Irontons Ty Perkins receives Divison 1 offer.

XandOs
Varsity

Irontons Ty Perkins receives Divison 1 offer.

Post by XandOs »

Another Fighting Tiger with a Division 1 offer. Wr. Ty Perkins was offered by Eastern Michigan University this weekend.

Does anyone still think playing at Ironton isn’t helping these kids get to the next level. What Ironton staff is doing for their kids has never been done in Southern Ohio. That’s 6 or so kids with FBS Scholarship offers in 4 years. Coach Lutz and staff in the 70s,80s,90s had a lot of elite talent but we never seen anything like this.

Impressive by Ironton.

Congrats to Mr. Perkins. Expect there to be more come calling soon.
Last edited by XandOs on Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

MrFirstTake
SE

Re: Irontons Ty Perkins receives Divison 1 offer.

Post by MrFirstTake »

XandOs wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:42 am Another Fighting Tiger with a Division 1 offer. Wr. Ty Perkins was offered by Eastern Michigan University this weekend.

Does anyone still think playing at Ironton isn’t helping these kids get to the next level. What Ironton staff is doing for their kids has never been done in Southern Ohio. That’s 6 or so kids with FBS Scholarship offers in 4 years. Coach Lutz and staff in the 70s,80s,90s had a lot of elite talent but we never seen anything like this.

Impressive by Ironton.
Especially being division 5 doesn’t take a genius to see what they’re doing people can speak of kids coming in but those kids weren’t headed where they will end up had they not came to Ironton even Carrico.

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

Nice job by staff and hard working kids

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

XandOs wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:42 am Another Fighting Tiger with a Division 1 offer. Wr. Ty Perkins was offered by Eastern Michigan University this weekend.

Impressive by Ironton.

Congrats to Mr. Perkins. Expect there to be more come calling.

Bradley39
Riding the Bench

Post by Bradley39 »

Congratulations to the Valley staff on developing a D1 WR!

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Bradley39 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:30 pm Congratulations to the Valley staff on developing a D1 WR!
Is that Crabtree’s first d1 kid ?

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Was he getting looks from Colleges prior to moving?

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Congratulations to the young man but did he really put up numbers to make 1st team all-district??

I just checked Ironton’s Twitter page and I saw he didn’t even make the OVC team unless he was inadvertently left off!!

Anyone have his stats for the year??

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:25 pm Congratulations to the young man but did he really put up numbers to make 1st team all-district??

I just checked Ironton’s Twitter page and I saw he didn’t even make the OVC team unless he was inadvertently left off!!

Anyone have his stats for the year??

Highlights I saw said something like 30 catches 650 yds and 10 Tds. I will say though. If Carpenter stays healthy he prolly doubles those #s

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Congrats

FatnOld
Waterboy

Post by FatnOld »

You Burg guys trying to take credit away from Pendleton and his boys again smh

Yh8awinner
Freshman Team

Post by Yh8awinner »

Congrats to these kids I'm not taking away from their accomplishments or if they can't someday compete at that level but I haven't seen any kids but Carrico on this team or last year be a d1 talent.

Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Post by Fan Friday »

Yh8awinner wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:38 pm Congrats to these kids I'm not taking away from their accomplishments or if they can't someday compete at that level but I haven't seen any kids but Carrico on this team or last year be a d1 talent.
Then you haven’t watched much football! Your comment is taking away from the “kids” I’m sure you have much better knowledge of football than the schools giving out the D1 scholarships. Not to mention some D2 scholarships!

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:40 pm
Bradley39 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:30 pm Congratulations to the Valley staff on developing a D1 WR!
Is that Crabtree’s first d1 kid ?
They have had a few but I think the last one they had a lb go to Kentucky I think but that was early 2000’s

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Most people I have talked to at games didn’t care that Perkins transferred from valley what they was upset with was the obvious recruiting of Perkins

Yh8awinner
Freshman Team

Post by Yh8awinner »

Trust me fan Friday, I've seen plenty of football. I guarantee more than you. Good for these kids getting these offers but if you are truly churning out that many d1 kids then you should have at least 1 state championship under your belt in the last 3 years. A real d1 kid in southern Ohio can take over ball games like Carrico did. I haven't seen any kid but the Holden kid from burg do that and he was a d1 player just chose to play the game he loves more instead. Nobody else on that team has stood out. If you are a real d1 kid around here he's going to catch everyone's eye pretty easily.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Izladoom wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:06 pm Most people I have talked to at games didn’t care that Perkins transferred from valley what they was upset with was the obvious recruiting of Perkins
And for what? To say that you have another kid on your roster that is being recruited?

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Seems to me a “real D1 kid” is someone who:

- Gets a D1 football scholarship

Coaches at that level are way more interested in what you can do than what you have done.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

TigerBob wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:24 pm Seems to me a “real D1 kid” is someone who:

- Gets a D1 football scholarship

Coaches at that level are way more interested in what you can do than what you have done.
I agree with this. Some kids have d1 size so they will take a chance but keep in mind. An offer doesn’t mean they will be there next year. College football is no joke. It’s not the same atmosphere these kids are accustomed to. It’s a very very competitive grind, year in and year out.

Yh8awinner
Freshman Team

Post by Yh8awinner »

I understand that they see some size in a kid. But getting offers for d1? That kid has also gotta show some dominance on the field too. I just haven't seen it sorry. So Ironton supposedly has 3 or 4 kids with d1 offers this year? Then how did they lose in a regional semifinal? Aren't we supposed to be in the "weak" region 19?

Return to “Football”