I mean. Second, a school can tell the assignor who they want and don't want for officials. The assigner has no authority over the school. Finally, the assignor hires officials for league games so non league games are up to the school. So yea, they still get homers. But everyone knows it so it's just part of the game. I'm sure some schools get them back when they play at their place too. Just part of the game in SEO :lol:

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Gray Cat wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:44 am
hsfbfan wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:03 am

Please tell me what’s wrong with CH Jones field .

First, not all assigners are created equal if you know what I mean. Second, a school can tell the assignor who they want and don't want for officials. The assigner has no authority over the school. Finally, the assignor hires officials for league games so non league games are up to the school. So yea, they still get homers. But everyone knows it so it's just part of the game. I'm sure some schools get them back when they play at their place too. Just part of the game in SEO :lol:

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

Ironman98 wrote: Please tell me what’s wrong with CH Jones field ./quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

It took them a bit but they got a new track (Jackson doesn’t have a new track)…..if put forth they could get a new football stadium. It’s doable.

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:23 pm It took them a bit but they got a new track (Jackson doesn’t have a new track)…..if put forth they could get a new football stadium. It’s doable.
Agreed. And they should do it. It would attract and retain better coaches IMO.

WildManWill
Waterboy

Post by WildManWill »

Gray Cat wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:32 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:23 pm It took them a bit but they got a new track (Jackson doesn’t have a new track)…..if put forth they could get a new football stadium. It’s doable.
Agreed. And they should do it. It would attract and retain better coaches IMO.
Wildman heard Steps are bein put in place to move the football games out to the new track facility, they even have goal posts up, just not happenin' yet cause they said home stands ain't big enough and they ain't no place for players to get dressed... Away stands will be moved from the current field to new field, same goes for the lights... Unfortunately no fundin' for turf.

WildManWill
Waterboy

Post by WildManWill »

I'm also hearing an assistant from a previous staff has applied for the position.

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

What happened to coach Smith?
Or where did he go?
He was a good one.

GRFan
Varsity

Post by GRFan »

Coach Smith took an administration job in W.Va.
The reason

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

Okay, thanks. Hate to hear it. He was a good coach. Definitely hard to replace.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Any news on potential candidates?

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
WildManWill
Waterboy

Post by WildManWill »

countywide35 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:00 pm Any news on potential candidates?
8 fellas sitting in front of the board right now.

There were more but 3 of them were hired at Gallia County schools....

Carter was picked up by Gallia
Morrow was picked up by South Gallia
Cooper was picked up by RV

We have an ole' boy from the Vinton County area that seems to be the favorite right now, the other 2 likely hires is an assistant with the past staff and a coach of another sport a the school... Hopefully decision is made in coming weeks.

Jrhighmom
Waterboy

Post by Jrhighmom »

Hopefully they hire Stewart, we don't need him at oak hill.

Return to “Football”