Irontons Ty Perkins receives Divison 1 offer.

Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Re: Irontons Ty Perkins receives Divison 1 offer.

Post by Fan Friday »

XandOs wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:50 pm
wobycat wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:46 pm
XandOs wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:43 pm If he was recruiting all these kids. I do believe there would be some sort of sanction by The state after 4 years. Has it ever crossed your mind that maybe kids in SEO want to play for a coach that did exactly what many kids dream about doing. It also weighs heavy on families today that if heir kid has dreams of playing College football there best chance is Ironton. He’s had more kids get scholarships in last 4 years than all of SEO combined.
He’s the greatest
Glad your starting to come around. Jealousy is the devil.
3 of the D1 offers are kids that have went to Ironton their entire lives. “Recruiting” had nothing to do with their skill. And if you have issues with Coach Pendleton, start another topic. Don’t overshadow the accomplishments of these kids because you don’t like the coaching staff!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Congrats

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Yh8awinner
Freshman Team

Post by Yh8awinner »

Like I said in my first post, if you are good enough to go onto the next level you can get noticed without a coaches help. This sales pitch that Ironton puts out that if you want to go to the next level to play ball Ironton is where you need to be is just dumb. With all the recruiting sites out there all you have to do is use that little phone in your hand and send your film/highlights to whatever site you want and you will get noticed no matter what school you are from. There has been plenty of kids out there that have went on to play college ball in the area.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Yh8awinner wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:12 pm Like I said in my first post, if you are good enough to go onto the next level you can get noticed without a coaches help. This sales pitch that Ironton puts out that if you want to go to the next level to play ball Ironton is where you need to be is just dumb. With all the recruiting sites out there all you have to do is use that little phone in your hand and send your film/highlights to whatever site you want and you will get noticed no matter what school you are from. There has been plenty of kids out there that have went on to play college ball in the area.
Can you tell us who was the last skill position player. There’s always been lineman come out of this area cause you can’t teach 6’6 300. Not many skill position guys. Ironton sent plenty in 70s-90s. Ironton ironically has sent no lineman to college but a lot of skilled athletes.

Yh8awinner
Freshman Team

Post by Yh8awinner »

Not talking about the past. I'm taking anything away from Lutz.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

XandOs wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:16 pm
Yh8awinner wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:12 pm Like I said in my first post, if you are good enough to go onto the next level you can get noticed without a coaches help. This sales pitch that Ironton puts out that if you want to go to the next level to play ball Ironton is where you need to be is just dumb. With all the recruiting sites out there all you have to do is use that little phone in your hand and send your film/highlights to whatever site you want and you will get noticed no matter what school you are from. There has been plenty of kids out there that have went on to play college ball in the area.
Can you tell us who was the last skill position player. There’s always been lineman come out of this area cause you can’t teach 6’6 300. Not many skill position guys. Ironton sent plenty in 70s-90s. Ironton ironically has sent no lineman to college but a lot of skilled athletes.
The last skilled that I remember was Antonio Malone from Portsmouth. About 10 years or so ago. Played in nfl. But let’s face it. Very few skilled kids in our area, most walk on the Mac schools.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

wobycat wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:21 pm
The last skilled that I remember was Antonio Malone from Portsmouth. About 10 years or so ago. Played in nfl. But let’s face it. Very few skilled kids in our area, most walk on the Mac schools.
Watched Malone many times against Ironton. That was around 2000. 20 years ago. Maybe most of these kids would be walk ons too if they didn’t play at Ironton.

Yh8awinner
Freshman Team

Post by Yh8awinner »

You still didn't get what I said. This "come to Ironton" pitch they are selling today is a crock.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

XandOs wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:23 pm
wobycat wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:21 pm

Watched Malone many times against Ironton. That was around 2000. 20 years ago. Maybe most of these kids would be walk ons too if they didn’t play at Ironton.
Come on man. Do you run Irontons social media? Lol.

I thought this was about the kids accomplishments

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Yh8awinner wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:20 pm Not talking about the past. I'm taking anything away from Lutz.
I’m a die hard Fighting Tiger fan. Coach Lutz had as many or more kids move in during their glory years as Ironton does now. We had a pipeline from SP, Huntington and surrounding areas. I love Coach Lutz and have great respect for what he accomplished but it was no different than today. Many of you are just jumping on the narrative without any facts or evidence.

Bradley39
Riding the Bench

Post by Bradley39 »

Yh8awinner wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:24 pm X do you sleep with a framed picture of Pendleton by your bedside? Enquiring minds want to know. 😂😂
X at night
Attachments
0A3F4046-ECFF-45CB-983F-4DFF6DE481CA.jpeg

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

:oops: yes
XandOs wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:26 pm
Yh8awinner wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:20 pm Not talking about the past. I'm taking anything away from Lutz.
I’m a die hard Fighting Tiger fan. Coach Lutz had as many or more kids move in during their glory years as Ironton does now. We had a pipeline from SP, Huntington and surrounding areas. I love Coach Lutz and have great respect for what he accomplished but it was no different than today. Many of you are just jumping on the narrative without any facts or evidence.
Pm some valley fans. They have evidence

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Bradley39 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:26 pm
Yh8awinner wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:24 pm X do you sleep with a framed picture of Pendleton by your bedside? Enquiring minds want to know. 😂😂
X at night

😂😂😂

Ironton should hire you for their media.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

wobycat wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:28 pm :oops: yes
But let me guess. They are keeping it to themselves.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

XandOs wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:30 pm
wobycat wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:28 pm :oops: yes

But let me guess. They are keeping it to themselves.
Perhaps you should ask them that. Not sure.

wellstongoldenhotdog
Waterboy

Post by wellstongoldenhotdog »

XandOs wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:29 pm
Bradley39 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:26 pm
X at night

😂😂😂

Ironton should hire you for their media.
Attachments
9FD6963B-0903-42EB-99B9-734D5D2480A0.jpeg

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

I’m not the one spreading lies.

Yh8awinner
Freshman Team

Post by Yh8awinner »

What about the lineman from west Virginia that his coach contacted Pendelton on and he said he didn't even know the kid but was then busted when wsaz was at their weight room interviewing him and the kid was seen on the news in the background lifting weights. That was a good one. You talk about a backfire! 😂😂😂😂

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Yh8awinner wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:42 pm What about the lineman from west Virginia that his coach contacted Pendelton on and he said he didn't even know the kid but was then busted when wsaz was at their weight room interviewing him and the kid was seen on the news in the background lifting weights. That was a good one. You talk about a backfire! 😂😂😂😂
First I’ve heard of that one. To my knowledge there hasn’t been any kids from WV come to Ironton in last couple years. Rumors and lies spread so much. We’ve heard Wheelersburg was bringing in a 5 star QB last year from Virginia and actually just recruited the kid from Ashland.

Yh8awinner
Freshman Team

Post by Yh8awinner »

The kid didn't go because the. Coach threatened to turn people in to the ohsaa. The kid from Ashland which was the QB that came to burg because at the time there was a good chance Kentucky wasn't having a football season because of covid and he was a senior so he wanted to get to play his last year. We had a miller kid that was going to be our QB and would have been just fine. But since that kid showed up they used the Miller kid at another position.

Return to “Football”