Wellston Coaching Search

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Wellston Coaching Search

Post by greygoose »

If Yates put in my money says he gets the job, when the boys originally went to Jackson he was in the running for the Wellston position back then but just a few bumps in the road to close that deal happened. His boy is part of a really good group there at Jackson so not sure he would leave.

WildManWill
Waterboy

Post by WildManWill »

Local talk is done deal just gotta cross T’s and dot I’s… not sure if true though as no name was given at the watering hole I got the information from.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

So the #1 choice the Rockets did have in place didn’t pan out and it will now for sure be offered to option #2?

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

Post by Wellston Ironman »

The scuttlebutt among the ladies at my restaurant while they enjoyed some cake, well not some but a bunch of cake as those ladies are full figured, was that the #1 wouldn't promise playing time for the little Johnnies so they raised their voices and ran him off. Not sure how true, but that's what they're saying.

The BEST thing about people from Wellston is that they have JACKSON on their license plates!
sgtwilliamjames
Riding the Bench

Post by sgtwilliamjames »

WildManWill wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:12 pm Local talk is done deal just gotta cross T’s and dot I’s… not sure if true though as no name was given at the watering hole I got the information from.
are they still waiting to hear back from the guys agent?

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

sgtwilliamjames wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:24 am
WildManWill wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:12 pm Local talk is done deal just gotta cross T’s and dot I’s… not sure if true though as no name was given at the watering hole I got the information from.
Prolly so since this is such a lucrative job. Surprised there aren't more big name coaches beating down the doors for this job. :mrgreen:

Hurting the feelings of the nadless wonders who are afraid to comment before the games.
WildManWill
Waterboy

Post by WildManWill »

I reckon, not sure what the hold up is.

Speedy991
Waterboy

Post by Speedy991 »

WildManWill wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:32 pm
We heard there were 108 applicants. That seems a little far fetched. But they were down to three and Yates has it. Just waiting to announce it.
But I wonder if his son will join him???

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Speedy991 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:03 pm

We heard there were 108 applicants. That seems a little far fetched. But they were down to three and Yates has it. Just waiting to announce it.
I hope not but will guess he does.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Speedy991 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:03 pm

Sounds about right, he almost had the position a few years ago when they first went to Jackson and he started coaching at Eastern. Heard he had told Eastern he was taking the year off to watch his boy play it'll be an interesting decision. Good for him if he got the gig though. I don't see him leaving Jackson as he's part of a really nice 8th grade group guess we'll see. However, if Yates is the HC it's going to be really hard to watch his boy play if he's at Jackson
Last edited by greygoose on Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Wellston should want NO PART of Yates--- get someone who can coach-- and does not jump from school to school......

sgtwilliamjames
Riding the Bench

vcgrad wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:33 am Wellston should want NO PART of Yates--- get someone who can coach-- and does not jump from school to school......
what wa shis record at vinton

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

sgtwilliamjames wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:16 pm
vcgrad wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:33 am Wellston should want NO PART of Yates--- get someone who can coach-- and does not jump from school to school......
I don’t know the exact record but from what I remember I would guess about 500. I wouldn’t put too much stock into that though vinton county’s talent at the time was down pretty bad.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Ironmen34 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:13 pm
I don’t know the exact record but from what I remember I would guess about 500. I wouldn’t put too much stock into that though vinton county’s talent at the time was down pretty bad.
5-5
4-6
1-9
1-9

11-29 overall

Yates had a good bit of talent in his years at VC. He also faced what was, IMO, the toughest schedule any coach at VC has seen over his tenure. We were 1 yard away from being TVC champions one season and finished 3rd In another during his 4 years. The program did decline record wise though. Although I attribute the tough schedule as a big factor.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Dundas wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:59 pm

5-5
4-6
1-9
1-9

11-29 overall

Yates had a good bit of talent in his years at VC. He also faced what was, IMO, the toughest schedule any coach at VC has seen over his tenure. We were 1 yard away from being TVC champions one season and finished 3rd In another during his 4 years. The program did decline record wise though. Although I attribute the tough schedule as a big factor.
Wiburn in the corner for the win!!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
VC94
Riding the Bench

Post by VC94 »

Orange and Brown wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:52 pm
Dundas wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:59 pm
5-5
4-6
1-9
1-9

11-29 overall

Wiburn in the corner for the win!!
Keagan wilburn in the corner was against Downs in something like 2017. Correct? Yates was years before

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Any official word??

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
sgtwilliamjames
Riding the Bench

my friend in coaltown said so
countywide35 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:01 am Any official word??

Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

Post by Wellston Ironman »

IMHO this is a good thing fo rmy business. When this new coach makes the moms mad they will stress eat. Means I will be selling lots of cheesecake. Glad to have him aboard. Those momma butts are about to get bigger.

The BEST thing about people from Wellston is that they have JACKSON on their license plates!
DILLIFAG
Waterboy

Post by DILLIFAG »

I have to confess being saddened by the news of who they are choosing as the next coach. I was holding out hope that they would bring back Ole Dutch. Kids used to run through walls to play for him and he even got them a game on ESPN. He should never have been run off by those moms and they should bring him back.

Return to “Football”