Irontons Ty Perkins receives Divison 1 offer.

XandOs
Varsity

Re: Irontons Ty Perkins receives Divison 1 offer.

Post by XandOs »

I would think of all people Coach Pendelton would
Know what it takes to play major college football. He is probably the only guy from our area to ever score in the Rose Bowl. I would trust his judgment on talent. He’s had more success in a college program than 99.9% of the people walking earth
Last edited by XandOs on Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

XandOs wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:48 pm I would think of all people Coach Pendelton would
Know what it takes to play major college football. If I recall he is probably the only guy from our area to ever score in the Rose Bowl. I would trust his judgment on talent. You can’t talk the talk until
You can walk the walk simple as that.
:lol:

Come play for ironton. Our coach caught a touchdown pass.

Yh8awinner
Freshman Team

Post by Yh8awinner »

Well we know 2 things for sure. The sun is going to come up tomorrow and Pendleton knows how to recruit and get away with it. Now will he ever learn how to coach a big football game? Because if you honestly have that much talent then you obviously don't know how to coach yet because you got eliminated way before you were supposed to.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

wobycat wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:52 pm
XandOs wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:48 pm I would think of all people Coach Pendelton would
Know what it takes to play major college football. If I recall he is probably the only guy from our area to ever score in the Rose Bowl. I would trust his judgment on talent. You can’t talk the talk until

Woby,

Wasn’t he a 4 year starter. I recall he was a great player who did a lot for the program while there. Jealousy cuts deep with you.

Also I can’t recall an Burg grad ever doing anything on that stage. But I could name about 25 Fighting Tigers. That’s the difference.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

XandOs wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:13 pm
wobycat wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:52 pm

Woby,

Wasn’t he a 4 year starter. I recall he was a great player who did a lot for the program while there. Jealousy cuts deep with you.

Also I can’t recall an Burg grad ever doing anything on that stage. But I could name about 25 Fighting Tigers. That’s the difference.
Who cares… lol. Haven’t heard of any kirtland d1 players either. Doesn’t seem to stop them from winning

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Pendelton has had a 4 year start to his career better than anyone you can name. There’s only been two coaches from SEO make it to two state championships and both of them coached at Ironton. His start to his career is better than Kirtlands coach. That’s impressive. The only reason Ironton isn’t still playing is injuries and turnovers. Wheelersburg was lucky to gain 100 yards on Ironton. They got every break and still almost lost. When the tables were turned week 1 it was a blow out no contest.

Yh8awinner
Freshman Team

Post by Yh8awinner »

X do you sleep with a framed picture of Pendleton by your bedside? Enquiring minds want to know. 😂😂

Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Post by Fan Friday »

Yh8awinner wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:16 pm Trust me fan Friday, I've seen plenty of football. I guarantee more than you. Good for these kids getting these offers but if you are truly churning out that many d1 kids then you should have at least 1 state championship under your belt in the last 3 years. A real d1 kid in southern Ohio can take over ball games like Carrico did. I haven't seen any kid but the Holden kid from burg do that and he was a d1 player just chose to play the game he loves more instead. Nobody else on that team has stood out. If you are a real d1 kid around here he's going to catch everyone's eye pretty easily.
Carrico doesn’t have a state championship! One of the kids your talking about had 14 D1 offers, another had 16 plus D1 offers, some of the others had around1-5 offers. Again I’m sure you know much more than the college coaches handing out the scholarships! Congrats boys on getting your college paid for!

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Yh8awinner wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:24 pm X do you sleep with a framed picture of Pendleton by your bedside? Enquiring minds want to know. 😂😂
😂😂😂

Do you fantasize about Wheelersburg football and their coaching staff? We feel as strongly about our guy as you do yours. He brought Ironton back when it was down. Your guy was handed the keys to a Porsche.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

XandOs wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:30 pm
Yh8awinner wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:24 pm X do you sleep with a framed picture of Pendleton by your bedside? Enquiring minds want to know. 😂😂
😂😂😂

Do you fantasize about Wheelersburg football and their coaching staff? We feel as strongly about our guy as you do yours. He brought Ironton back when it was down. Your guy was handed the keys to a Porsche.
Ironton bought a Ferrari about 4 years ago though. 🏎

Yh8awinner
Freshman Team

Post by Yh8awinner »

Yeah, now their trying to buy their dominance here though but it ain't working out. Lol

Yh8awinner
Freshman Team

Post by Yh8awinner »

Oh I'm sure you'll see 3 or 4 new faces on the Ironton roster next year when they come to open the season at the Burg. You can definitely bank on that. 🤷

Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Post by Fan Friday »

Why is a post about a kid receiving his 1st D1 offer turned into a side show about Pendleton and all the kids at Ironton that don’t deserve their D1 scholarships? Congrats Ty! You are a great kid! Look forward to watching your senior year!

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

If he was recruiting all these kids. I do believe there would be some sort of sanction by The state after 4 years. Has it ever crossed your mind that maybe kids in SEO want to play for a coach that did exactly what many kids dream about doing. It also weighs heavy on families today that if heir kid has dreams of playing College football there best chance is Ironton. He’s had more kids get scholarships in last 4 years than all of SEO combined.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

XandOs wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:43 pm If he was recruiting all these kids. I do believe there would be some sort of sanction by The state after 4 years. Has it ever crossed your mind that maybe kids in SEO want to play for a coach that did exactly what many kids dream about doing. It also weighs heavy on families today that if heir kid has dreams of playing College football there best chance is Ironton. He’s had more kids get scholarships in last 4 years than all of SEO combined.
He’s the greatest

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

wobycat wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:46 pm
XandOs wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:43 pm If he was recruiting all these kids. I do believe there would be some sort of sanction by The state after 4 years. Has it ever crossed your mind that maybe kids in SEO want to play for a coach that did exactly what many kids dream about doing. It also weighs heavy on families today that if heir kid has dreams of playing College football there best chance is Ironton. He’s had more kids get scholarships in last 4 years than all of SEO combined.
He’s the greatest
Glad your starting to come around. Jealousy is the devil.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

XandOs wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:50 pm
wobycat wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:46 pm
He’s the greatest
Glad your starting to come around. Jealousy is the devil.
Considering I don’t play or coach, and burg just beat ironton, specifically what am I supposed to be jealous about? A guy that coached a team full of transfers to two state runner ups. Let me know when he does that with 99% ironton kids. I’ll give you one. Lol

NellyWooden
Waterboy

Post by NellyWooden »

I wish all the student-athletes all the success in the world. Nothing I have to say is negative I'm just trying to understand how players get D1 offers and they're not even all ovc league selections. As one comment made earlier that may be mr. Perkins was left out by a mistake but I just wondering did he make all ovc I sure hope so I wish these kids nothing but good fortune. Just curious if that was a oversight? Congratulations to the Ironton tigers on a wonderful season

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

When has Wheelersburg done it without transfers. There has never been a team full of just Wheelersburg kids. Don’t throw stones in a glass house. Congrats you guys won this year. Look forward to watching next years game at Wheelersburg. I’d say Ironton is looking forward to it.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

XandOs wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:57 pm When has Wheelersburg done it without transfers. There has never been a team full of just Wheelersburg kids. Don’t throw stones in a glass house. Congrats you guys won this year. Look forward to watching next years game at Wheelersburg. I’d say Ironton is looking forward to it.
I said I’d give you one, but not 7. Burg had one on the state championship team.

Return to “Football”