SEO Observation

Burg94
Riding the Bench

SEO Observation

Post by Burg94 »

Must say I was a little disappointed in Ironton creating cheer block against Burg last night. The state looks down on us southern folks and it is us against the world when one of us tries to make it. Whether it is our support in 2017, Ironton last couple years in Canton, Valley's Crabtree boys with Keller and gang (who kicked our butt), Martin's Minford baseball teams, Adam Cox's New Boston basketball team, West football team with Lens, etc, South Webster BBall, Burgs LLWS softball, Carrico at OSU, even Pendleton at XIchagan St...we have all stuck together and been front and center of rooting us southern kids on. True locals will continue to cheer for our local kids. When you have a program of kids without being tied to us folks that can infiltrate locker rooms, this is the end product. Will always support our true southern Ohio kids no matter what school when competing. Even real Ironton fans will show up...I've seen it. Not only sports...communities down here always help each other out with various tragedies or bad circumstances within our school systems. Just sad to see "local" kids rooting against one of our own. Enough ranting...will always wish the best for our southern OH kids.

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: SEO Observation

Post by wobycat »

Burg94 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:28 pm Must say I was a little disappointed in Ironton creating cheer block against Burg last night. The state looks down on us southern folks and it is us against the world when one of us tries to make it. Whether it is our support in 2017, Ironton last couple years in Canton, Valley's Crabtree boys with Keller and gang (who kicked our butt), Martin's Minford baseball teams, Adam Cox's New Boston basketball team, West football team with Lens, etc, South Webster BBall, Burgs LLWS softball, Carrico at OSU, even Pendleton at XIchagan St...we have all stuck together and been front and center of rooting us southern kids on. True locals will continue to cheer for our local kids. When you have a program of kids without being tied to us folks that can infiltrate locker rooms, this is the end product. Will always support our true southern Ohio kids no matter what school when competing. Even real Ironton fans will show up...I've seen it. Not only sports...communities down here always help each other out with various tragedies or bad circumstances within our school systems. Just sad to see "local" kids rooting against one of our own. Enough ranting...will always wish the best for our southern OH kids.
I can’t believe you’re surprised

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

wobycat wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:49 pm
Burg94 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:28 pm Must say I was a little disappointed in Ironton creating cheer block against Burg last night. The state looks down on us southern folks and it is us against the world when one of us tries to make it. Whether it is our support in 2017, Ironton last couple years in Canton, Valley's Crabtree boys with Keller and gang (who kicked our butt), Martin's Minford baseball teams, Adam Cox's New Boston basketball team, West football team with Lens, etc, South Webster BBall, Burgs LLWS softball, Carrico at OSU, even Pendleton at XIchagan St...we have all stuck together and been front and center of rooting us southern kids on. True locals will continue to cheer for our local kids. When you have a program of kids without being tied to us folks that can infiltrate locker rooms, this is the end product. Will always support our true southern Ohio kids no matter what school when competing. Even real Ironton fans will show up...I've seen it. Not only sports...communities down here always help each other out with various tragedies or bad circumstances within our school systems. Just sad to see "local" kids rooting against one of our own. Enough ranting...will always wish the best for our southern OH kids.
Do you really think Wheelersburg was there rooting for Ironton the last two years. 😂😂😂

We live in a woke world.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I think it depends on the maturity of each fan. Some can get drilled by a team every year and lose players to that school and the mature fan can still support and cheer for that team when they get deep into playoffs….others can just be whiners that hate a winner and cheer against at all cost
Last edited by Ironman92 on Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

XandOs wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:30 pm
wobycat wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:49 pm
Do you really think Wheelersburg was there rooting for Ironton the last two years. 😂😂😂

We live in a woke world.

There might have been a few but I can darn sure bet you they weren’t sitting on the other teams sideline blatantly cheering against Ironton!!

Burg94 is right. They look down on our teams in SEO and if we can’t stick together or cheer each other on we will never get any respect from Northern teams.

Pretty pathetic to say the least.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Can someone explain what happened?

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

TigerBob wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:40 pm Can someone explain what happened?

Bunch of kids from Ironton showed up at the Burg-HP game, sat on the HP side, almost looked like HP had a student section and cheered for HP.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Understand the frustration but if it was a group of kids you've just got to take that into consideration, they just got beat the week before and hearts broken so I understand it from their standpoint. Now as adults I'm going to assume, yes I know what that can lead to, but have to think most SEO fans continue rooting for each SEO that remains come playoff time. If anything it can be used to add fuel to the fire come week 1 next year. I just don't read much into a group of kids getting together and doing something like that especially if they were on the HP side, now had they stayed on the Burg side and done it probably would've rubbed me a bit differently.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

greygoose wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:04 am
Understand the frustration but if it was a group of kids you've just got to take that into consideration, they just got beat the week before and hearts broken so I understand it from their standpoint. Now as adults I'm going to assume, yes I know what that can lead to, but have to think most SEO fans continue rooting for each SEO that remains come playoff time. If anything it can be used to add fuel to the fire come week 1 next year. I just don't read much into a group of kids getting together and doing something like that especially if they were on the HP side, now had they stayed on the Burg side and done it probably would've rubbed me a bit differently.
Most teams do not want their rival to succeed. That I get. But to bring a group just to root against the team is juvenile but they are kids. So honestly it’s par for the course.

Arnie
Waterboy

Post by Arnie »

The bigger problem for SEO teams is they can't regularly compete with teams from above I-70. It's just a different brand of football and different attitude about being able to compete in the other areas of the state.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

wobycat wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:02 am
Most teams do not want their rival to succeed. That I get. But to bring a group just to root against the team is juvenile but they are kids. So honestly it’s par for the course.
Who brought them?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

TigerBob wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:31 pm

Who brought them?
I guess themselves. Lol. But there was group of them. I’m sure it was all kids.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Pretty dumb.

Wheelersburg wins and you have to watch.
Wheelersburg loses and they still have bragging rights.

Either way you’re out $10 plus some gas.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Exactly, sometimes you just have to chalk it up to kids being kids and adults can't hold them to a higher standard. I'm sure if we all think back at that age we done at least 1 thing, juvenile, just 1 :lol: :lol:

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

Not just an SEO thing. Guess it happened at the Dalton - JFK game with Norwayne students on the JFK side.

MACMan
Waterboy

Post by MACMan »

Glad to see the MAC has 3 in the final 4 with all 3 having a good chance to make it to the finals. Still think we'll win 2 of the 3 but won't count Versailles out.

NEO80
Riding the Bench

Post by NEO80 »

MACMan wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:09 pm Glad to see the MAC has 3 in the final 4 with all 3 having a good chance to make it to the finals. Still think we'll win 2 of the 3 but won't count Versailles out.
I’m hoping us and Versailles win. Love the MAC competition when we play them

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Teens will be teens. Im not surprised something like this would occur, at any school and any venue. I'd be less understanding if it were a bus load of adults.

Burg94
Riding the Bench

Post by Burg94 »

Understand kids will be kids! God knows I dug at rivals (during regular season). We will always bash each other during regular season but would never show up to root against a local team against a prep school up north. Just feel like we usually stick together when battling the rest of the state...when one of us makes it, part of us all make it in some shape or form. Sure anyone with long term loyalty to our area feels the same. Will ALWAYS support our local kiddos against any programs that look down on us river rats...overall, great group of loyal people down here...wouldn't trade our communities for any other in the state.

Rza1
Freshman Team

Post by Rza1 »

FIDO wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:17 pm Teens will be teens. Im not surprised something like this would occur, at any school and any venue. I'd be less understanding if it were a bus load of adults.

Yea. But these @ss hole kids are jus acting like their @ss hole parents.. lol I am sure most arnton fans are class acts.. like with any program. That being said gotta admit that the mouthy minority more than make up for those fine folks.. lol

Return to “Football”