Ironton 2022

XandOs
Varsity

Re: Ironton 2022

Post by XandOs »

That’s more along the lines of Trimble. Most of those points scored came the first year the coach was hired too when he had little time to install his stuff.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

loaded. not sure about the oline but loaded

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

The OVC is perfect fit for Ironton for location reasons.
Sadly it's not for football.
Other sports yes.
I can see this being the last season in the OVC for Ironton for a lot of reasons.
Some teams will continue playing Ironton is other sports so that will help ease scheduling problems no doubt.
As for football that will be the big question.
Wheelersburg Jackson Portsmouth will continue to play Ironton the other 7 games well that's a problem.
Ironton may pick up a few semi local teams Gallia Academy may keep playing and Fairland out of the OVC but can't see the others wanting to.
Chillicothe would be a nice one to add the problem becomes the last 4 games of the season that is when most teams are in their prime for league games.
Can they survive as a independent yes is it feasable maybe nut it will add the problem of getting enough teams to play without going 3 hours on the road to find them.
As for Ironton football they will have a very good year 8-2 is prob. expected the Defence will be killer if the QB stays healthy Ironton will be a very tough team to beat.
The o-Line will be ok as well as the D-line.
Running backs and Linebackers will be exceptional the secondary will be capable recieving unit will be better key again will be the QB staying healthy.
Ironton has the athletes and they look good for the next couple of years to come Pendleton has done a great job getting these young men to play up to their strengths and has got a winning attitude building on every level,

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

8 and 2 means they lose 2 of the 3 out of conference games.Not likely.

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

artisgilmore wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:54 pm 8 and 2 means they lose 2 of the 3 out of conference games.Not likely.
They have Burg be a tough game
Johnson Central should be strong
And Jackson will be no push over.
Only team of worry in the OVC will be Proctorville
The rest of the schedule should be a walk.
Like I said QB play will be the key to it all rest of the team should be solid

gobucs20
Freshman Team

Post by gobucs20 »

As always with ironton foolish penalties and turnovers will determine how far they go.

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

gobucs20 wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:29 pm As always with ironton foolish penalties and turnovers will determine how far they go.
Can't deny penalties will need to be cleaned up.
As far as determination the young players are constantly wanting to improve and the coaching staff is doing a great job in helping them maintain a winning attitude.
Ironton has a lot of promising young players to move forward with the key to the season will be not committing the silly penalties that has haunted the team in the past.

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Just seen Ironton gained another transfer. Class of 2023 RB Amari Felder from Huntington High (WV) is now at Ironton. Just another weapon for the Tigers. I think this kid had around 600 yards rushing, 300 receiving and 13 total TD’s for Huntington last year.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:28 pm Just seen Ironton gained another transfer. Class of 2023 RB Amari Felder from Huntington High (WV) is now at Ironton. Just another weapon for the Tigers. I think this kid had around 600 yards rushing, 300 receiving and 13 total TD’s for Huntington last year.
Another Ironton kids playing time diminishes. Rock hill coaches should start seeing local kids soon.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Wow, I'm sure more will come. So much D1 exposure

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

wobycat wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:38 pm
BuckeyeBlood wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:28 pm Just seen Ironton gained another transfer. Class of 2023 RB Amari Felder from Huntington High (WV) is now at Ironton. Just another weapon for the Tigers. I think this kid had around 600 yards rushing, 300 receiving and 13 total TD’s for Huntington last year.
Another Ironton kids playing time diminishes. Rock hill coaches should start seeing local kids soon.
Doubtful they would've already started to see that if that was the case, it's Rock Hill after all. I decided to head down to Ironton when they had the showcase couple weeks ago or so and was very impressed by the overall talent and things they were doing that night. Spoke to some different coaches and one was discussing exactly what Ironton was building up and as he put it, "These guys have practices where college scouts are coming to watch them just practice and for this area that's something special, people on the outside can complain about the players wanting to come here but these players see what exactly what is being built as well and what they can be apart of and help them reach the next level."

Bfan99
Freshman Team

Post by Bfan99 »

Crazy to think what Pendelton has done for Ironton by sending all these athletes to D1/D2 colleges and then having the athletes preform well in college. I’m glad that Pwest and Burg have taken Irontons approach and have been posting on FB and Twitter promoting athletes. Also heard Copas the freshman RB last year for NW has also enrolled at Ironton. I believe he earned all SOC1 honors last year in football.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

greygoose wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:36 am
Doubtful they would've already started to see that if that was the case, it's Rock Hill after all. I decided to head down to Ironton when they had the showcase couple weeks ago or so and was very impressed by the overall talent and things they were doing that night. Spoke to some different coaches and one was discussing exactly what Ironton was building up and as he put it, "These guys have practices where college scouts are coming to watch them just practice and for this area that's something special, people on the outside can complain about the players wanting to come here but these players see what exactly what is being built as well and what they can be apart of and help them reach the next level."
I’m pretty sure the rock hill kids that came in have went back. I typically agree with your posts because you’re one of the more reasonable posters on the board. But on this I disagree. Ironton coach does a good job of trying to get players recognition. But they are a public school. Some kids just want to grow up play high school and move on. I watched video on this kid. He’s pretty good. He will make them better, he will get playing time over another kid. I suppose if he was filling a need but I don’t think that’s the case. I couldn’t imagine a kid just wanting to sit on the sideline after being a starter all the way through the lower levels.

The above poster just said the northwest kid enrolled. That leaves a huge void for northwest and another kid at Ironton is pushed over. Not all coaches have the ability to spend time taking college visits. They are teachers and husbands and dads.

I’m assuming the high school landscape is changing and others will have to adapt but if that’s the case, OHSAA needs to just let it be open season and not govern it. Or actually adhere to their rules.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

wobycat wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:58 am

I’m pretty sure the rock hill kids that came in have went back. I typically agree with your posts because you’re one of the more reasonable posters on the board. But on this I disagree. Ironton coach does a good job of trying to get players recognition. But they are a public school. Some kids just want to grow up play high school and move on. I watched video on this kid. He’s pretty good. He will make them better, he will get playing time over another kid. I suppose if he was filling a need but I don’t think that’s the case. I couldn’t imagine a kid just wanting to sit on the sideline after being a starter all the way through the lower levels.

The above poster just said the northwest kid enrolled. That leaves a huge void for northwest and another kid at Ironton is pushed over. Not all coaches have the ability to spend time taking college visits. They are teachers and husbands and dads.

I’m assuming the high school landscape is changing and others will have to adapt but if that’s the case, OHSAA needs to just let it be open season and not govern it. Or actually adhere to their rules.
Guess I misunderstood your post when you said another Ironton kid losing playing time and talking about kids going to Rock Hill. Sounds like you’re referring to kids who left rock hill and went to Ironton to only go back, that I wouldn’t dispute as that’s very likely. I get not all coaches can apply time to help their players and quite frankly most simply don’t have knowledge base to do it. Which basically answers the question why would a kid go there?? Because he’s got a coach promoting him and the ability to, facts are if they’re not good enough to get on the field at a DV school and taking a backseat to others they’re not probably earning that scholarship at the next level. Which is exactly why parents and kids need to understand exactly what they’re looking for.

Ed Gennero
JV Team

Post by Ed Gennero »

wobycat wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:58 am

What rules were broken?

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Keep up or get left behind.No program will grow whose kids “just wanna play football for 4 years “.Gotta have some who aspire to make it to the next level.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

artisgilmore wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:08 am Keep up or get left behind.No program will grow whose kids “just wanna play football for 4 years “.Gotta have some who aspire to make it to the next level.
Lol. Every small Mac school and kirtland disagree

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I doubt anyone from Ironton will head to Rock Hill lol.

With Carter and Keyes at RB, he’ll add to the depth and rotation for sure. He should help out being a good Receiver though.

Go Fighting Tigers……

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:41 am

With Carter and Keyes at RB, he’ll add to the depth and rotation for sure. He should help out being a good Receiver though.

Go Fighting Tigers……
What about Perkins and Wilson? They probably will get mop up yards against coal grove and Chesapeake. I watched the kids highlights. He’s got talent. Will he be the one to finally get them over the kirtland/burg hump?
Last edited by wobycat on Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ed Gennero
JV Team

Post by Ed Gennero »

wobycat wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:46 am
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:41 am

Go Fighting Tigers……
What about Perkins and Wilson? They probably will get mop up yards against coal grove and Chesapeake
You are a bitter person.

Return to “Football”